Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
location idea - the Hundred Cities
12-25-2006, 08:49 AM,

Is it lore correct now ? Caoitain , apart from the floor i really like it .
12-26-2006, 04:38 AM,

Heh, I wasn't sure what to put on the floor. For some reason I was thinking of a Thief map with a lot of tiles, and I guess that influenced me.
12-26-2006, 04:40 AM,

I think small steps up to the centre of the room might look good. :yes:
01-04-2007, 02:26 PM,

cover your eyes , because i made an attempt at concept art of the exterior ! [Image: thingiewd3.jpg]
01-04-2007, 03:31 PM,

:eek: I covered my eyes, but it makes no difference - have I gone blind? Confusedcared:

Captain, your pic has an interesting feel...

re the 'rewrite' kingevil - you really need to work on it.

Have you actually found the 16 States thread yet?

Here is the map of the 16 states' locations
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
01-14-2007, 05:22 PM,

My reply won't help the actual developing of this ruin, but I have a name for it!
The name is Pl'esht. Big Grin
01-15-2007, 05:16 PM,

I just had a better idea for the star-chart map.

Make it an octagon. Each corner represents the 8 divines. Basically, make it a replica of the wheel that makes up TES Astronomy. Put in tomes of lore about divinity and godhood. Perhaps they made the same mistake, or a similar one, of the Dwemer, and that's why they're all gone?

Edit: Link to the diagram I was thinking of: http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/1356/mundex019fz.jpg
01-16-2007, 11:18 AM,

Not sure where this came from Cap, but it is certainly interesting.

If you look at our threads on Khajiiti religion you might notice that they have a very different take on their 'gods' than the Imperials. For one thing, they do not have 'the 9' as such, though they do appear to share a few of them.

The 16 states is currently linked to the birthsigns lore, with the ill omened Serpent being the 'odd sign/state out' as the secret worm within the apple, destroying the others from within ... and that has been suggested for the 100 cities.

There might be any number of different races involved in the hundred cities I suppose, but though your star-chart map does suggest Imperial than Khajiiti, maybe if it were skewed further it might be part of the Serpent State's twisted knowledge?

Please note that the Serpent State is not intended a 'revealed' or open secret as yet. That would come about with the player's questing.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

05-29-2007, 11:29 PM,

Here is the quote for the 17th (secret) city within the cities:

Exerpt from TES3 book - The Firmament

Quote:The Serpent

Serpent wanders about in the sky and has no Season, though its motions are predictable to a degree. No characteristics are common to all who are born under the sign of the Serpent. Those born under this sign are the most blessed and the most cursed.

So working from that what we have is an ancient faction (maybe the remains of another race or a previous civilisation) that is embedded in the 16 states, and works (secretly) from within to destroy them - maybe destroying itself in the process!

These beings/people were/are blessed = great skills/magic/attributes, but also cursed - singly or multiple Khajiit curses or from another source?

Are they evil, or victims of evil? They obviously have a down on the 16 states, but do they hate the modern Khajiit? Maybe the 16 cities were evil and the 17th were their victims, so the serpents were good?

You might consider the Kat that Walks story in the Trailer as a possible source for emnity ... maybe there was a people living in the land that became desert when Nirni persuaded Khenarthi to send her winds.

These indigenous people were not too happy with the trouble that the walking people brought ... and blame them.

Maybe it is that the 17th city was founded by some of the 'monsters' that Nirni sent to bedevil the wanderers ...

Maybe the 17th has a city within itself ... redeemeing good within evil.
Steven Erikson.