Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balmora Layout (final)
06-20-2008, 11:46 AM,

Yeah, although I don't quite get what you mean about sparkles? ?(

If it's something to do with the textures, then I think their normal maps were edited since then because I've noticed now they're much more powerful. I don't think the actual textures have changed, however, even though I feel they should be darker/greyer and less colourful.

Some of the buildings are still impossible to create because of lack of tileset pieces so I might try to create these myself if I find time.
06-20-2008, 12:35 PM,

Are you going to put more houses or not? Because the size of the iskand has been increased.
Edit: I saw that there will be a new velothi slums district.
06-20-2008, 12:43 PM,

Actually we're doing 1x scale now, so the land's the same.

But yeah, check out KuKulzA's blueprint, we're going by that so all of what you see on there will be incorporated where possible.
06-20-2008, 01:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Yeah, although I don't quite get what you mean about sparkles? ?(

If it's something to do with the textures, then I think their normal maps were edited since then because I've noticed now they're much more powerful. I don't think the actual textures have changed, however, even though I feel they should be darker/greyer and less colourful.

Some of the buildings are still impossible to create because of lack of tileset pieces so I might try to create these myself if I find time.

Very Good

The sparkles come from the edges when the tiles are put together, it was a problem with the es3 verison of the set, it may have been fixed I was just not aware

Here a look at these

Custom Hlaalu Buildings

ZEnjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-24-2008, 01:32 AM,

If Helseth is making an appearance in this mod, wouldnt he need to be here in Balmora?

I'm thinking that after the death of Almalexia and the destruction of Dagoth Ur, Helseth moved the capitol to Balmora. If that sounds like a good idea, Balmora is going to need to be a LOT bigger.
06-24-2008, 01:51 AM,

I think Helseth should logically be in Ebonheart if he's anywhere in the mod other than Mournhold, cause i don't think there are any plans to move the capital to Balmora. From what i can tell from past threads, the plan was basically to have him pop in when needed, and then go back to Mournhold. he can keep a tab on Duke Valen Dren if he's in Ebonheart.

Plus, it's easier to just do Balmora as it is. The team's busy enough getting back on its feet. Why don't you check out some claims and do an interior?

The city can be expanded of course, but that's all at the discretion of the Vvardenfell team. For example, suburbs could easily be created ringing the city, though the geography would have to be changed a bit.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-24-2008, 02:04 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sabian
If Helseth is making an appearance in this mod, wouldn't he need to be here in Balmora?

I'm thinking that after the death of Almalexia and the destruction of Dagoth Ur, Helseth moved the capitol to Balmora. If that sounds like a good idea, Balmora is going to need to be a LOT bigger.

I have been through the threads briefly and from the time I spent alot of ideas have been passed around about alot of things. All of it sounds great but I am afraid with out cities lore and settlements lore is pointless. VV is getting back on its feet and Dave_91 and I are taking it slow and deliberate. The mess that accurred previously because to much was planned at once will not happen again.

Seniosh, I think you have good insight into the thought process of the new core. I am putting together interior tile sets so Helseth can wait Smile.