• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balmora Layout (final)
04-30-2007, 02:07 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
What subject? Tongue
AP US History, WW2 not too bad at all
apprently same thing Seniosh has to study Big Grin
04-30-2007, 02:13 AM,

History is always fun (at least when you always get a C+ or higher Big Grin)
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
04-30-2007, 09:12 AM,

Well done! I like it! :goodjob: I love the sound of and old Vivec's palace, obviously, if this is to be a big dungeon, it'll have some quests revolved around it, so that should be very interesting. Something I'll be definitely keeping an eye on. Wink

If I could, I'd get to work right away on the exterior since I'm home from school and have some free time, but, and whilst it is very well done, I don't think the exterior Hlaalu tileset is very complete tbh, so I don't really want to use it until there's a better verison with proper buildings.

I might plan out a drawing of the old Vivec palace, if I can get my scanner working... will this pretty much be like a ruined Velothi tomb, with very grand items and furnishing and stuff?

I'll copy some of the information and put it into a claim for the claims thread. Smile
04-30-2007, 09:22 AM,

I love the idea of the vivec palace. I'd like to see grand halls, grand statues and a real, real, real big throne with every possible decoration you can imagine.
On the walls there would be the plans of the cross-shaped cities are also printed on the walls of the hall.

These pieces should not be made out of the existing set, but I suggest we make something special for this use.

BTW: When I say grand, I mean like 20 meters high (60 feet) with huge pillars, and statues of about 15 meters (45 feet) and the plans all over the wall
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
04-30-2007, 09:34 AM,

Quote:These pieces should not be made out of the existing set, but I suggest we make something special for this use.

BTW: When I say grand, I mean like 20 meters high (60 feet) with huge pillars, and statues of about 15 meters (45 feet) and the plans all over the wall
:yes: Yep, good idea. A bit like the massive Dwemer halls in Bamz Amzschend under Mournhold, really high with pillars and big rooms and.

Reminds me a bit of Tutenkhamens tomb for some reason...
04-30-2007, 12:08 PM,

Weird, that one was quit small Tongue
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
04-30-2007, 12:10 PM,

Yes, and full of lots of treasure and stuff. I just think the layout could look similar, but be bigger. If you know what I mean. We need a tileset though. Sad There's no Velothi halls yet.
04-30-2007, 06:17 PM,

glad you liked my Balmora layout... like I said, when I say I do something, sooner or later, I deliver :goodjob:

2920, The Last Year of the First Era - book 6 is the proof...
THIS Balmora was before the Great Houses had permission to settled Vvardenfell which was then exclusively Temple lands, owned by the Temple (like the Temple owns Necrom). Back then the Temple was much more powerful, and Vvardenfell was a wildland where they hunted down heretics and 6th House people... only Templefollowers there were Temple-priests and warriors (armigers and ordinators) or settled Velothi in places like Vos.
yeah maybe the palace is a little like LOTR Moria's Dwarrowdelf or something...? A huge hall and with grand rooms on the sides... cause in the First Era, Balmora was actually Vivec's palance... say... what if thats where the name Balmora came from? stone wood... maybe the Velothi pillars roughly resemble trees? now thats a thought...
04-30-2007, 09:02 PM,

Intresting theory! I'd like to think Vivec always had the idea to build his own city though.
The rider in black is always watching......
05-01-2007, 01:33 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hector the Hooded
Intresting theory! I'd like to think Vivec always had the idea to build his own city though.
I'm sure he did but remember, something huge like Vivec (that was meant to be huge for all time and be able to accomodate an increase in population) would takea LONG time. In 'real' life, the Cantons would be HUGE since they're basically compact cities... and so he had some places he stayed at while his grand city was in construction... thats what i think