Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about the Dwemer?
12-10-2006, 08:52 PM,

Ok ...no beards Sad

No doubt, they were Mer just like any other.

But thier is really a lack of any reminents of a home life for the Dwemer, you would think they spent their entire lives in the confines of their structures studying and working.

You could almost theorize that their dis-appearance was due a lack of procreation.

It would be nice to discover the remains of Dwemer homes, tombs and other things which would give the player the idea that they did in-fact exsist. Had lives, families... and maybe the men did spend their days working and studying, but the females provided the necessary comforts of home and family. And a few of them could have even risen to some level of power.

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-11-2006, 12:44 AM,

1) For Dwemer ghosts, they can be any mer race with a ghost effect and beard clothes, and just try to kill you.

2) How would we handle Yagrum? We can't exactly make a creature talk, and an NPC wouldn't be able to look like that and sit in a moving spider chair. How about the corprus has finally taken over his mind before he could be cured and there is an issue where you need to kill him in the corprusarium due to his hostility.
Or when you see him he is a cured, skinny dwemer NPC who no longer needs the spider chair.

3) Everyone knows that Dwemer use their dead as fuel for the fires that power machines..... They burn long, why else does everything still work.....
Lol what?
12-11-2006, 02:32 AM,

Quote:Or when you see him he is a cured, skinny dwemer NPC who no longer needs the spider chair.
Or the cure had a nasty side effect and made him dunmer, or worse a bosmer.

I'd like to see him cured. Just so I could make use of his skills. Be nice if there could be some side quests involving him. Yagrum could probebly make some pimp arrmor with sweet enchantments. Dwemer glass, What a thought. Or if you brought him the nessesery items he could craft you unique dwemer centrons.

Although if he was cured that would make him a celeberty among the scholerly types. also he would have no reason to stay at the corpusareum(I didin't spell that right didin't I?). So then ther is the question of where Yagrum would go. Some dwemer ruin. Soclusion somewhere. Perhaps to see the world some more. What would you do if you where so increadibaly old and cured of some restrictave desease.
12-11-2006, 03:24 AM,

I dunno about Yagrum getting cured... I mean he;s FAR gone... he IS getting his mind back bit by bit but his body will take a miracle... or lots of surgery... I can just imagine... *snip* *snip* *chop* *snip* "AHH NOT THE BEARD!"
Quote:Originally posted by Silver_leopard
What would you do if you where so increadibaly old and cured of some restrictave desease.
If I were in Yagrum's place and was just cured, I'd start loving with one of the Fyr sisters...
12-11-2006, 03:37 AM,

It would be great if you could cure Yagrum Bagarn, it would make a great Main Quest event. I always felt that they never did enough with the Last Living Dwarf in TES3, he kind of just sat there and... existed.

We could just make a new race for the non-cured Yagrum with all-new meshes, and give him some custom idle animations (I'm 93.7% sure that it's possible), then give him a spider animation or something for when he's moving/attacking.

If Divayath Fyr could cure the Nerevarine, couldn't he do it again?
12-11-2006, 03:45 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by candlemaster
If Divayath Fyr could cure the Nerevarine, couldn't he do it again?
that's the weird thing, for some reason... it never worked on anyone else...
12-11-2006, 03:57 AM,

You should never doubt the power of a 4000 year old Telvanni. He developed a cure for one victim, so that single fact would give him enough knowledge to make a cure for a second victim, and then a third, and eventually he would be able to cure Yagrum.
12-11-2006, 06:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by candlemaster
You should never doubt the power of a 4000 year old Telvanni. He developed a cure for one victim, so that single fact would give him enough knowledge to make a cure for a second victim, and then a third, and eventually he would be able to cure Yagrum.

His cure for the first victim (Nerevarine) was a prophesy fulfilled.

It's possible once the complete prophesy is fulfilled that an antidote for Corprus could be discovered.

Then again since the prophesy has been fulfilled, the blight storms are gon and corprus is gone with it, except those that allready have it, and in MW they are limited to the inside of the Ghostgate, and the Corprusarium.
Very few.

Thier is of course blighted creatures which still run around MW that could infect others, but that doesn't happen in game, so a nice little scenerio would need to be developed if a "cure" quest or storyline is going to be persued.

I thinks it's a good idea

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-11-2006, 12:11 PM,

Quote:KKA sez: I mean look at Nord women... they're tall, a lil' hairy, and fiesty...
raggidman wonders: Ummm, KKA, how would you know?

It is interesting that there did not seem to be any female Dwemer ghosts - could this mean that the Dwemer females are alive after all? Were they kidnapped? Was the death of the Dwemer caused by a sex specific poison?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
12-11-2006, 01:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Quote:KKA sez: I mean look at Nord women... they're tall, a lil' hairy, and fiesty...
raggidman wonders: Ummm, KKA, how would you know?

It is interesting that there did not seem to be any female Dwemer ghosts - could this mean that the Dwemer females are alive after all? Were they kidnapped? Was the death of the Dwemer caused by a sex specific poison?
Did Beth get lazy... again?! Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.