Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ald Ruhn overun by Daedra?
03-23-2006, 03:43 AM,
Ald Ruhn overun by Daedra?
Thats at least what I heard while playing Oblivion. I was hanging out in the Mages Guild in Cherydanhal I think it was, and I overheard to NPCs talking, an Altmer and Argonian. One asked the other soemthing about prophecies, and then the Altmer said something about things looking bad, then mentioning hearing that Ald Ruhn was overrun by Daedra.
03-23-2006, 06:10 AM,

Hmm...good idea!As far as I know in oblivion anything is creeping of daedras.
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
03-23-2006, 03:31 PM,

Sweet! Now we get to see a destroyed Redoran capitol! Nice to see those people get what they deserve.That should make playing a redoran interesting, as you may have to help rebuild ald-ruhn.
A Land Far away-Hardcore role playing Neverwinter Persistant world
Current PC- Nekrovor Ril'or-drow wizard
03-23-2006, 03:46 PM,

I would like to point out that we can still reserve the right to do whatever we want regarding the rumors of NPCs. Perhaps Ald'ruhn was decimated by Daedra. Then again perhaps only one appeared, chased someone, and the story grew in the telling. Perhaps the whole thing was invented. Since all of this is from NPCs with no player confirmation of events or official documentation in-game saying reporting such incidents, I think that we can use them or discard them at our leisure.
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM,

but I am not against Daedra attacking Aldruhn... up to batman, but I am sure it could generate lots of quest ideas
03-24-2006, 12:03 AM,

It is up to Batman, but I do have two thoughts that make me hesitant to go this route.

1) We have a great selection of Redoran buildings by Caligula, but do we really want to make it necessary to have a whole set of damaged ones made as well? It seems to me that our architectural resources could be better alocated. (Doing Dwemer stuff, Vivec's unique features, Telvani stuff, perhaps Morrowind Daedric shrines...)

2) If we have a devestating Daedra attack on Ald'ruhn prior to the mod opening, then yes, it ties in nicely, but it also adds another major factor to our power structure. It seems from the Pocket Guide that the Dres are (for some reason, probably Machiavellian in nature) cooperating with the Imperials. This means that they will probably not ally with Redoran as we assumed and may well remain uninvolved on Vvardenfell altogether (fits their traditionally isolationist policy). In that case, the Triple Alliance has already been weakened to just the Redoran and the Indoril. If we put the Redorans in the position of having just suffered a massive defeat in their capital, they are even further weakened. Suddenly their position in the House War becomes far less tenable. Either they need to be absolutely brilliant or they're going to be fighting a losing battle and the best they will be able to hope for is a Thermopoli or an Alamo, with the Old Guard going down in a final blaze of glory.
03-24-2006, 03:08 AM,

I don't know why the Dres would go wit Helseth other than not declining, the don't wanna decline but they hate the Empire and modernizing, yet they do... Indoril are, but slowly and reluctantly.... Redoran try to make advances but their situations make it very tough.... I bet Indoril could definitely if they wanted to and had the leadership..... they aren't poor as a House, but they are slowly losing....

I wonder... the Dres' newfound tie with Helseth, is that as strong as their traditional tie with Indoril and Redoran?
the Dunmer one is more traditional but the Imperial one at the time SEEMED to offer better chances... until Uriel Septim's death and everything... so what does this all mean? what can we say? what can we infer?

its tough, we gonna need to research into the matter a lot...
03-24-2006, 12:20 PM,

I think the extra resources it would take to model a fallen/damaged Ald-Ruhn would bring home the global effects of the oblivion gate crisis to the player. It doesn't make sense to have rumors about a world wide crisis, then no signs of it in another province.
A Land Far away-Hardcore role playing Neverwinter Persistant world
Current PC- Nekrovor Ril'or-drow wizard
03-24-2006, 01:59 PM,

I say we wait to decide to make damaged redoran stuff til we finish modeling everything else.

But I hate the Redoran, so go ahead and let them be attacked
03-24-2006, 06:20 PM,

We also need to work with the other mods to decide on the Oblivion Gate issue. It would be very strange for some provinces or areas to claim attack and others to say that it is only in Cyrodiil. We need to decide 1) the extent of the attacks outside Cyrodiil and 2) how to deal with them as the PC. The thing we need to watch out for most in this is dragging out Oblivion's quest-line into each of our mods, making the PC shut down like twice as many gates just to get the global effect thing.