Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desert Sandstorms
04-14-2007, 08:41 PM,
Desert Sandstorms
I was thinking that maybe the desert in the Elsweyr province could have sandstorms, just like the ashstorms in Morrowind. I think this would really add to the reality of crossing through a desert. Though, I don't know if anyone could initially "add" weather conditions to the game, let alone changing the construction set to these new settings. But..... just an idea.
04-14-2007, 09:31 PM,

Yes, it's possible. You may need a new mesh for dusty weather, but if you make a weather type, all you'd need to do is set it to some kind of weather, give it windy sound effects, and upload the sandstorm into the optional precipitation mesh.
Lol what?
04-14-2007, 10:10 PM,

Sounds like an idea in development. Now we just need to wait to see if Dark A. would like to add this to the project.

(Just having escaped an attack from a local tribe, he now feels lost in the harsh desert of Elsweyr. The wind is slowly picking up, and he feels that a storm is underway. As he makes a run to the city of Dune, a sandstorm changes his course. Lost and confused, he tries to navigate using his compass. Blinded by the sandstorm, he gets caught by a stream of moving sand. As he tries to escape the quicksand, he is murdered. The local tribe finds his corpse in the desert, being nibbled on by a sand dreugh.)
04-29-2007, 08:23 PM,

PROMETHEUS at ESF has a sandstorm in his desert mod Tongue
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
05-01-2007, 01:06 PM,

Cool, then that means if we could get Prometheus to let the Elsweyr team to use the sandstorm mod in the project then that means a whole lot less work for the team, plus we'll get an essential part of Elsweyr.
This will certainly add a little bit of more realism to the desert!!

----So is someone going to contact Prometheus? ?( ?(
"If you think Hell is bad enough now, just wait until I get there!"

~Lord Skorm~

05-06-2007, 09:41 AM,

I could, but it would be best if someone with a offical rank within the mod did.. Raggid?
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
05-14-2007, 01:45 PM,

Assistant of Krisi_ aka The Weather Master is perfect for me, for now anyways. I don't have experience in creating weather and I'm not that conversant on Elsweyr information, but I would love to help out in contacting people, giving suggestions, and even testing.

Anything at all, just PM me and I'll help out.

~Lord Skorm~

05-14-2007, 04:19 PM,

Meh.. Raggidman.. I'm not known to the CS... You know that already.. Use TID or DA to do it.. Or someone else, just not me.. Big Grin
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
05-17-2007, 12:39 PM,

It's cool if Krisi_ doesn't want to do it. I will help anyone who knows what they are doing, I would feel more comfortable.

~Lord Skorm~

05-18-2007, 01:30 AM,

I have some thoughts on getting the player lost in the desert, yes. Not sure I'm able or interested in taking on this myself, but I will certainly share my thoughts and I'm always willing to write scripts, so long as you keep em specific...

Anyway, sandstorms are weather. I'm not sure how the weather system in Oblivion works, but I know it's powerful. Probably absurdly so - this has to do with that whole erosion thing they were talking about. Setting up sandstorms is probably quite possible. In fact, I would be shocked if it wasn't simple, even, so long as you have the proper "flying sand" texture/shader/whatever. Fast travel should certainly be disabled during a sandstorm (though I think it ought to be always in the desert), and there should be fatigue, and perhaps health, damage, as well.

Anyway, I'll spend some time thinking about it, and then write up a thread about getting lost in the desert.
"change the world..."

"Blinding light, bind my foes unbreakable chains... Disperse the shadows! Ray of Paralysis!"
~Saradin Carm

Quisque casus ab oraculo antecedetur. Sed sine heroe, non est casus.