Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gigantic nix-hound?
02-10-2006, 09:54 PM,

Truthfully we should

A. Trash this idea, I mean there are too many lore technicallities and it will look just so damn stupid.

B. Make the beast long dead and you find a cave which is really its insides.
02-10-2006, 11:30 PM,

Never liked trashing ideas, so let's make it extinct.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
02-10-2006, 11:34 PM,

Sorry, but the thought of walking onto a giant, moving nix-hound just sounds...

Yeah dead sounds good... Are we going to have something like you have to find its heart or something
02-10-2006, 11:36 PM,

Why would you want it's heart? ?(
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
02-11-2006, 12:37 AM,

I want it alive as a friend...
02-11-2006, 01:08 AM,

Maybe the heart has magical powers, I don't know, why would Vivec make a giant insect dog?
02-11-2006, 01:18 AM,

I think that the hidden Valley of the Giant Nix Hounds would come off as corny. I do think that finding Vivec's one old giant Nix Hound might be worthwhile though, the whole thing with it being too old to go to battle or to ride through cities anymore. I like the idea of Vivec being told that times have changed and him being forced to accept the fact that he can't just ride through the city in pomp and make Vvardenfell right again. Tying this in with the main quest, perhaps that is Vivec's first proposed solution to the growing House tensions. He sends the PC to find his old Nix Hound, but the hound is old and so is he. He then begins having you seek a diplomatic solution, because it is men and mer who must work out the problems facing them when he is gone. Wow, this whole Vivec / Temple / Ordinator angle is coming together in my head so quickly! A society in transition, a passing of the torch from a dying god to his followers, faith, tradition, power... I hope it's good.
02-11-2006, 01:23 AM,

No offense to who made this idea, BUT IT VERY CORNY. You have came up with alot of other good ideas, but people will laugh at this.
02-11-2006, 01:24 AM,

Sorry for the double post. As an afterthought, if Vivec is dead near the beginning of TESIV, we could have the Nereverine or Vivec's high priest initially trying to use the Nix Hound and the name of Vivec to automatically set everything right. It'd be like the Catholic Church in the middle ages trying to solve a dispute between England and France by parading a relic and reminding them of their common faith. It should work, it really should, but the world is messed up and it doesn't; peace is a complicated thing.

If the live giant Nix Hound talking thing gets struck but we wanted to keep the plot device, we could have the PC sent to find him (no mention of him talking) and only locate his body in some cavern.
02-11-2006, 01:28 AM,

thats what I have been subtly trying to get at Wink
but it is hard to put it all together in words...
all the symbols, actions, past, present, future... all of it...