Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camonna Tong: ideas & discussion
02-14-2006, 02:19 AM,

...hmmm... gonna try to dig up more Cammona-Sixth House connections....
apparently it seems for a long time these guys have been deep!
02-14-2006, 02:32 AM,

Quote:from TES3 main quest

:Sixth House cult:
"This Addhiranirr knows about, because it is about smuggling. Some smart smugglers are suddenly too busy for their old clients, because they have a new employer, the Sixth House, who pays VERY well. But what do they smuggle now? Addhiranirr doesn't know, because they are very secret. And this is odd, because these smugglers are always loud and bragging, and now they hush up like fat-bellied kitties full of sweet-meats."

:Smuggling:
"Smuggling is big business. The Empire says we can't trade skooma, moon sugar, ebony, Dwemer artifacts, exotic Dunmer weapons and armor, and slaves. So smugglers trade these things. Smugglers also smuggle greef, shein, and sujamma to avoid Imperial tax. And now the Sixth House hires smugglers, though what they smuggle, Addhiranirr cannot say."
Quote:Orvas Dren
:Hlaalu Hortator:
"I have long believed it was a mistake to turn from the old gods. Perhaps Azura is with you after all. And perhaps not. I will tell you that I've spoken with Dagoth Ur. He promised me the same thing. That he will drive the foreigners from our lands. But I am not one to ignore opportunity, nor am I one to be troubled by rubbing two sides of a coin. If you are a dunmer of your word, I am your ally. I will tell Velanda Omani and Nevena Ules to support you as Hortator of House Hlaalu."

Quote:Crassius Curio

Orvas Dren:
"He is the head of the Camonna Tong and lives in a plantation in the Ascadian Isles. You may be able to bribe him or trick him. He despises the Empire, and I have heard rumors that he has made some kind of deal with the Sixth House."
02-14-2006, 02:35 AM,

Kulu go to oblivion general
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
02-14-2006, 02:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Kulu go to oblivion general
PMing me is fine, do that next time :yes:
thanks!
02-16-2006, 12:49 AM,

[update to 1st post]
hmm... no one seems to be interested in discussing Cammona Tong Sad
02-16-2006, 12:55 AM,

Okay, I am. How are we going to plan these guys quests to exterminate the Thieves guild? Single assassins or raiding parties? Politics?
02-16-2006, 01:03 AM,

All of the above. I'd say a few raids took place prior to the PC's arrival, hence the setup that was mentioned in the other thread about the TG in hiding and a head in the gutter. I'd say that politics are used to sanction the acts of the Cammona Tong against the guild, particularly the Imperial Guard cannot get involved no matter how many Imperial citizens are massacred because they were criminals, also certain Houses and local authorities are content to look the other way due to the TG's illegal reputation. Once the TG is in hiding, the Cammona Tong can do a lot with specific strikes and assassinations (i.e. - hunt down a hideout and hit it hard and fast with one or two really powerful guys). They can also buy off someone in the TG who realizes that if they don't betray the guild, they'll soon be dead anyway. This could culminate in the massacre of the remaining TG members as described in the other thread.

The Annihilate the Thieves' Guild quests should be relatively short to allow for another one or two themes for the Cammona Tong such as some minor smuggling stuff and maybe House manipulation to regain strength among the Hlallu.
02-16-2006, 01:12 AM,

these are objectives that Cammona Tong want done:
1. continue smuggling for 6th House
2. continue terrorist attacks on Imperial citizens
3. recruit more gangsters
4. regain manipulation of Hlaalu
5. reach out to other Houses to gain more influence
6. assassinate particular political 'obstacles'
7. neutralize THieves Guild threat

remember Dagoth Ur's plan was to assassinate various political obstacles? how can he do it when most of his people are in the woilderness or a few scattered in various towns? remember how he has agreements with Orvas Dren? ...yeah.... maybe that has to do with it....
also, 6th House pays the smugglers A LOT to smuggle special top priority stuff, and Cammona want money
the growing influx of Dres and Indoril immigrants will help get Cammona Tong more members and recruits
the THieves Guild in hiding poses little threat....

so as to not take away the fun... I think the Thieves Guild should have a few top guys spared... but at leasthalf killed off... thats more realistic...
02-16-2006, 03:06 AM,

Wait a sec, the cammona want the Hlaalu to keep power, but they want to mess with the Imperals... but the Hlaalu power is based on their cooperation with teh Imperials. Conflict of Interests
02-16-2006, 03:08 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
Wait a sec, the cammona want the Hlaalu to keep power, but they want to mess with the Imperals... but the Hlaalu power is based on their cooperation with the Imperials. Conflict of Interests
not really....
pretend the Cammona Tong are an STD
the STD is on Hlaalu person... and Hlaalu person gets intimate with Imperial person...
now Cammona STD is closer to Imperial person...

so, as the political situation of the Hlaalu gets closer to Imperials, the Cammona Tong, with vague connections and influences on the Hlaalu get closer too... and get to more direct harm.... not physical... but politically getting closer to be able to do more damage...