Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
andy12750's City and Regions Guidebooks
01-26-2010, 06:19 PM,

The ex-Dunmer Mansion is, from the beginning of the game, abandoned but might still be furnished (haven't figured that one out yet). As the Fighter's Guild develops under the player's guidance, the Guild themselves will purchase the building but it is not theirs from the outset. This is part of the FG questline in that the Guild must build up their reputation as a separate entity unrelated to the Empire but existing as a kind of mercenary group, much like the Blackwood Company, who have pretty much disappeared (although some have fled back to Argonia and will probably be encountered in the questline).

The Mage's Seminary IS the Mages Guild in effect. It's just that the Mages Guild, like the FG, does not exist in the same way as the one in Cyrodiil. They are merely a school of magic, since the major influence in terms of magic is Bhuru magic which is the type of magic practiced by the shaman.

I think it likely that your guide for this city will undergo some editing as there are a number of things about Gideon that are quite convoluted. With the Shadowscales present, it is probably the most threatening and deadly city in terms of civil unrest and has a long history of bloodshed on its streets. Combine this with the carnival that will perform in the city square and the unknown threat that lurks beneath the city in the sewers...and the uneasy racial relationships for a city that has been occupied more times than a public lavatory...and the local 'exotic' whorehouse that really exposes the grimy, immoral underbelly of a city that's given in to exploitation and corruption.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-05-2010, 12:01 AM,

Hey guys, big update! Completely new and expanded Guide to Gideon! It may not be my best, but its alot better than before. Constructive Criticism welcome!
02-05-2010, 12:03 AM,

Sorry, where is it? Did you update the first post?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-05-2010, 12:17 AM,

Yep it should be under 'Completed Guides' I think.
02-05-2010, 12:30 AM,

Thanks. Will read and comment on it.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-06-2010, 11:27 AM,

Cheers, Andy. Completed Guides? Could you provide a link, please?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-06-2010, 12:20 PM,

It's in the OP.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
02-06-2010, 06:25 PM,

So? What do you think?
02-06-2010, 06:26 PM,

Thanks, JK. I read it and really liked it. Nice work, Andy!
02-06-2010, 06:28 PM,

Thanks IG.

Edit- Hm, i'm not sure what city to do next... Do you want me to do guides to villages to, like Tenmar Wall and Chasepoint? Because I was thinking perhaps I could make more of a pocket guide to Villages, morphing them all into one large book about the size of a couple regular city guides?