Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water top housing
12-31-2006, 12:29 PM,
Water top housing
[Image: 180971_b3b76ee9.jpg]

Yes, I know those buildings are made from steel, but what if they were made from wood? Tall dwellings like those suspended high above the water could look very cool somewhere off the coast of Black Marsh.

Perhaps I'll do a concept of how they would look if they were made from wood...
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
12-31-2006, 02:33 PM,

very very cool....

for some reason I keep thinking they are giant ocean-apartments...
would love to see some concepts :yes:
12-31-2006, 05:33 PM,

Here's a 15 min sketch of some huts based on the picture above.
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
12-31-2006, 06:03 PM,

you know what... I think we'll go with that...
of course other people's concepts are welcome :yes:

I think I'll draw a concept of a fortress one...

so maybe these off-shore/coastal Argonians are raided by pirates or slave-raiders, they get all their stuff, get into canoes, and go to the big hut, probably the war-leader's or the headman's and survive the attack in there... Confusedhrug:
12-31-2006, 06:16 PM,

Sort of remind me of Ewok homes on the water... Very cool... But you'd need a ladder of some sort to get up the house after taking a nice, long, relaxing swim in Argonia.

I could easily see these in deep swamp... Maybe the deeper parts near the Hists?
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain
12-31-2006, 07:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Karzan
Sort of remind me of Ewok homes on the water... Very cool... But you'd need a ladder of some sort to get up the house after taking a nice, long, relaxing swim in Argonia.

I could easily see these in deep swamp... Maybe the deeper parts near the Hists?
either offshore or in deep swamp yeah :yes:

and my concept of a fort one is up...
this would probably be off-shore though... inner swamp ones probably don't need fortifications as these do...
offshore ones have pirates to deal with... thus they have timber pointing down to hopefully ward off ships with masts, and the spikes in the shallow water to pierce hulls... and holes to shoot arrows from... but as with all wooden architecture, fire is a problem... Confusedhrug:
[Image: offshorehutgi6.jpg]

but these would probably be more of a recent invention, within the last few generations probably, since in the old days, Argonians didn't live too much on the shores, that was mostly where the Kothringi lived, and if there was a political-social economy to Black Marsh, then the People-of-the-Root's niche was not the coast... but who says they can't move into a new place eh?
12-31-2006, 07:38 PM,

If I were an Argonian attacked by pirates I'd send three Argonians with sharp rocks to just smash up the hull under the ship aye? Seeing as they breathe underwater...
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain
12-31-2006, 07:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Karzan
If I were an Argonian attacked by pirates I'd send three Argonians with sharp rocks to just smash up the hull under the ship aye? Seeing as they breathe underwater...
try lifting sharp rocks underwater and smash through a foot thick wood...
its not that easy considering its underwater, you all floaty...
plus, you might hit your head on the hull and go unconscious... and the fact that sharks often follow ships... so i wouldn't want to be underwater next to ship when sharks are all around... I mean those sharks waiting for a meal, whether it be a foolish pirate taking a swim, or a dead shipmate.... or an Argonian with a sharp rock

if it work so well, i think pirates would've been scared of Argonians, not the other way around..
but Argonians had been ravaged by pirate raids for centuries....
07-03-2007, 07:16 PM,

these are a brilliant idea! I've only got a few more of the land-based hut models to do so I'd love to do these!

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-03-2007, 09:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by llamaranger
these are a brilliant idea! I've only got a few more of the land-based hut models to do so I'd love to do these!

Edd

Yeah, they are brilliant :yes:
I would love to see these in Black Marsh =)
Akavir mod leader.