Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
91's textures!
03-13-2006, 03:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by 91.css
Yes I sent you some more, I hope they got to you. When trying to send them all together I received a message saying e-mail is undeliverable so I had to send them 1 by 1. I think you will have received them now. If not, let me know and I'll send them again.

I checked, and they did. Thanks! Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-13-2006, 07:16 PM,

Very very nice mate!Are those natural textures?Or photoshoped textures?I like them and I think they are exactily OB quality.Welcome to Silgrad by the way!
:wave:
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
03-13-2006, 08:27 PM,

It's a mixture of nature and photoshop horodnicdragos Wink
Thanks
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me
03-14-2006, 11:16 PM,

W.i.p. of what I've been doing today. Smile

Based on the meshes Veet's collection... which admittedly had so many problems I probably should have started from scratch instead. He had cut up the models into several meshes, which is a really efficient way of mapping models. But it's a good thing to do it without leaving holes that lets the player peek into the invisible inside. I spent forever welding vertices and re-detaching the models. I think I'll pour my heart into making my own Velothi building alongside these, just because. :elk:

I'm thinking of ways to enhance the meshes without detracting from the impression that it's Velothi, but my imagination just isn't there at the moment. Any ideas, or perhaps even sketches?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-15-2006, 02:37 AM,

The trouble with velothi is that since they are so conceptually simple in design, just following them according to concept sketches is mostlikley going to produce rather simple meshes, like those.

If I remember right when we were discussing velothi tomb interiors, we both suggested warping and bending the surfaces of things a bit to show the imperfections of ancient plastering techniques (regardless of how imperfect they may actually have been). I think a combination of this and a rounding of edges could produce a detailed model while still staying true to the simple design of Velothi, especially with deep and rugged bump and/or parallax maps.
03-15-2006, 02:41 AM,

don't hesitate from making Velothi fortress architecture like those in Vivec!
or the highly refined ones that were in Old Mournhold part of the old Indoril-Velothi city!
Big Grin
03-15-2006, 05:47 AM,

Caligula Superfly: That's a really good idea, I'll definitely use it! A bit of unevenness in the surfaces would keep the design but not the simplistic impression of straight lines and sharp corners. And I'll definitely chamfer the corners everywhere too :goodjob:

KuKulzA: I was more thinking about suggestions on how to enhance these models rather than suggestions on wholly new models. Having said that, I might check out those designs for inspiration, thanks! Smile

91.css: The floor/roof texture worked perfectly. =)
Angel mired in filth
03-15-2006, 05:49 AM,

Hmm....Maybe you could use some bumpy textures.For the green thing.
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
03-15-2006, 09:57 PM,

On second though I'll keep the bumpy ideas in stock until I can port the models to the mod. I have some ideas I'd like to try, like making bump arrangements that can be placed individually so the walls look different, but that's something I'd need the game for.

Here's a superhuge render, so all models can be seen clearly:

[Image: velothi_collection_2006-03-15_medium.jpg]
Size: 1.37mb

Here is an archive with the max v8.0 scenes and textures in case someone wants them:
-=DOWNLOAD=- Size: 9.44mb

(oh, and these are not exclusive to Silgrad Tower btw...
anyone who wants to use them for a non-commericial Elder
Scrolls project can, as long as they credit: 91.css, Veet, Razor-
wing, and Morrowind Visual Pack)
Angel mired in filth
03-15-2006, 10:31 PM,

looks uber sexeh! shouldnt there be a different texture for the domes? they were glass or soemthing in the original game....
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era