Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waalx - Chronicles of Steel - lorefrienly enough?
06-18-2007, 09:01 PM,
Waalx - Chronicles of Steel - lorefrienly enough?
Ok the reason I'm posting this here is because Waalx, the creator of RealSwords is planning to add plenty of lore to his mod(s). Therefor he's writing The Chrnicles of Steel. To make it better he needs feedback but his own forum is rather quit. he can post it on BSF but don't want to go that public with it. So I suggested to post it here. We're a bunch that knows quite a bit about lore, at least in specific areas Wink I'm not sure if you can read it without an account but hey registration only takes a couple of minutes.

The Chronicles of Steel

Mormacil,
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
06-18-2007, 09:46 PM,

Can someone educate me on what RealSwords is again? It was mentioned in some thread not too long ago and I have no idea what it is...
Lol what?
06-18-2007, 09:49 PM,

This, this and this is RealSwords. And not the not forget the reason why we should worship this man.

"On top of the world"
06-18-2007, 09:54 PM,

They look alright I guess, but do they use any material besides Iron? The one that I really liked though was the Argonian blade with the teeth :chaos:
Lol what?
06-18-2007, 09:54 PM,

Read the book Tongue

"On top of the world"
06-18-2007, 09:56 PM,

But it's soooooooo long! Tongue
Lol what?
06-20-2007, 01:03 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
They look alright I guess, but do they use any material besides Iron? The one that I really liked though was the Argonian blade with the teeth :chaos:

the weapons don't use the 'material' classification. It uses the races, and give the blades a history of their own and a distinct style for each races.

they are mostly all from steel, but they will not be balanced as if they are all steel weapons..they are of different powers, up to the most poferful material for the deadliest weapon of each module.

as for the story being long...well, this is only a small part of what it will be... hehe
06-20-2007, 04:13 AM,

These, I think will end up being a must have for me. At last, the businesslike sort of swords I was looking for. These look like serious weapons & not Chinese sucker-bait. I especially like the hunting dagger...I've always been a short blade mer. Can't wait to see the rest of them. The lore is very flexible & full of inconsistancies...I don't think there'll be a problem.
"Remember yourself always & everywhere. The highest that a man can attain is to be able to do"
G.I.Gurdjieff
06-20-2007, 04:33 AM,

Take a look at the engravings on the wood elf blades: LINK according to those engravings, the wood elves are obviously buddhist Tongue
It's sort of like showing a picture of Jesus Christ on a cross, i would call that lore breaking Big Grin
(But i don't really mind) :]
Akavir mod leader.
06-20-2007, 05:24 AM,

Admittedly, a crucifix with corpus attached would be a bit much, but modders & even the devs grabbed a lot of ornament from obscure real world cultures, much of it having symbolic meaning in those cultures...it's all around you in Morrowind, yet nobody minds...the very Moon & Star is Islamic. There is a sword in Oblivion, I think it's Nordic, which has a triquertra on it...an ancient Celtic trinity symbol...I want it. that's one of my favorite symbols. In Morrowind, I like my red robe with the swastika border...
"Remember yourself always & everywhere. The highest that a man can attain is to be able to do"
G.I.Gurdjieff