Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep within the dunes of Elsweyr
08-12-2006, 03:41 AM,
Deep within the dunes of Elsweyr
30 Dremora have made a camp in the Dunes of Elsweyr and due to some unexplained reason were not sent back to Oblivion. Rather than try and keep killing Humans they have made plans to negotiate with the Imperials. They will offer their wide array of skills to the Desert Corps in return for not being killed. They grew tired of Dagon and his attempts to invade Tamriel anyway and thus when the opportunity presented itself they took it.

So would it possible to have Dremora be seen in the employ of the Desert Corps? I'd like input to refine this idea Smile
08-12-2006, 03:42 AM,

No, very lore bending, the imperials wouldn't take them, the dremora wouldn't offer.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-12-2006, 03:44 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
No, very lore bending, the imperials wouldn't take them, the dremora wouldn't offer.
Ok. BTW pick an avatar and stick with it lol
08-12-2006, 03:44 AM,

I don't think they would, neither side I mean. Daedra in Tamriel are the equivilants of demons, and to Dremora, men and mer are an inferior species. They also wouldn't waver their loyalties to Dagon, I don't think, but I like the general idea...
08-12-2006, 03:45 AM,

I'm insulted, why must I be bound to an avatar? Do not be so presumptious mister no avatar.

JK
08-12-2006, 03:46 AM,

I'm insulted, why must I be bound to an avatar? Do not be so presumptious mister no avatar.

JK
Only gods can change avatars and you are no god Tongue
08-12-2006, 03:47 AM,

I am however the king of kittens.
08-12-2006, 03:59 AM,

I am however the king of kittens.

And I am the Imperial Dragon, aka Akatosh! Big Grin Tongue So I have a right to change avatars! Big Grin
08-12-2006, 04:26 PM,

Well, don't be so iron-willed about saying Dremora would never negotiate. I'll remind you of Battlespire, where the PC does negotiate with dremora and other daedra.

However, the PC does this out of desperationg. I don't think the Desert Corps would be that desperate.
08-12-2006, 09:22 PM,

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tamriel:Books/S...the_Daedra

Dremora are not bound to Dagon per se: "Dremora have long served Dagon... But not always so." And perhaps more revealing, "We serve by choice. We serve the strong, so that their strength might shield us."

So sure, a group of dremora /could/ defect from Dagon's service to help men and mer. But why? Perhaps this group of dremora fear being defeated because it would mean their being cast back into the 'darkness' (sorta like a daedric purgatory; eventually all defeated daedra will be reborn). But wouldn't they fear the pain Dagon will inflict upon them when they do return to Oblivion more?

Consider, too, that daedra look down upon mortal races. They consider mortals to be weak, because eventually all mortal men and mer will die. Would the dremora risk unending torture (they feel pain) in order to avoid the Darkness? The Dremora are very intelligent; perhaps they've considered all of this and there is infighting within this group?

I think it's an interesting idea, but if you want to really dig into the lore of it, there would be alot going on beneath the surface of this story. Do you really want to go this deep?