Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Census@ excise offices
02-19-2006, 02:45 AM,
Census@ excise offices
I had a big idea which would remake them alot different.

They should have their own guards and follow Helseths rule. Either the Guards should have royal guard armor or a mix of studded imperial leather chainmail and steel with a steel shield and steel longsword. Also should have offices in Pelagiad Caldera, Ebonheart and wolverine hall where they can collect taxes and keep an eye on tax revolts or anyone who wouldn't listen to their ideas. I think the new buildings should resemble arriles tradehouse except in seyda neen. In seyda neen since it is their captial office for Vvardenfall they should have a new little warehouse near their building with stone wall around all 3 of their buildings with a gate entrance to their property.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
02-19-2006, 03:04 AM,

hmm....
well there should be an office in Fort Darius, Fort Moonmoth, Fort Buckmoth, Wolverine Hall, and Ebonheart...
but I think Pelagiad is a good idea so maybe we should add that office in...

as for the Seyda Neen one, leave that up to EnnJ, coordinator/manager of Seyda Neen

and you mention guards... I think maybe the Census & Excise guards should look different for sure...
I think they should be of all different races and wearing iron/steel armor with a steel shield and longsword like you said...
I think there should be two kinds...Excise Guard, and Security Officer
the Security Officer will simply wear regular cloths, and a studded leather cuirass and armed with an iron club

perhaps there is a royal accountant character who works for Helseth and he has 2 Royal Guards who guard him....

I think you brought up good ideas EbonyKnight :goodjob:
02-19-2006, 11:04 AM,

I'm sorry but I don't like the idea.

The Census and Excise wouldn't need it's own guards. Like everyone else they are protected by the Imperial Law and therefore will be protected by Imperial Guards. No addition guards would be needed.

And if they would need guards and the Imperial Guard cannot help them, there's always the Guild of Fighters.
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
02-19-2006, 12:20 PM,

And there's no real choice there anymore, since we've established the Imperial Guard (Legion and Fighters' Guild joined together due to smaller numbers). That means that they're probably still dressed a little differently though, ex-Fighters being more casual and Legionairres being uniformed. Both are probably eqipped with at least Imperial-level weapons and armor though.
02-19-2006, 12:47 PM,

well then maybe its Fighters Guild guys that are guards....

but I was wondering.... wouldn't they also want to hired Dunmer to be police or security?
cause I mean they want the Dunmer employed and in the service of the Empire....
that's how it works, getting people to be a part of the empire rather than against it...
02-19-2006, 06:43 PM,

yeah i don't think that the C&E need their own guards, just generic imperial ones i think would work fine... also, i think that there should be less offices, the C&E would only need to deal with things in areas where there is a lot of pan-island trading
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
02-19-2006, 06:51 PM,

I think that they should only retain juristiction over the handful of Imperial Union settlements (Seyda Neen, Ebonheart, maybe Pelegiad, plus the couple outlying forts such as Fort Moonmoth and Wolverine Hall). Other places are the possessions and lawful territory of the Dunmer Houses and over them Helseth, though the Houses may not really agree with him about that last part.
02-19-2006, 07:00 PM,

yeah :goodjob: i was thinking that they should maintian offices only in maybe...

Seyda Neen
Wolverine Hall
Fort Moonmoth
Dagon Fel (nords and such)

02-20-2006, 11:44 PM,

offices can:
Fort Moonmoth - taxes Hlaalu/Balmora
Fort Buckmoth - taxes Ald-ruhn/Redoran
Fort Darius - taxes Gnisis/Redoran
Ebonheart - taxes Vivec City
Pelagiad - taxes Ascadian Isle farmers
Wolverine Hall - taxes House Telvanni
Seyda Neen - collects it all (HQ)

thats what I think.... in fact in the Legion quests in TES3, there is an orc (female) tax collector in Gnisis
(did my research Big Grin)
also, I don't think tax is good in Sheogorad... it used to be Nord fishermen, now its a lotof nord raiders and pirates coming in.... taxing them with like 2 guards to enforce is suicide...
02-20-2006, 11:47 PM,

makes sense to me, good job :goodjob:

but i think that the one in seyda neen should be the largest (2-3 rooms), the ones in the three main towns would be the medium ones (1 big room), and the ones in the smaller towns should be the smallest (1 medium-small room)