Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim 015- KnifeBlossom
12-09-2008, 03:34 PM,
Claim 015- KnifeBlossom
Well I was finally able to get exilehunters new heightmap on my modding pc. Great job exile. Everything is nice and smooth, great beaches, etc. Really good job!

Instead of using my Japanese style buildings for the port town, I think we should just use 'em for the small knifeblossom community.

Is it Knifeblossom or Knife Blossom?

If it's okay with everyone, I took a few cells of the bamboo forest
(-4, 20 -4, 19 and maybe some more) and turned it into a flat area for
the knifeblossom people. I figure a dozen houses or so is good enough
for the last known survivors of the race.

The area will not only be hidden by trees, but because exilehunter had built the groung so high, when I flattened it it made this really nice ravine. It looks like their settlement is 90% surrounded by "mountains"
It will make for some awesome waterfalls.

I'm starting my structures from scratch. Since this is such a small town I want to use all custom stuff, no vanilla Oblivion except maybe a few textures. I should have a couple done and in game by this weekend.
12-09-2008, 04:05 PM,
RE: Claim 015- KnifeBlossom
Breathtaking idea! Can i help with the buildings? Just give me some guidelines... Wink
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
12-09-2008, 04:08 PM,

I agreed with Shiver,its a really cool idea,do it man!
12-09-2008, 04:41 PM,

Awesome RA. Go for it.
12-09-2008, 05:49 PM,

I agree! Now that the island is much bigger than we originally planned, that leaves lots of space to add more settlements. I look forward to seeing the results!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-10-2008, 02:04 AM,

eh, thats a bit quick. I was actually about to redo the heightmap with some erosion details (as i posted in the highlands thread) and then redo the regions in the editor.
So, "if its possible" (which i have no clue in), i could merge any new landscape details later, mainly the highlands. if it "isnt possible" then you'll have to re-add your settlement into the new heightmap (and some more landscaping). As for region generation, i could try to make the regions go around your settlement as to not erase any land textures and hand placed trees.

IF you want things to be certain and have a nice solid area to build in that wont be altered, all i need is a collaboration to make the bamboo forest region preset. THen i can generate it and then it'll be ready for custom details.
12-10-2008, 03:21 PM,

Sorry. didn't notice that post.

Please continue as planned, as flattening out the settlement took a very short time. I have'nt placed any trees or objects either. I'm just modeling the homes right now. I just place them in game to test if the collision is good.

As for the bamboo forest- I have a "lower" version that doesn't sway and has less leaves. The problem is the bamboo forest won't really look that good unless it's thick.

What do you think about me making a static bamboo tree (not a speedtree), but make a small cluster of them varying in sizes and such.
Then use that cluster as a single placement for a tree. You think that would be better on framerate? We could always place one of my old speedtree bamboos here and there for effect. Exile would this work or do you want to just try my lower bamboo?

Ground texture- Let me try to make a ground texture that is dead bamboo leaves. It would also be cool that instead of having the 3d grass pop up it has small bamboo shoots (they wouldn't have to sway)
12-10-2008, 06:05 PM,

[quote]Originally posted by ra5946
Sorry. didn't notice that post.

Please continue as planned, as flattening out the settlement took a very short time. I have'nt placed any trees or objects either. I'm just modeling the homes right now. I just place them in game to test if the collision is good.

As for the bamboo forest- I have a "lower" version that doesn't sway and has less leaves. The problem is the bamboo forest won't really look that good unless it's thick.

What do you think about me making a static bamboo tree (not a speedtree), but make a small cluster of them varying in sizes and such.
Then use that cluster as a single placement for a tree. You think that would be better on framerate? We could always place one of my old speedtree bamboos here and there for effect. Exile would this work or do you want to just try my lower bamboo?

Ground texture- Let me try to make a ground texture that is dead bamboo leaves. It would also be cool that instead of having the 3d grass pop up it has small bamboo shoots (they wouldn't have to sway)[/quote

I like this idea. The bamboo shoots would be different from vanilla oblivion too.
12-11-2008, 01:09 AM,

its worth a shot with a nif model. By the way, you know how you guys had the plan of adding an invisible model around speedtrees to act as a fruit container? are we still doing that because with the region editor, i'm sure i can generate all speedtrees to have a container at their base + i can script it so that you just activate the container and it'll automatically add a random amount of fruit.

The lower poly speedtree bamboo is still worth it. i'll create an area with a mixture of the bamboo and see what happens. And by the way, i used your old spt bamboo in one of my mods and found that it crashed the cs (it was retextured so it could have been my fault). Yet kielanai's akaviri kojima works fine.

As for framerate. i still have little idea what we could get. But with only the old spt bamboo, its not recommended. The bamboo shoots is a nice idea. THough they dont have to sway, if they were set up as grass in the cs, they could sway with the wind regardless.
12-11-2008, 09:45 AM,

I think a mix of statics and speedtree models is probably the best solution. If enough of them swayed in the wind, I don't think most people would notice.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!