Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for texturers
10-02-2007, 04:03 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by n00biepl0x
I'll send everything in a minute

Here's my dibella tapestry.

I sent you the items in dds format and psd format.

Great, I'll check my email!

I can't wait to replace the old Dibella texture. The old one is kinda nice in it's own right but not as a Dibella tapestry.

black[/HR]

black[/HR]

Open texture request:
Mip-map modification of RedoranWallZarf01.dds.

I'm currently remaking Soluthis' city walls, replacing the weird walls I made with modified and resized versions of Caligula Superfly's citywalls.

I'm using RedoranWallZarf01.dds as the main wall texture. I like the texture itself, but it really needs some mipmap work done to it because if you tile it several times and then look at it from a distance you can see repeating patterns in it. Perhaps all that's needed is to make the mipmaps fuzzier. I don't have the competence to work on mipmaps myself though, so I'd like to request someone more skilled in texturing help me with that.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-02-2007, 04:34 PM,

If you upload the file, I'll modify the old wall texture after i've done the tapestries ok?
oh and what's "mip-map work"?

This is the link to the download of the files:
http://rapidshare.com/files/59783813/sil...n_trim.zip

remember, it's about 15000 kb big so it might take some time for some people.
[Image: 2copy.jpg]
"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"
10-02-2007, 04:47 PM,

If you upload the file, I'll modify the old wall texture after i've done the tapestries ok?
oh and what's "mip-map work"?

I meant to direct the request generally to anyone reading the thread, which isn't to say you wouldn't be welcome to pick it up if you want.

Mip-maps are resized versions of a texture that are baked into a DDS file. As you move away from a texture it starts displaying the mip-maps instead of the full texture. Photoshop can create mip-maps automatically but sometimes it looks bad when the texture is tiled numerous times, which is the case with the Redoran wall texture I'm using. In those cases one needs to modify the mip-maps to look smoother and thus removing the 'repeating pattern' effect.

That's the extent of my knowledge though. I don't know how to modify the mip-maps or even view them in Photoshop.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
10-02-2007, 04:50 PM,

then can you please paste a link to download the file? I know that it wasn't only for me but I like a challenge Smile. And I want to learn how to do these kind of things.
10-02-2007, 04:55 PM,

then can you please paste a link to download the file? I know that it wasn't only for me but I like a challenge Smile. And I want to learn how to do these kind of things.

Sure, no problem. It can be downloaded -here-. I didn't link to it in the description because it's in Silgrad Tower v2.5 and I assumed everyone here had that. Smile
Angel mired in filth
10-02-2007, 04:58 PM,

This also is a link to the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ujylmnztkl
here's no line i thought.

it may be a faster download. I don't have silgrad tower because I'm a little low on disk space and silgrad tower isn't know to be a small mod. =)

I e-mailed you what I did to the wall, it's just a slight change but it's a bit better now I think.

Edit: where is the picture of the tapestries of the divines? I need a reference...
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM,

TIL has em all i think (scroll down to MW section)
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
10-02-2007, 08:20 PM,

Thanks, that link worked a lot better.

Perhaps you could burn the mod on a CD-RW disc?

where is the picture of the tapestries of the divines? I need a reference...

In the archived posts thread I just made while cleaning up the initial post. I removed the request for Imperial tapestries since you're working on them. Here's a direct link to the image.
Angel mired in filth
10-02-2007, 10:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
That's the extent of my knowledge though. I don't know how to modify the mip-maps or even view them in Photoshop.
You should get a dialog box when you open a dds file in photoshop. there's a tick box to show mipmaps.
AM NOT A TEXTURER
10-03-2007, 03:45 PM,

Here's my julianos tapestry, It didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it but please tell me if it is good enough for ST ok?

And yes I think I could burn the mod on a disc, but I would still have to place it in my oblivion data folder right?