Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
91's textures!
03-15-2006, 10:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
looks uber sexeh! shouldnt there be a different texture for the domes? they were glass or soemthing in the original game....

Yup. I hope 91.css finds time to do those textures as well =)

And I agree, his textures are fantastic, making me hope for the above even more. Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-16-2006, 01:38 AM,

:pop: Wait. You want to do something else to the walls beyond this? Why? Seriously, these look incredible! (It's just those doors that still bug me, but oh well they're not what's being tweaked right now.)

A future thought, it might be cool if there were a few different variations as far as coloring went for the different towns. Like some from one period or one geological area were lighter colored than others or had a different hued stripe at the bottom instead of the aqua? So Vivec turns out look one way, stuff in Vos looks another, stuff in Cormaris View looks yet another? And all of it is still similar enough that it's not really all that much work to accomplish.
03-17-2006, 10:00 AM,

Vrenir: Because the fantastic textures belie the basicness of the meshes and it would be nice to have some visual complexity in the meshes as well.

black[/HR]

I lost my internet connection last night and didn't get it back until an hour ago. I rather like when that happens because it forces me to fiddle with the stuff I already have instead of spending time surfing and posting. Among other things I got to work on my Velothi building, which is loosely based on a design by Hoss, but will probably change even more.

It's a work-in-progress and I need to look at a couple of things like mapping and such so the border textures don't look fuzzy. The blackish plaque texture and glass texure isn't finalized. And naturally I would be using dome textures from 91.css Smile

I'm rather happy with the way the window meshes turned out, seen in screenshot #3. They'll be individual objects so they can be placed as one wants (plus it's a lot easier to line them up in the CS than in Max).

I have a penchant for details, and as can be seen more clearly in screenshot #4, there are two vertical gutter systems connected with a horisontal gutter on the second floor. That horisontal gutter is actually sunk into the mesh. And just because I could, I added a couple of leaves at the bottom Wink

There'll be a whole host of 'railing' model variations, each with a slightly different full moon. It's relatively easy and good for variety. They'll alse be placed individually in the CS, and are just lined up on the max model so a viewer can get a sense of how they would look when arranged around the floors.

[GALLY]razorwing_velothi_superbuilding_scr1.jpg[/GALLY] [GALLY]razorwing_velothi_superbuilding_scr2.jpg[/GALLY] [GALLY]razorwing_velothi_superbuilding_scr3.jpg[/GALLY] [GALLY]razorwing_velothi_superbuilding_scr4.jpg[/GALLY] [GALLY]razorwing_velothi_superbuilding_scr5.jpg[/GALLY]
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-17-2006, 11:56 AM,

Is it possible to make real glass? Like... See through?
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me
03-17-2006, 12:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by 91.css
Is it possible to make real glass? Like... See through?

It is on interior models, I think. I remember the screenie from inside the cathedral where you could see the blue sky and sunlight outside. But it won't be on exterior models. Then again I could use the same texture for both purposes and control their opacity for both indoor and outdoor use. Smile
Angel mired in filth
03-17-2006, 04:06 PM,

Windows are an interesting idea. Obviously TESIII didn't do much with them and frankly left them out of most building designs. Is it decided that we will be adding widows to Velothi, Redoran, Hlallu, etc, or is this to see how it would look? I personally kind of like the idea of windows being a non-Dunmer thing, sort of a universal distinctive that runs through their architecture.
03-17-2006, 08:41 PM,

your first three look like lionskin in close-up to me, and if they are the same thing that razor has used on that building and they work with the new CS then ST enters into a new golden age in architecture.

I have the feeling that this texture somehow absorbs and radiates warmth. Wonderful for friendly places, and if that concept artwork is anything to go by your 'lionskin' stone could grace the Tower itself!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman