Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[3DS] Collision: the easy way out using gundalf's exporter
09-16-2006, 08:11 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Akatosh
It doesn't work! 3ds Max 8 has error when I want to export as nif file.

Quote:Originally posted by Akatosh
Nobody helps me?

Oh! Orry for my English, but i'm from Poland.

I understand the language difficulties, but we can't help you unless you describe the problem you encounter.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-19-2006, 08:47 AM,

I want to export file as a NIF file. I click save and:
Quote:An error has occurred and the application will now close. No scene changes heve occurred since your last save
10-02-2006, 07:18 PM,

nobody?
10-02-2006, 10:22 PM,

OK, it's the shack guy here. If you like, please post the Max file as a 7Z here; if that's too public, upload it to FileFront and PM me with its location. I will try to export the file using the latest NifTools exporter version and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
Steve
10-05-2006, 02:16 PM,

But, I don't want export as NIF one file. I want to do this more times and on my couter. What i must do?
10-05-2006, 02:57 PM,

But a problem like this cannot be diagnosed from far away. If I can try it and get the problem here, then I can tell you what happened so it can maybe be fixed there.

Thanks,
Steve
10-11-2006, 03:19 AM,

I have a problem with trying to export a weapon model for Oblivion with gundalf's exporter and 3DSMAX 8.

I built my weapon and a collision mesh and I can place the weapon in the world with TESCS, pick it up and wield it normally. However, when I place it down it does not have any physics at all...it just hangs in place. Iti is definately collidable because I can't walk through it, but I just CAN'T get it to use Havok at all.

Am I missing something here? Do I still need to do some hacking with Nifskope to get Havok working with a custom object? Is there a simple parameter I am missing in gundalf's Nifprops utility in MAX? I have it set to Metal, and Weapon in materials and layers, and have the mass, etc set up. Does it have to use a specifc motion system and quality type?

Please help me out here. Smile
10-11-2006, 03:23 AM,

currently there is no way to make physics for new weapons your just stuck importing you mesh over a base oblivion mesh
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
10-11-2006, 03:24 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Leiawen
I have a problem with trying to export a weapon model for Oblivion with gundalf's exporter and 3DSMAX 8.

I built my weapon and a collision mesh and I can place the weapon in the world with TESCS, pick it up and wield it normally. However, when I place it down it does not have any physics at all...it just hangs in place. Iti is definately collidable because I can't walk through it, but I just CAN'T get it to use Havok at all.

Am I missing something here? Do I still need to do some hacking with Nifskope to get Havok working with a custom object? Is there a simple parameter I am missing in gundalf's Nifprops utility in MAX? I have it set to Metal, and Weapon in materials and layers, and have the mass, etc set up. Does it have to use a specifc motion system and quality type?

Please help me out here. Smile

Welcome to Silgrad Tower, Leiawen. Smile

:wave:

Have a fishy stick. Big Grin

Have a look at this tutorial, it is very good for figuring out collision 'n stuff, and it mentions this tutorial:

Finessing Physics
10-13-2006, 01:58 AM,

Ahhh, I thought this might be the case. I guess I'll just have to read the tuts again and start copying bits from the Bethesda NIFs.

Thanks for the replies, and the welcome. Oh, and thanks for the fishy stick. Smile