Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bal Molagmer. replacement of the Vvar thieves guild?
11-21-2006, 04:32 AM,

Maybe the Bal Molagmer focus/rely on magic more than traditional thieves? They don't use offensive/defensive magic, per se...but they rely a lot more on unlock/chameleon/invisibility spells. Just an idea, thought it might make them more interesting.

...christ i use "/" alot. :eek:
11-21-2006, 09:37 PM,

Holding onto the idea that it would be unique for the Player to actually destroy a joinable Faction in-game.

Quote:Sericho
Ahh, sorry. Well...The Thieves Guild aren't murderers either. That's actually why they oppose the Cammona Tong, they are completely against murder. And if the Bal Molagmer didn't like the path the thieves guild has taken, I doubt they'd just make a new branch of the TG, they'd break off and start a new faction altogether. Just my opinion.

Umm, the entry quest to the Thieves Guild was a murder/assassination, and so it went on... If there was actual theiving later I just never got there... so my view is based on what was required of me by each faction in-game, as much as what other people in-game told me was happening - after all I don't believe everything I am told, Confusedhrug: especially by thieves. I see a lot of what factions say or is said of them as self-justification.

Your idea of a breach might be very good - provided it starts with the large TG, and I gets to eviscerate them murdrin :bitch: s Smile
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
11-22-2006, 10:35 PM,

>_>...

The entry quest into the Thieves Guild is to steal a diamond from Naclarya of White Haven, maybe you are thinking of the Morag Tong or something else?
11-23-2006, 02:00 AM,

use the UESP if you don't wanna replay the game...
here it is: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Thieves_Guild
I have used it on more than many occasions... this person who made UESP did a good job
11-25-2006, 05:40 PM,

I must admit that I am finding it hard to imagine the motivation for someone to join the Bal Molagmer as presented - you take all the chances of any thief, but you give away the rewards for the risks you take!

Clearly, this guild makes better sense if it is financed by another guild and aimed at a guild.

Let us say that the Temple is unhappy with the Morag Tong because MT is xenophobic and causing racial tensions; people who get robbed complain to their priest, priest uses a little magic to find where the missing item is, and then hires the Bal Molagmer to recover the stolen item. The temple looks good, the MT looks bad, and the player is paid by the temple.

I mean, being "Robin Hood" is cool, but it doesn't fill the stomach.
11-25-2006, 07:05 PM,

Quote:I must admit that I am finding it hard to imagine the motivation for someone to join the Bal Molagmer as presented - you take all the chances of any thief, but you give away the rewards for the risks you take!

The motivation is helping people that can't help themselves, that's the entire idea of the Bal Molagmer. If they were doing it for the money and their own personal gain, it would compromise everything they stand for, and they'd be just another Thieves Guild.
11-25-2006, 07:08 PM,

I think what he's saying is that most people wouldn't want to join, but instead just steal for personal gain.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
11-25-2006, 09:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by WhiteWizard
I think what he's saying is that most people wouldn't want to join, but instead just steal for personal gain.
I think thats is part of it... I mean yeah Jim Stacey might be idealistic, but top thieves got there by stealing and being good at it, for the guild and for their own profit selling to fences... ol dhabits are tough to shake... especially if its so much of who you are...
I'm sure whomever claims the faction will do a great job showing the themes of the old thieves, trying to cooperate with the Temple and be 'robin hoods', trying get back at the Camonna Tong, and some other things Smile
11-26-2006, 01:14 AM,

How about you join the thieve's guild in balmora, lets say, and there is only like, one more thieve's guild out there left on Vvardenfell. You do about 5 quests for them and get a promotion. They then want to send you on your way to bigger and better things when they run out of things for you to do. Let's now say this is the guild in Sadrith Mora. You arrive to the cornerclub only to find it's been burned to the ground and everyone is dead and the imperials in the fort are freaking out. You search the rubble and find a calling card left by the Camonna Tong, just saying they are responsible and it's their territory now. Well, anyways, you head back to the thieve's guild in Balmora to tell them what happened. You arive on that guild and it is still doing fine, and you tell them what happened in Sadrith Mora. Knowing there are also Camonna Tong members in Balmora who will probably make a move, they ship up and prepare to leave. One member will send you off on a last quest to fetch something precious of his that was taken by the guards that he wants back before he leaves, so you head over to the guard tower and steal...how about the Sword of White Woe in the east guard tower. You run in there and grab the sword. You start heading over to the guild and you see it ablaze and Camonna Tong thugs are killing off your fellow thieves. The guards start running over and they run away. The person who wanted you to get the sword is dying on the ground, and he tells you to keep it and use it to slay his murderers and get revenge for your fallen guild mates. So, then that night you are off to the council club where the Camonna Tong are, and you steathily kill them off like a DB mission. You head back upstairs and find a bunch more people looting the place. They are a small group of Bal Molagmer, led by one of Stacey's old followers, possibly Crazy-Legs Arantamo who was always with him. Anyways, they see that you have a grudge against the Camonna Tong, and decide to let you join. You agree (or decline and meet up with them later after you thought it out), the faction Vvardenfell Thieve's Guild dissappears and you join Morag tong as an initiate and you get to steal from the Camonna Tong and give to the poor yada yada...and they rebuild the guild for their own use. After a few quests, they send you off to Molag Mar (that place needs to have some kind of guild in it for once) where you will complete some more quests, and then they send you off to Vivec to do the last quests (back where Jim Stacey always was) Jim is back like he said, and he leads the Bal Molagmer now. You do the final quest, take over the guild, and you get some great benefits.

How about you get a service to send people off to steal for you, you get to keep half the rest goes to the poor. And then, after you get enough gold, the poor you donated money to found a shack town and build a manor for you there. It could keep things going even after the quests and have better benefits for once.

Or, you can get an artifact from the Nerevarine, like one of the charms of the Ashlander Tribes given to him in the Nerevarine trials that Jim has.

Are my ideas good?
Lol what?
11-26-2006, 01:50 AM,

are your ideas any good? hmm.... no.. not good....
infact, not good at all... because....

they're more than good!

[Image: tonythetigerge1.png]They're GRRRRREAT!