Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gigantic nix-hound?
02-08-2006, 10:26 PM,

If you've played Daggerfall you'll know what I mean. One of the biggest issues was the fact that over time it became very repetative.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
02-08-2006, 10:42 PM,

well, I want the terrain to look fabulous... not repetitive...
just it will be so extensively confusing to travel.. you'll get lost for days

did I say you? I mean... anybody Big Grin
02-08-2006, 10:44 PM,

I meant if you want players to get lost, that is what you should do.
02-08-2006, 11:38 PM,

I think it should be a quest. Like, it's locked in some huge, dark, temple. Behind a gate, and what it carries is an amulet.. Which is the key to the treasure of the Sierra Madre!
02-09-2006, 12:53 AM,

IF we will adopt the three part Main quest idea...
IF the Temple (and Vivec) have an active part...
IF Vivec will personally participate in the events...

then I think item gathering will occur... and if it does, then I think there should be special quest with "Big-Nix"

for example... Vivec will ready for war... he will assume general for the last time in his life... he will gather his weapons and armor as he heeds the warnings of the Atronach omen...

he will go to the Puzzle Canal and get his Silver Longsword and rally his Dremora friend, Krazzt
he will go to Gnisis and get his ash-mask from the shrine and wear it
he will go to Ghostgate for his spiked shield and use it both to block and to harm others
he will go to an isle east of Tel Mora with the remains of a giant shalk imapled by a ebony spear, he will take it

he will go to his Buoyant Armigers... and he will tell you to go get his nix-hound puppy in Molag Amur... he will say,"once when I was a young Chimer I tamed a nix-hound puppy, I taught it to bear a rider, and I taught it to guard.... he is in the Molag Amur. I practiced my giant form, rode him for th last time, then decided to let him go... if he is still alive then bring him to me"
a pack of nix-hounds will be outside the "place" where he will be... Big-Nix will be inside the cave/valley/maze whatever....

initially the giant gnarly Nix will attack you but then after you take down its HP to 1/2 it will sit down and speak...
it will say that its friend Vivec is no longer his master... he wishes to stay with his nix-children so they will not grow small and stupid... and when they do, they will fall prey to the ashlanders. He says the Velothi are now desperate for food like cliffracers and are starting to act like the House Folk killing and gobbling up nature, paying no heed to the spirits and the ancestors... he says that the last wilds are thinning away and soon the animals will be small and will be Dunmer food.... he will stay with his nix-pack....

then...

"tell Vivec that the old days are over, he is old, and I am too... the wild creatures cannot win against man and mer... and men and mer fight even amongst themselves"

when you return with the message, Vivec will look away sorrowfully... he will say,"indeed the old days are over... my time is shortening... I hope for the best of my friends and my people...."
*if you killed the 'big-nix' (however unlikely), Vivec will attack you after talking to you saying,"what! you killed him! ...you deserve to die!"

later talk to M'Aiq the Liar who will tell you of asecret valley that is untouched and plentiful... tell that to the big-nix and he will thank you... later if you ever find it, it will be a valley with relatively lush ashland wildlife and a pack of Nix and the big-nix... talk to him again and he will follow you around... technically like a pet... but he is more than a pet... he is BIG

by the way.... inspiration for this was gotten from the movie: Princess Mononoke
...good movie! :goodjob:
02-09-2006, 02:33 AM,

That movie kicked ass. But I don't see the connection
02-09-2006, 02:41 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Daishi
That movie kicked ass. But I don't see the connection
read Big-Nix's stuff... then think about Okkoto, god of boars...
then think about Moro the wolf goddess

now Ashitaka's tribe is like the Ashlanders... although they try ti respect the spirits, they aren't able to fully harmonize, they become too "civilized" as thei people are marginalized
Samurai, riflemen, and Iron-townsfolk fight... big war of settled people who feel they are civilized

...I dunno... I just thought about that movie... and then wrote the thin above... so I really didn't think it through...
but just give input please
02-09-2006, 06:36 AM,

Hm....we can make parads.With nix hounds.Slit Striders.And other animals like that. Smile
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
02-09-2006, 10:57 PM,

maybe Vivec City could use a zoo...
and then on a festival animals can be aparded as well as warriors marching and musicians playing music
02-10-2006, 09:00 PM,

Shouldn't in that case Nix Hounds be treated with respect?