Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
91's textures!
03-11-2006, 02:07 AM,

I don't think the entryway would need to be modified at all if the edges of the rest of the structure were rounded a bit.
03-11-2006, 02:39 AM,

Everything can be improved, it's just a matter of time and effort.

In this case the meshes were meant to show how 91's exquisite textures look on buildings. The entrance is a separate object alltogether and it, or another entrance model, can be placed according to the modder's desire.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-11-2006, 10:14 PM,

Razorwing tell me what to do next! I've been lazy ^^
You want the bump's then? What else?
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me
03-12-2006, 04:08 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by 91.css
Razorwing tell me what to do next! I've been lazy ^^
You want the bump's then? What else?

Okidoki, to keep you busy until Caligula and Spankybus get back to you on what kind of textures they would like you to make Big Grin here are some things that came to mind:

- First, are the jpeg wall textures you linked above degraded in any way? If so, would it be possible for you to zip bitmap versions instead?

- Would you be able to make a Velothi texture (that blends with the dark parts of your top- and bottom wall textures) which could be used for roofs and floors?

- High-quality replacements for the 6 Velothi border textures would also be great. I attached an archive with Bethesda's original textures for reference. Could you make them twice as large as the original ones?
- Asylum's Fire Flower uses Bethesda textures in some places and could really do with a makeover. If you could make new textures for it, I promise to take a look at his mesh and try to refine it.

- The Stoneflower's textures are rather cartoonish and should be replaced. The current textures can be downloaded -here-.
- The corkbulb could really use a new texture for the bulb. The current textures can be downloaded -here-
(In case you need them, reference shots of the original Stoneflower and Corkbulb can be found the Plant Workshop thread btw)

- Replacement textures for Telvanni 'architecture'. Right now we only have one variety but I'm sure more podhouse models will come in the future. I attached an archive with references of the textures that are used most commonly and a few screenies of them as seen in the game.
? The podhouses often use roof textures that are the same as the Emperor Parasol, for which we already have textures courtesy of Lady Nerevar, so that's covered. Sometimes they use Tx_telv_roof01.tga.
? Tx_telv_podwalls.tga seem to be the most common when it comes to the 'stems' of the podhouses.
? Something one sees often in Telvanni architecture is bark textures. The base one, Tx_bark_01.tga, is used often throughout the game in various ways, but Telvanni architecture uses both it as well as variants on it which have these weird yellowy spots. It might be sap, I'm not sure.
With a texture collection like that I imagine most bases are covered as far as House Telvanni goes, but it's possible I missed something.

...rather a lot of things, now that I think about it Big Grin
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-12-2006, 04:15 AM,

Textures in either tiff or png format would be hot, they preserve transparency and detail better for textures tehn jpegs. :banana:
I'm like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, except I was screwed with having 6 tails and flat feet...

www.spankybus.com - Homepage (professional - Under Construction)

www.spankybus.net - 3D version (under construction)
03-12-2006, 04:16 AM,

91.css! wow, those are awesome!
yeah yeah yeaaahhh! :dance:
Velothi textures! yay yaya!

can't wait to see your next work!
03-12-2006, 04:19 AM,

Spankybus: I don't think Oblivion can use tiff and png textures? It shouldn't use bmp either but probably can, but personally I like bmp because it's lossless and very easy to export to .tga or .dds in the final stage.
Angel mired in filth
03-12-2006, 05:43 AM,

If it can sort out tga, then use that, better to work in the final form then to finish a texture only to convert it and have aspects change.
I'm like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, except I was screwed with having 6 tails and flat feet...

www.spankybus.com - Homepage (professional - Under Construction)

www.spankybus.net - 3D version (under construction)
03-13-2006, 12:41 AM,

The textures in bitmaps zip'ed..
I can't, it says maximum 500 kb, but mine are 2.5mb each.

The roof + floor thing... Think about it again: If I make such textures, we would need 9 variations. Or 3 variations if you can rotate/flip them.
Or 1 which will not be placed next to another, it will be 1 texture for 1 floor, but I don't think that's the case.

What dimensions should I use for the Velothi borders? They are 256 x 32/64 now.

I've included the fireflower textures... They look sucky there, but I think they'll look fine once you apply them on the flower.
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me
03-13-2006, 11:33 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by 91.css
The textures in bitmaps zip'ed..
I can't, it says maximum 500 kb, but mine are 2.5mb each.

The roof + floor thing... Think about it again: If I make such textures, we would need 9 variations. Or 3 variations if you can rotate/flip them.
Or 1 which will not be placed next to another, it will be 1 texture for 1 floor, but I don't think that's the case.

What dimensions should I use for the Velothi borders? They are 256 x 32/64 now.

I've included the fireflower textures... They look sucky there, but I think they'll look fine once you apply them on the flower.

The fireflower textures turned out pretty nice, thankyou Smile A bit small, mostly noticeable on the petals, but I think they work. I modified the mesh so extensively there's no trace of Asylum's contribution, particularly since he just reskinned Bethesda's stoneflower mesh (which I didn't realize until after I had gotten permission and added it back then, so it kind of just stuck around after I found out).

I just thought I'd mention that for me, a perfect leaf texture would have clearly distinguished start and end as well as edges, with everything outside it pitch black. That way I can make an opacity map that makes the black part invisible, and make it doublesided (i.e. mirror the texture on the other side of the mesh). Now, your fireflower leaf texture does work, so you by no means have to remake it, but it does look better with a clear edges + opacity + doublesided setup so if there's any chance you could do it that way next time I would be much obligued =) (I hope I didn't offend you)

Strange about the bitmaps. I thought they usually compressed to 1%-2% of their defalted size? But if it happens again perhaps you be so kind as to email them to razorwing@silgrad.com instead. It's a yahoo account behind it so it can handle attachments of almost any size.

I don't understand how we would need more than one texture for both the rood and floor. Your lower-wall texture is dark at the bottom, so if the floor texture was seamless vertically with the lower-wall, and seamless horisontally with itself - which would make it look dark all over, I imagine - then if I understand it correctly it should tile perfectly. Then I can just reverse the mapping so it functions as a roof texture too.

I would estimate that 512x128 would be perfect for fat borders and 256x64 for thin borders. Smile
Angel mired in filth