Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[3DS] Collision: the easy way out using gundalf's exporter
11-28-2006, 02:17 PM,
Arrow penetration solution using bhkListShape
I did (finally) post a reply in General ES Modding, but since this monster thread is where people go first for NifSkope advice, I'll refer to it here.
Two additions to that post:
- I've never gotten bhkListShape to successfully carry more than one of my created meshes. The second one gets reduced by more than 90% on each axis and the third one gets the same reduction, but from the size if the second one.
- The main TES Havok thread is Havok Hacking.

Hope this helps,
Steve
12-12-2006, 11:39 AM,

Do I really have to mess up with those nifskope properties? Is it possible to blend couple of boxes into one object and then export it as single collision mesh?
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
12-12-2006, 02:38 PM,

You can certainly combine and export as one CM, but there's oddness that means that if you do not do the bhkListShape hack, arrows will not embed in your model even if your Havok settings are wood. Good examples of this are the "claim logs" you could find around Soluthis. All of this is unnecessary if your model is pure stone.

Later,
Steve
01-29-2007, 12:45 PM,

I'm using 3DS Max 9, and when i make the whole collision mesh, it shows up in nifskope fine, but then when i want to put it into the cs, up pops

"C:\Projects\tes4\BSHavok\bhkNiTriStripsShape.cpp:275: Warning : File Meshes\Chasm Ceiling.nif contains an old bhkMeshShape! Please re-export"

Then it kindly asks if i want to continue playing, and shuts down both ways. Just for reference, what i was trying to do was hack apart cave models so i could create a double layered chasm. I didn't touch the uv maps or anything like that. Also, in Nifskope, all that shows up is the bhkcollisionObject and two NiTriStrips- nowhere do i see the BSXFlags or the NiStringExtraData that usually shows up in Nifskope or working meshes.

So any ideas?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
01-29-2007, 02:29 PM,

Try to manually add those in NIFSkope, or copy overtop of another seperate cave piece and save it as a different model?
01-29-2007, 08:46 PM,

Manually adding a BSX flags block doesn't help, and i'm not sure if it needs to be configured or not. NiStringExtraData - i have no idea what that does or how to figure it out. Any other suggestions? Any idea what it means by an old bhk mesh?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-01-2007, 05:51 AM,

I'm having a similar problem... I am using 3DS 8, and my CS just crashes. No error warnings or anything. NifSkope can open it just fine, though. When I use a model with no collision mesh, it works just fine.

This is the one major hangup on the Imperial Fort walls.
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
02-01-2007, 07:33 AM,

Maybe lower (earlier) version of nif plugins for 3dsmax will do? I had a problem with newest version (I don't remember which one) that was crashing my CS and I installed other, earlier version - no problems.
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
02-02-2007, 02:54 AM,

Interesting. I'll try that right away and see if it fixes things... that's the breakthrough I need. Smile

EDIT: It worked! Thanks! I walked all over my wall and scraped an alchemic device (Can't remember which kind) over it. Great fun. Big Grin

Now we just need the 3DS Max 9 solution... or a new version. Big Grin
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
03-16-2007, 10:04 PM,
3DS Collision problems...
erm. Ok. I've been modding for quite some time, and (thankfully, perhaps) have never really had to deal with collision meshes til now. Now I have the exporter, I have 3DS Max 9, NifSkope, all the good stuff. I've tried following your directions to create a collision model, but when I load it in NifSkope, only bhkCollisionObject is present. Nothing (and especially no mesh) is present otherwise. When I don't have them set as collision models, everything seems to export to NifSkope fine (obviously, in game, you can walk right through the castle). Any help is greatly appreciated.
---Beware the wraith of mages, for they are powerful and quick to ire...

Beware the wraith of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.