Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rethinking alliances for the Great House War
03-30-2006, 01:30 AM,

Molgah Confederacy?
I mean Molgah "means" War
... I get it half from guessing and half from Majra's Dunmer Translator.... a logical but not official tool

I mean these warrior factions only band together cause they need to...
a lot of a good warriors together makes a lot more good warriors Big Grin
03-30-2006, 01:35 AM,

I'd like to avoid using the word "confederacy" if we can. It's a civil war and we already have the racial issues with the Betmer and post-slavery going on, especially as the traditionalists would be the ones to support the reinstitution of slavery, though the other side has people who are just as racist it seems (Dren platation types). Anyway, maybe the Molgah League or some other cool alliance title would be better.
03-30-2006, 01:59 AM,

the Iroquois united as the five tribes under one longhouse... they used to fight one another a lot until Hiawatha and his companion united them and then they went on to become the dominant group in the region... Cherokees to the south were even beaten by them, so were Creeks and Chicksaws and Pawnees and Shawnees... somehow they never fully beat the Algonquin and Huron

so maybe five tribes under one house sorta thing?
maybe a name that would be reminding of that? warring factions now united?

[/hr]

This is what I can see?

Helseth / Imperial Forces
It seems they are not very large but are very powerful. I wouldn?t be surprised if the Imperial Guard was under his overall command. He personally does not have a nations wealth but can collect taxes.
Great House Hlaalu
The Great House Hlaalu was one of the smaller Great Houses along with Telvanni. However, they are now greater than Indoril. They have purged themselves of most political corruption though it inevitably exists especially as they are a mercantile people. Their economic strength is not agriculture but trade. However, as the Dres increase in trade to offset the slave-produced agriculture that is no longer as strong with the emancipation of slaves, the Hlaalu are investing in more agriculture in their lands as well as the Ascadian Isles. They have elite cadres of Hlaalu warriors with the bulk made of mercenaries.
Great House Dres
The Great House Dres, now using their fleets for trade rather than slaves is focusing more on trade that slave-farms as the abolishment of slavery has slightly reduced their agricultural output. They have a strong military made of a caste of warriors. They have mercenaries for specialized roles. They do not have a large army, but have a strong one made of full-time professional hirelings and warriors of the warrior caste. As a reward for their support, they have been given a small portion of Vvardenfell on the eastern Ascadian Isles, a less well defended Hlaalu area and good for trade and agriculture. The Dres, many of them faithful still to the Temple, Ancestor worship, and Daedra worship now settle Ald Sotha and Bal Fell. Recent escavations in Ald Sotha have revealed the ruined House Sotha hold leading many more Dres to travel to Vvardenfell.
Nords
The Nords are attacking Morrowind, in particular, the Redoran. However, a part of that invasion has gone to the Sheogorad Isles. Here they have established ties with the native Nords and now are ready to invade Telvanni and Redoran holds on Vvardenfell. The Nords survive through pillaging and supplies from Skyrim. The Hlaalu and Dres, as well as Imperials seem to leave them alone, and it is rumored that Helseth had arranged the Nordic Invasion with a secret agreement. The Nords seek to control the Sheogorad of Vvardenfell as a foothold on Morrowind.

Great House Redoran
With Ald-ruhn having been assaulted by Daedra and their mainland holds attacked by Nords the Redoran are in a dangerous situation. Thei greatest ally, the Indoril, are in a hopeless situation on the mainland. The Dres are now on Helseth?s side. The Redoran must use all available materials and resources to come back to being a first-rate Great House. The problem is that they have been in decline for a long time. The Redoran have great leaders and great warriors. They only lack the economy. They have recently acquire Caldera, it is their only hope for a good economy.
Great House Indoril
The mainland Indoril are in a bad way, and so thousands of refugees have immigrated to Vvardenfell, settling the southern Molag Amur and on the southern eves of the Sadrith Forest. They are hardy warriors and are wealthy despite their defeat. They only lack leadership and the refugees? sole leader, an Indoril general, now works for the Redoran hoping to strengthen their ?little brother? and salvage a future for the Indoril. Having taken Telasero, a weak outpost of the 6th House, and occupied the land around Molag Mar, the Indoril on Vvardenfell are growing stronger as more refugees migrate there from the dying mainland territories.
Great House Telvanni
The Telvanni are a survivalof the fittest society. They are also isolationists but at the same time aggressive. The Telvanni have strong but small armies. The hirelings and warriors are very well trained and the Telvanni warriors are well-versed in war and magic. However the Telvanni cannot rely on martial prowess, they need to use their magicians and unconventional tactics to good effect. Their economy, formerly magical services, slave-trade, and the traffickin of exotic Telvanni items is stronger than before, but now cannot fall back on the slave trade.
Ashlanders
Divided, the Ashlanders pose a small threat. They range from large powerful tribes to small clans. However, recent events have led the Ashlanders to form clan unions. The Grazeland tribes as well as the Aharasaplit and the Ahemmusa are now allaied to the Telvanni with the Molag Amur tribes led by the Erabenimsun beginning friendly relations with them as well. The Erabenimsun have also begun trading with the Indoril in the Molag Mar area. Samsi tribes in the West Gash are now on friendly terms with the Redoran and it is hoped that the northern Ashland tribes will as well. United, especially with the economical power of the Zainab, the martial prowess of the Erabenimsun, and the wise leadership and knowledge of the Urshilaku, the ashlanders stand a chance, but not without allies.
Betmeri
The Betmeri consist of loosely connected groups of beast-folk outlaws, freed slaves, and others. As they are trapped on Vvardenfell with few ways of leaving or becoming successful, many resort to war. They form guerilla cadres and waylay travelers. However with the abolishment of slavery, and the Telvanni?s need for protection, the Betmeri have also become a good source of hirelings. The Betmeri survive on the land and contributions from sympathetic patrons in Argonia, Elsewyr, and Orsinium. Though not particularly friendly with Redoran, Indoril, ashlanders, nor Telvanni the Orcs hate the Nords because of their wars and the Khajits and Argonians maintain a hatred against the Dres.
03-30-2006, 05:54 PM,

howdy. just stumbled across this site and it looks like you guys have got some great plans. I love this House War idea. I started making a House War mod for Morrowind but stopped after I realized I wasn't too great at it :p
Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
I'd like to avoid using the word "confederacy" if we can. It's a civil war and we already have the racial issues with the Betmer and post-slavery going on, especially as the traditionalists would be the ones to support the reinstitution of slavery, though the other side has people who are just as racist it seems (Dren platation types). Anyway, maybe the Molgah League or some other cool alliance title would be better.
It's not like a confederacy by definition has anything to do with racism, it's just because of the association with the Civil War. I think a confederacy is a great way to describe the relationship between these parties. I'd like an "order" of some sort. Orders sound fancy and very traditional. The Dunmer Order or something.
03-30-2006, 06:51 PM,

I realize that the word itself is strictly a political term. However, as you say, it has become linked by connotation with the Confederate States of America during the U.S. Civil War. Due to some slight similarities between our situation in the mod and their historic one, I think that we should just choose another name. That way nobody can say that it's a critique or a cop-out, even if it isn't.
03-30-2006, 08:03 PM,

United Soviets of Redoran Telvanni Betmeri Ashlanders and Indoril
USRTBAI (pronouced Ur-st-buy)

nah... I'm not sure... Order sounds exclusive and Confederation makes it sound too American Civil War -ish...

OCUMS
One Clan Under Moon & Star

I have no ideas right now Sad
03-30-2006, 10:07 PM,

I liked Molgah ____ (League, Alliance, etc.) Just not the Conferacy part.
03-30-2006, 10:09 PM,

what about the Betmer and Ashlanders, they aren't good speakers of Dunmeric... infact the Ashlanders speak an older form of Dunmeric... and th Orcs speak their own language as do Argonians and Khajits and goblins and others
03-30-2006, 10:11 PM,

Molgah Alliance has my vote
03-30-2006, 11:31 PM,

Alliance=parties working toghether, aiding eachother economically,millitarily
League=a team of some sort
Confederacy=a loose affiliation of states

I think Molagh league or confederacy would be fine, alliance is to overused.