Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heightmapper DISCUSSION
09-02-2006, 12:50 AM,

No you can't. I have no idea what you mean, Im pretty sure the landscape flows right into the next quad. And even if it didn't, you can use the smooth tool.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
09-02-2006, 01:06 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
No you can't. I have no idea what you mean, I'm pretty sure the landscape flows right into the next quad. And even if it didn't, you can use the smooth tool.
You can see where the smoothened/flattened area is where you had to remove the seam. Well... smoothening and flattening just makes a different kind of seam.
09-02-2006, 01:07 AM,

Im not sure what you mean. Even when there is no landscape there, you can use smooth and it perfectly fits together, even ingame.
09-02-2006, 01:09 AM,

Ugh. It makes a seam, just a different kind of seam. For example, you have this area of land that is highly detailed with dramatic erosion, and then you see a straight line of smoothened or flattened land that doesn't fit in with the rest of the land where the modder attempted to merge the heightmaps.
09-02-2006, 01:11 AM,

You don't make a perfectly flat line. Your just nit-picking, one can very easily make a heightmap larger than 4*4 this way.
09-02-2006, 01:12 AM,

You don't make a perfectly flat line. Your just nit-picking, one can very easily make a heightmap larger than 4*4 this way.
I said smoothened OR flattened. Not just flattened. You can still see a line of smoothened land that doesn't fit in with the rest of the land, which is a, well, seam.
09-02-2006, 01:13 AM,

No. You can't.
09-02-2006, 01:15 AM,

No. You can't.
Smoothing dulls details. It'd be noticeable.
09-02-2006, 01:16 AM,

Not with a small brush. Im serious, your realy nit-picking here. Elsweyr HAS a heightmap which looks perfectly fine.

Im going to let you respond, then I ask taht we end this.
09-02-2006, 01:19 AM,

Not with a small brush. I'm serious, your realy nit-picking here. Elsweyr HAS a heightmap which looks perfectly fine.

I'm going to let you respond, then I ask taht we end this.
Even with a small brush, yes, you'd notice. And you used a heightmap generator. And it doesn't make terrains of as high detail as GeoControl. So smoothing seams would be less noticeable on a terrain made in it... though the terrain itself would be of a lesser quality.