Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about the Dwemer?
12-12-2006, 04:58 PM,

adding on to raggidman....

perhaps innocence and conviction is the key?
the strong belief that you are the Incarnate, that you are no be cured...
I bet most corprus folk either don't want to be free of corprus (being of Dagoth-blood) or got it but felt ruined and degenerated. They woul dhave been wavering, skeptical, and regretful... at least while they retained their memores and sanity...
so perhaps the Nerevarine, was so convinced and free of the emotions that would hamper cure, that the Incarnate was cured of the ill effect... of course you still had corprus, but you didn't look it and you didn't feel it...

candlemaster, THAT might be a bit more likely than your original ideas of simply potion ingredients... unless ya got ingredients able to counter the effects of a disease from the manipulations of a master wizard and the heart of a god

and actually if you look closely, a lot of people were wavering...
Divayth Fyr certainly saw Dagoth Ur's disease as a divines blessing...
look at Orvas Dren... he was a big traditionalist, but even he said:
"I have long believed it was a mistake to turn from the old gods. Perhaps Azura is with you after all. And perhaps not. I will tell you that I've spoken with Dagoth Ur. He promised me the same thing. That he will drive the foreigners from our lands. But I am not one to ignore opportunity, nor am I one to be troubled by rubbing two sides of a coin. If you are a ___ of your word, I am your ally. I will tell Velanda Omani and Nevena Ules to support you as Hortator of House Hlaalu."
12-12-2006, 07:11 PM,

All of these ideas are great, but I for one still want Yagrum to be cured.

Vivec is still alive, maybe Divayath can use him somehow to reverse Dagoth's curse/superdisease.
12-13-2006, 03:14 AM,

Impure people who caught corprus became the corprus beasts, but others who were of pure sixth house blood became sleepers.
Lol what?
12-13-2006, 03:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Impure people who caught corprus became the corprus beasts, but others who were of pure sixth house blood became sleepers.
or of substantial 6th House bloodline... Confusedhrug:
I mean most of 6th House was massacred, the thousands of orphans taken into the other Houses...

however if you think about it... since the Indoril were the largest House during the First Council... and was also the main participater, though other Houses were smaller and had smaller contributions of resources and warriors...

it seems that Indoril, having done most of the massacring, and having the biggest heart, would probably have been the main foster parent House for the Dagoth orphans... meaning a lot of Indorils, though by no means the majority, are Dagoth descent
12-13-2006, 11:19 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by candlemaster
All of these ideas are great, but I for one still want Yagrum to be cured.

Vivec is still alive, maybe Divayath can use him somehow to reverse Dagoth's curse/superdisease.
Wrong, Vivec is missing in the OB storyline, both Soltha Sil and Alemexia are dead Wink

I think it's cool to have Yagrum cured, like the idea of one of Fyr's sister taking care of him, new bodymesh? Big Grin I think it's possible that Fyr found a cure, it has been years, the Blightstorms are over. Since they're gone people can travel to Vvardenvell again, maybe some healers came along to help Fyr?
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
12-13-2006, 06:15 PM,

Its a nice Idea

How would you handle the more advancely mutated??
what about the blighted creatures ???

when they respawn they are still blighted, something would have to be done about that.

how bout a tranqulizer arrow or dart to knock out the patient then administer the cure.
same with the corprus infected people, knock them out as well, inject them with the cure and watch as they transform back into normal looking Men/Mer

"Ah, thank you. I feel like my old self again"

Maybe our Cerro Vampires (PLUG) have some potential cure on the horizon. To help Fyr, for a price of course!

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-13-2006, 08:09 PM,

Ok, two problems: Sad Sad

1. Creatures can't have dialogue in this game, so making Yagrum a creature and be able to be talked to is out.
2. From what I've seen, making new NPC meshes is impossible, all NPC's use the default body meshes, so thats a no-no as well if he is still sick.

So, either we make Yagrum go into a frenzy where you need to kill him as a creature, or he is cured and walks upright as an NPC. Those are your options.

Unless we can get an animated chair, beef up the NPC body weight and decrease the height a bit, and have him sit in the animated chair.
Lol what?
12-13-2006, 08:35 PM,

What about some sort of horse instead of a chair?
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
12-14-2006, 12:13 AM,

Why can't we make new NPC meshes? If you can add new animations (it's been done), then why couldn't you add new meshes?

Edit: Perhaps we could just script Yagrum so that when the player tries to talk with him, the game would start a dialogue with an invisible NPC standing, well, IN Yagrum. We could name the invisible NPC Yagrum Bagarn as well so if the player talked with him you would get exactly the same thing.
12-14-2006, 01:33 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by candlemaster
Edit: Perhaps we could just script Yagrum so that when the player tries to talk with him, the game would start a dialogue with an invisible NPC standing, well, IN Yagrum. We could name the invisible NPC Yagrum Bagarn as well so if the player talked with him you would get exactly the same thing.
that is a good idea :yes: