CLAIM: City Planning and AI
05-17-2009, 12:19 PM,
CLAIM: City Planning and AI
Official 'Black Marsh' General Task Claim for City Planning and AI

[/HR]

City Planning and AI
AVAILABILITY: Open

[/HR]

Main Goals: Deciding on the function of the buildings within our settlements and developing appropriate AI.

Settlements currently available: all settlements currently need work (although some more than others).

AI Development: Please consult InsanitySorrow here: CLAIM: AI Development List .

[/HR]

I will use this thread for administration tasks that are essential to work on AI, interiors and city planning.

In this post, I have attached some of the plans I made that show some of our settlements and the interiors that go with them. Note that I have only labelled the interiors that already exist here. Those that are unlabelled are incomplete.

In the second post, I will attach some of the screenshots for existing settlements that need to be planned in terms of shops, Guilds and key locations etc.

Please feel free to claim the 'city planning' for any of these settlements using the List of Factions as a basic guideline.

Once the settlement's have been planned then feel free to claim any one of these unlabelled interiors (the screenshots from this post will show you those) and keep to the agreed specifications of the city planners.

Doing things this way means that I don't have to issue tons of interior claims if someone wants to doing something a bit special with these claims.

I have attached a sample of what you will get from this rar file.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-17-2009, 12:25 PM,

I had already started a list IG, maybe bring that info over into this thread.

Also, can edit this post with your information Smile
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
05-17-2009, 12:46 PM,

I moved your post into the claims section, IS. Yours concerns the AI whereas this one is more focused on city planning and general interior claims.

FAO City Planners - please use these screenshots of the cities (attached) as a basic template on which to plan your settlements. The previous ones were simply a reference as to what interiors already exist at this stage.

As before, I shall include a sample as an attachment.

The cities that lack proper planning are:
  • Tenmar Wall
  • Sloughpoint
  • Gideon
  • Stonewastes
  • Rock Guard
  • Rock Grove
  • Chasepoint
All of these can be claimed.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-27-2009, 02:19 PM,

I've got Tenmar Wall's interiors decided upon and will set up interior claims once I've done a little modding. Tenmar Wall's design is now complete. Here are the layouts just for reference.
06-27-2009, 05:54 PM,

Big GrinI can do some city planning. Just give me whatever needs priority and I'll get on it.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
06-27-2009, 08:54 PM,

Sloughpoint, Rock Guard, Rock Grove & Chasepoint all need to be planned out. Btw, I've often experienced FPS issues (including CTDs) around Rock Grove and I know this was one of yours. I wondered if you would be able to find out the cause...?

Anyway, the others are more or less done so it's just a case of planning according to what shops, Guild buildings and Inns that we need whilst not neglecting the existence of standard houses. It's a case of breathing life into the town so feel free to issue interior claims based on your ideas but bear in mind the need for some Faction-related material. The current Faction list is here: List of Factions but, having discussed this with Deeza, there may be a need to add one or two later....but they'd be fairly minor Factions anyway.

Either use my maps (see the original post) or modify your own screenshot.

I've started working on the Tenmar Wall interior claims. I think I may do this besides my assets work as I think I may be able to get the whole town done.....remember to prod InsanitySorrow for work on the AIs once interiors are completed. I put him in charge of AI work.
06-27-2009, 08:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Sloughpoint, Rock Guard, Rock Grove & Chasepoint all need to be planned out. Btw, I've often experienced FPS issues (including CTDs) around Rock Grove and I know this was one of yours. I wondered if you would be able to find out the cause...?

Anyway, the others are more or less done so it's just a case of planning according to what shops, Guild buildings and Inns that we need whilst not neglecting the existence of standard houses. It's a case of breathing life into the town so feel free to issue interior claims based on your ideas but bear in mind the need for some Faction-related material. The current Faction list is here: List of Factions but, having discussed this with Deeza, there may be a need to add one or two later....but they'd be fairly minor Factions anyway.

Either use my maps (see the original post) or modify your own screenshot.

I think it was corrupt. I ran some other .esp at the same time, so it would crash my CS alot. I'll probably have to rebuild it again.

We can plan out the cities, and set up claims. I'll take Chasepoint planning, if you don't mind. Though I'll need coordinates.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
07-01-2009, 07:39 PM,

I assume you got those co-ords from the map thread, TL...

Anyway, I've been working on the interiors for the cave homes of Tenmar Wall. Waylas Stargel's is completed but I've been zipping in and out of them all so I'm not too far from getting the basic bits in place such as all of the furniture, ingredients, paintings, cutlery and so on.....after that, it's the fun part of characterising the homes and giving the places a bit more character. The shops and Inn will obviously take more time than the others.....
07-02-2009, 08:28 AM,

Shall I post the Stormhold interior list here, so that you can split it up into separate claim threads?

I don't know whether or not to include the whole Castle as one claim, since it's pretty massive. At the moment I'm favouring splitting it up. Thoughts?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-02-2009, 09:05 PM,

Yes, please. Go ahead and post the list. This castle could be really tricky! Is the architecture complete then or would that be a part of the claim? That one would probably have to be done by someone with real creative powers...you can leave it off for now, if you wish, but we have to get it sorted all the same. Do you think it might be partially in disrepair? The Ayleid foundations may be crumbling and there could be sections that are no-go areas or broken bridges...I'd particularly like to see a huge, high hall with criss-crossing bridges.... =)....very chaotic-looking, not unlike the city itself.