Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xae's OST Contributions (BM Soundtrack)
10-23-2010, 04:50 PM,

Nice! If I'm hearing the same sound that Ibsen did, then I really liked that "wind" sound too. It was very fitting, imo.

Koniption

EDIT: Xae, I can't find the following songs to download from this linky:

http://danielran.com/BMOST/

Interiors -
....Gideon 1: Ballad of the Mask
....Tribal 1: A Wary Visit
....Soulrest 1: Cloak of Sunlight
....Castles: Royalty

If you're still working on finalizing them or are not ready to upload them, I'll understand. I just wanted to get my hands on them, so I can sort them into the BM music scripting folder(s) of mine.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
10-24-2010, 01:53 PM,

Wasn't the Royalty tune going to be for the Royal Court faction, not the Imperial Governor's castles?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-24-2010, 03:01 PM,

Kp: I haven't gotten around to adding them yet. I've been quite busy and it must've slipped my mind. I'll do it before I hit the sack tonight.

Deeza: Originally, I composed it for any and all castles. It can definitely be for just the Royal Court faction, I just haven't edited the OP to reflect that. I'm assuming it'll still be played in certain interiors. I just need to know how to sort it (and I think Kp needs to know that too, if she doesn't already). Tell me what to write and I'll fix it.
10-24-2010, 03:18 PM,

I was thinking that it sounded more appropriate for the Royal Court faction, because it's a merger of argonian and grand imperial-style music, which is pretty much that faction's whole motif. It'd be perfect. Would you be able to compose another tune for the Imperial castles (perhaps another version of Royalty?), if that's possible?

10-24-2010, 03:25 PM,

I could compose another theme for the castles, yes. When would the Royal Court faction music be played?
10-24-2010, 03:51 PM,

I think it would be fine to stick with just the one tune for all. Logically-speaking, it's the same Faction seeing as the Governors would, to some extent at least, 'serve' the Royal Court.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-24-2010, 03:55 PM,

I was thinking it would be played in Lilmoth and the other Royal Court bases, like their forts around Black Marsh. It always seemed like more of an entry theme to me, so perhaps as you enter Lilmoth and at certain other times after?

What does everyone else think?

10-24-2010, 04:01 PM,

I guess it's down to Xae since he's our 'sound man'. There's no rush as yet since this is some way off and we haven't entirely finalised all our plans and ideas for the RC faction. Plus Xae has no visual reference of Lilmoth. Nevertheless, I guess it's best to have variations... :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-04-2010, 10:54 AM,

Seeing the shots of Blackrose not only tempted me to get completely side-tracked by writing music for all the non-beta places but also inspired with several ideas that have now taken shape in Senza Luce. The name is Italian and literally means 'without light', and it came to me while composing because in orchestral sheet music one writes 'senza vibrato' to indicate that string instruments should play without vibrato.

Now, while you're all reeling from how exciting that bit of information was, although I had Blackrose in mind while composing it was also largely experimental as it gave me the chance to flex some of the samples that I don't use all that often. Also, given that the non-beta is way off, it may well get replaced. Hence, I added it to SoundClick but I don't regard it as part of the OST (the SoundClick song info page is lying).

On another note, since a lot of progress has been made I believe it's just about time to get working on a master implementation list for the beta regions. In other words, a complete list of all exteriors and interiors (categorised to the smallest step necessary) with their respective assigned music type/track, along with what their BMS prefix is. This should be grouped with a suggestions/requests list to keep track of all the chunks/interiors that could benefit from their unique track.

Sounds like great fun, right?
11-04-2010, 02:15 PM,

Whoot! I almost started to dance to "Senza Luce". Actually, I just wiggled my upper body to the music, since I was sitting down at the time. Lol, if my bros had seen me, they would have thought something was wrong with me.

That piece was great, btw.

You're right, we need to start sorting out how to rename interiors and such, for music implementation. I think making a spread sheet of how the naming system should be, and what songs go to each place, should be made first.

Actually, I was wanting to ask Ibsen and you if I can take on that task?

I think I need a longer break from modeling (plus I'm stuck in Blender atm, and need to ask for help), and a seemingly mind-numbing task like interior name sorting sounds like my cup of tea right now. Plus, I've been the one working mostly with the music scripts, so I'm more familiar with how things work.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool