Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
andy12750's City and Regions Guidebooks
02-06-2010, 07:45 PM,

Why don't you do that, but for villages in each region, eg. Pocket Guide to Villages of the Naga-Cradle Jungle etc.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
02-07-2010, 06:35 PM,

That would be good. Just a few quick points: Tenmar Wall is the residence of the Trillium Magnata. The only 'official' information about it would be the exterior part and not the cave part. There might be some vague hint about it or something but the cave interior is strictly for ex-slavemasters.

Pholmolo is very much a village belonging to the Ka'Pura tribe, one of the least welcoming of Argonian tribes. There would only be scant information on this one but there will probably be some record of assaults made on the location, albeit unsuccessful.

Glok-Chuba, meanwhile, is a habitat of the Paatru with the 'Frograt Barrow' cave nearby. The Paatru are an isolated people but they have their own proud history of repelling invaders and the entrance to Glok-Chuba might also be secret knowledge.

I guess you could mention that there are Hist Shrines in this region and a number of hazardous landscape features such as exploding seedpods.

Let me know if you're moving on to Blackwood and other regions after this and I'll give you a quick lowdown...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-07-2010, 09:30 PM,

Is there an actual map of the Naga-Cradle Jungle I could use for reference? I looked long and hard and can't find anything...
02-07-2010, 09:33 PM,

Well, the best we can do is cross reference the maps here and do what we can, I think.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
02-07-2010, 09:40 PM,

Hm, then I guess i'll just use the first Grid Map there as my reference.
02-07-2010, 10:10 PM,

Finally got round to posting my Editor's review. Thanks for your patience! Congrats andy, the quality of both was very good, just a few minor typos, grammar and lore points (underlined) I found but otherwise two solid additions to our library.

Guide to Stormhold

By Archin Villington

Hello, I am Archin Villington, an Imperial Nobleman of Argonia. Stormhold is a civilized city in the northern portion of the province of Argonia, or Black Marsh. Much of the population consists of the native civilized Argonians, but some humans, mer, and other beast races also reside there. This is also the location of the Morrowind Embassy, where the more civilized Argonians talk out their problems with the Dunmer ambassador, such as the border disputes between Stormhold and the nearby Morrowind cities of Narsis and Sotha Sil.
The more notable government structures include the Census and Excise building, where visitors from Morrowind and Cyrodiil must register. There is no Fighter's Guild hall in Stormhold due to past corruption in the higher ranks, but a Mages' Guild hall is found in the north end, near the eastern wall. The Governor's Manor is one of the more prominent, recently built structures and lies in the south-central plaza, across from the Morrowind Embassy. The Stormhold Guild of Mercers building is located at the south end of the town’s main road.
The older structures of the town would be the Castle and the Cathedral of the Divines Mara and Akatosh. The castle has not been used as a living quarters since the province was conquered by the Cyrodiilic Empire in the Second Era. The Cathedral is still used for regular services and masses. But even these structures cannot match their ages to the ancient Marsh Elf Ayleid Ruins, on which the city's foundations are built. Many fragments and ancient stone walls can be found throughout the city, the most prominent of these being a large Ayleid statue in the south end of town.
Other local structures include the ‘Hole in the Wall’ bar, which is a favorite of the poorer citizens. The Rottmere Museum of Argonian Folklore on the southern side of town holds an extensive collection of ancient relics of the old Argonia. It is owned by the Rottmere Foundation, which also own a large manor-estate in the south-central area of town. The Stormhold Mission Chapterhouse is located just across the street from the old cathedral. The Hospice of Mara rests just outside the walls, next to the North Gate. Here, the citizens can receive treatments for diseases and sicknesses that the cathedral healers cannot help with.
The town also has a large park that the citizens call the ‘Imp Park’ because of the Imp statues in every corner. Though its history is unknown, it is thought to have been established around the same time as the fall of Independent Argonia. The town’s only place for visitors to stay would be the Inferno Inn on the south side. Just inside the main gate, you will find the towns' small shopping area. I found the Stormhold Tradehouse to be a sanitary establishment with a good, bargaining proprietor.
Stormholds’ architecture is made up mostly of rotting wooden buildings, some built before the rise of the Septim Dynasty. Other buildings, like the castle and cathedral, are made of sturdy, but still moss-covered, stones. One thing that Stormhold lacks compared to some of the other cities of Blackmarsh would be turrets and walkways around the walls. In a serious military siege, would have to pull back into the castle walls and hope for the best. Though Stormhold may not be one of the finest cities I have visited in Blackmarsh, it is typical of Argonian culture. I also salute the Imperial populations’ prime devotion to the Nine. You will find at least one citizen praying at the holy cathedral every time you visit. Now, this would conclude my Guide to Stormhold. If you plan on visiting, may the Nine grant you a safe journey!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-07-2010, 10:16 PM,

Thankyou for your review, Deeza. How did you like the Guide to Gideon?
02-07-2010, 10:47 PM,

Guide to Gideon was, if anything, much better! I love the sarcastic tone of this one!

Guide to Gideon

By Archin Villington

Hello, I am Archin Villington, and I would like to tell you about the grimy smog hole that is Gideon. Gideon is the farthest western city of the Black Marsh, and even though it is more closely influenced than any other by the culture of its close neighbor Cyrodiil, it is much dirtier and uglier than any city in that province. It is also not a favorite of Imperials, as we have not been welcomed there since we first began our peace missions to the city. Shady figures can be seen walking through the streets, many of which will offer to sell you Skooma. Though there are rumors that a branch of the Dark Brotherhood resides in the city, I couldn’t tell because of the fact that every citizen looks like they could be a brutal murderer. The only positive thing I could say about this city would be its semi-advanced defenses. The turreted walls are usually patrolled during the day, but during the night the guards go back into their barracks, leaving the city to the criminals. Several watchtowers can be found spread throughout the city, but they have been of very little use since the original Imperial peace missions to the Scorpion Pass tribal regions near the city.

Gideon is split into two districts: The Northern, or Housing District, and the Southern, or main Retail district. The Northern District contains the Castle, along with most of the city’s residencies. The Castle is relatively well kept compared to the rest of the city, but moss and algae still climb up its once strong walls. The Taviadorus Mansion is on this side of town as well. The Taviadorii are a large extended family of nobles ,who own land throughout the Marshes. Their Manor is one of the only Non-Beast owned estates in Gideon. The Mages Seminary, operated by the Guild of Mages, is on the North Side too, but its teachings are of low quality compared to those of the great Guildhalls of Cyrodiil. There is no Fighters Guild Hall in Gideon, nor is there one in the rest of the Black Marsh.

The Southern District holds the city's Inn and most of the businesses. I stayed in the Marshland Glow Inn, which was actually relatively clean compared to most of the Inns I’ve stayed in. I dropped by the Missionaries' Chapel for a quick prayer, but had to leave due to the odors of moss, fungi, and sewage. Very, very few of the citizens visit the chapel, mostly because many of them worship their false Marsh deities.

To complete my assessmentI dropped into the local pawnshop, ‘M’Tassarr’s Tricksy Trinkets’ only to find that the only goods sold were moldy stone idols and some bent iron swords. I found the ‘Cold Blood; Hot Steel’ Armory to be a decent source for armors and weapons, but only if you desire the cheaper, lower quality ones. One thing I found in this town that was unlike any other I had seen in a city would be the ‘Exotic’ Whorehouse. I dropped in late at night, during one of their ’sessions’. Almost instantly after I arrived, I headed for the door and left. All in all, I would call Gideon ‘The Sewer Rat of Black Marsh’. I would advise you to avoid the City of Gideon at all cost, or else you may regret it. May the Nine lead and guide you to salvation and safety in your travels!

02-09-2010, 12:37 AM,

Ah, thanks again Deeza!

Okay, so the Vilages and Tribes I will be mentioning in my Naga-Cradle Jungle guide will be:
1. Stormhold (Just a breif Reference as it already has a guide)
2. Glok-Chuba (Spelling?)
3. Pholmolo
4.Tenmar Wall
5. Hixinoag
6. Glenbridge/Sloughpoint (Whats the official name? Or atleast the one I should put?)

Look good? Am I missing anything?
02-09-2010, 02:03 AM,

Glenbridge and Sloughpoint are 2 separate places. Glenbridge has been swept away by the river in our mod but would probably still have been there when your book was written, so just make something up.

Glok-Chuba is full of Paatru, who dislike humans and hunt them for food, so it shouldn't be included except as an area to avoid.