Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about the Dwemer?
12-11-2006, 07:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by candlemaster
You should never doubt the power of a 4000 year old Telvanni. He developed a cure for one victim, so that single fact would give him enough knowledge to make a cure for a second victim, and then a third, and eventually he would be able to cure Yagrum.
possibly, but then the nerevarine's trials wouldn't be so cool...
I mean the Incarnate has been through many dangerous roads and places and drank a mysterious potion whose properties are unknown and effect only assumed, and miraculously the Nerevarine survives all this and fulfills the prophecy...

and then saying that old Fyr had simply concocted the right medicine oh so coincidentally just as the prophesized one was about to fulfill that part of the trials... its kinda... odd... it's cool to think the mysterious forces of fate and prophesy saw that the nerevarine could be cured of corprus' ill effects

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Quote:KKA sez: I mean look at Nord women... they're tall, a lil' hairy, and fiesty...
raggidman wonders: Ummm, KKA, how would you know?
how come i shouldn't know? I'm Vvardenfell Ashkhan... Nords from the north, Argonians from the South, Imperials from the West, Great Houses from all sides... I get to know my neighbors well... and their women Cool
12-11-2006, 09:36 PM,

Yes, but as such an experienced wizard, he could have taken the data collected from the first potion for N, then figured out why it only worked for the Nerevarine. He could have then applied similar principles to the potion and adjusted it for his other inmates.

Or he could have developed a completely different kind of cure. I just want to see Yagrum cured.
12-11-2006, 10:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by candlemaster
Yes, but as such an experienced wizard, he could have taken the data collected from the first potion for N, then figured out why it only worked for the Nerevarine. He could have then applied similar principles to the potion and adjusted it for his other inmates.

Or he could have developed a completely different kind of cure. I just want to see Yagrum cured.
Confusedhrug: I dunno man, TES3 kinda made Divayth Fyr think some miraculuos work of fate did it, but he does do what you say but it didn't work apparently...

"I've got a potion. In theory, it should cure corprus. Doesn't work, though. Probably kill you. Killed all my test subjects. But you've got nothing to lose. Before I give it to you, I want you to look around below in the Corprusarium. Know what's in store if you don't take the potion. And while you're there, I want you to pick up a pair of boots from a victim, calls himself Yagrum Bagarn. My oldest patient. Handy fellow, fixes things for me. Bring the boots back, and then you can have the potion."
"Good. Open your mouth, and close your eyes..."

"Good. Now swallow... Goodness... Good grief! Look! Look! It's... WORKING!"

"Remarkable. Let me check your skin... your eyes... your tongue.... Amazing. I think it worked. No sign of the disease at all. Of course, you still have corprus disease, just like I planned. But all your symptoms are gone. Marvelous. I'll go try it out on some of the more desperate inmates. But I'll answer any questions you have before you go."
12-11-2006, 10:27 PM,

Fate or no, the event would have given Divayath a considerable amount of experience in term of looking for a corpus cure. He could figure out why it only worked for the Nerevarine, then alter the potion accordingly to work for some of his other inmates.

He's spent thousands of years looking for a cure, and he's getting close.
12-11-2006, 11:31 PM,

I agree the theory is good,

however the reason why the potion worked had nothing to do with Fyr's skills
it was simply because the PC was fulfilling prophesy
the same potion given to the PC was the same potion which Fyr used on others and they died from it
again after the PC is cured Fyr tries it again, hoping it would work
it worked on one why not others,
but again it failed, because corprus is uncureable, the divine disease

Quoting the Scholars Guild: Speaking on Corprus

"What Lord Fyr likes to call the "divine disease". First off I think that this title is a little misleading, while its effects early on in the process are disease like we all know that diseases can be cured yet there is no cure for corprus. I recently spoke to Lord Fyr about this and he claims he "cured" one outlander who claimed to be Nerevar reborn of all things. When I asked him to demonstrate the potion for me it killed both inmates that he tried it on, therefore I believe the "curing" of this Nerevarine was either a fluke, was completed with the unknown help of the Divine, or a story made up by Divayth to gain attention. It should be noted that corprus can bring on disease such as the blight's many forms yet I do not believe that corprus itself is in fact a disease"

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-12-2006, 12:45 AM,

Hows about either 'someone' divine lent a hand, or coprus recognises the nature of 'people's' role in things = sensitive to abuse of the divine - and especially to the abuse of the Heart, therefore the Nerevarine (being bound to end the abuse of the Heart) was curable...

Maybe even it was the Heart that helped the cure?

About the hairiness of them wimmin ... I thinks you are dreamin KKA ... Tongue
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
12-12-2006, 01:41 AM,

Maybe the potion contained blood of the sixth house, and since the player has a divine purpose, the blood reacted and gave the player the immunity trait, where the impure ones could not. Dagoth Ur himself could choose who to take on the blood of the Sixth house, and not wanting to cure the corprus beasts ended up killing them, but allowed Nerevar to live because it was in the prophecy.
Lol what?
12-12-2006, 02:32 AM,

so you point is you want Yagrum to be cured, and now finding ways for him to be... even though clearly my divine power allowed the Nerevarine to be cured... its all willpowa baby, just gotta believe... but ya see Yagrum doesn't totally want to be cured, cause if he was, then he would be able to hang around with a bunch of corprus monsters who make him feel so smart compared to them, and he would have a sexy Fyr suster to look after him and tend to his every need...
just throwing some ideas Confusedhrug:
12-12-2006, 04:33 AM,

I'm just thinking that if the potion only worked because of some divine interference, then Fyr would be able to acknowledge this and work towards a cure in a different direction. Maybe create some divine interference himself.

Besides, the only real reason why Yagrum stays in the Corprusarium is because he has Corprus and doesn't want others to catch it. If he were cured, he could go wherever he wanted. (Although he'd probably stay at Tel Fry because of his history and friendship with Divayath)
12-12-2006, 03:12 PM,

The idea that Dagoth Ur could influence the nature of the disease himself is interesting - that suggests that Divayth Fyr thought of Dagoth Ur as a God!

There was one thing that interested me about the nature of the different characters who contracted coprus - looking at the Dagoths there were only a very few that appearred to remain uncorrupted (visually at least)

Could it be that only if you yourself reach high enough towards divinity can you have the potential to avoid the corrupting effects, but that there has to be a catalyst of belief to activate it? And that therefore what actually happened was that Divayth Fyr's potion was a placebo, and that it is the player's new belief that there is a cure, plus his/her own attributes that made the corruption-resistance factor/s kick in naturally.

Consider that for the Dagoths it was a test of their belief in Him, but the player would be conflicted about that - as all those he had contact with had a different angle, and all negative. But on the other hand, the player could believe in Divayth Fyr (sigh, helped along in KKA's case by his daughted-wives Confusedhrug: .)
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman