Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creatures
01-20-2006, 10:54 AM,
creatures
Just want to know
Can we make some kind of creature that can be seen only in Silgrad?
Like butterflies, lizards..
Make models and animations in max, and use them in that teseditorsomething..
Is that possible?
Time waits for no one
01-20-2006, 11:35 AM,
RE: creatures
It is possible, but we don't know how easy with Oblivion. For MW it was quite difficult to add new animations, even for animals (as far as I know). I'm not sure about having an animal that I exclusive to Silgrad though, because ST is a relatively small area.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-20-2006, 12:07 PM,

Dairon:
Wow, you can model animated creatures? :pop:

I sure wouldn't pass on an opportunity like that! There's just a handful of modellers in the whole community who can do that kind of thing, so it's never been an issue I thought could be looked at. You're right that reptiles and insects are perfect matches for our mod, and any creature on that theme would be mighty sweet. A kwama worker or guar would be absolutely perfect.

A while ago I talked with a guy who had animated the Silt Strider creature in a Morrowind mod about the possibility of using it in Oblivion. He said that the biggest problem for him right now was that he didn't know what animation length Oblivion uses... something to do with 'key', but I forgot the term. He wanted to look into the possibility after the game came out, but felt he couldn't do much before then. I don't animate, so I can't say either way.

noremorse:
True, but if a creature is exclusive to the whole of Morrowind's mainland instead of just the Silgrad region that would give it an enormous habitat, and it would mean about the same thing in practicality for us Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-20-2006, 04:04 PM,

If there is any possibility of creating custom creatures I think our first priority should be guar. Not just because alot of people have an unhealthy obsession over them, but they are the pack animal of choice. Seeing one would instantly say "morrowind". Big Grin
01-20-2006, 04:40 PM,

^^ That's true. If players had to pick one animal, I'm sure most of them would choose guars. I was thinking of the kwama worker from a modder's perspective, so we can get kwama egg mines going. Dunmer love the stuff and egg mining is a major part of their economy and food supply, which we'll hopefully be able to mod. Guars are important too, but placing them is much easier. Then again guars are indeed loved by players (including me) and I can't think of a better mascot for the project Big Grin
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
01-20-2006, 05:15 PM,

So, when I find time, should I start an guar?
If so, can you send me some front and left view images with guar?
Time waits for no one
01-20-2006, 05:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dairon
So, when I find time, should I start an guar?
If so, can you send me some front and left view images with guar?

Yaay! Yes please!! :bananarock:

Apart from the obvious difference of being huge lizards, guars are kindof like cows - stupid, more or less friendly, and cute... in an ugly sort-of way.
Angel mired in filth
01-20-2006, 08:27 PM,

Oh yes, we're getting guars! =)

And I just thought of something: Wouldn't guars look super duper awsome with bump textures?
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
01-21-2006, 05:56 PM,

Yes, bump will be on.
Time waits for no one
01-21-2006, 05:58 PM,

Neat. Good luck!
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."