Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragos's models
12-22-2005, 06:15 PM,
Dragos's models
So...these are some samples of what I can do with blender....wait....how can I post an image?

Ehm....here's the link anyway.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/ho...reeny1.png

Save it first of all so that you can see it fullsized. Wink
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
12-22-2005, 06:34 PM,

Very nice horodnicdragos! They look fantastic! Could you educate me as to what blender is, and will it import models to work with TES?
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
12-22-2005, 06:46 PM,

Ehm.. I have some exporters... but I don't know how to use them... There is just a problem. The polycount is about 2000. And maybe these will be for OB engine... but of course a good modeler knows making low polycount models too. Like these:

[Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_katana.jpg] [Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_Katana_render.jpg] [Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_hhh1.jpg]

[Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_Whistle_2.jpg] [Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_swordy1.png] [Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_shield1.jpg] [Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_shield2.jpg]

And here is a very high polycount helm:

[Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_Untitled_Helm_5.jpg] [Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_High-Helm.jpg]

Looks cool heh?I even know modelling in maya:

[Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_whistele_2.jpg] [Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_Vaza.jpg] [Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_Globe.jpg] [Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_sword_6.jpg] [Image: thumb_horodnicdragos_ss18.jpg]

Sorry for spamming this theard with so many pictures... What do you think? Shall I model fo ST?
12-22-2005, 06:51 PM,

Very, very nice. I think that yes, you should model for ST. Definately.
That high poly helm is very nice looking. What maps, besides bump mapping, did you use on it? Oh, and what are the poly numbers on it?
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
12-22-2005, 06:57 PM,

There is no bump effect.Just many fract subdivide.And...it is about 80000 poly.I don't know how to make bump effect.So...maybe this will be for OB engine too.Glad that my work is apreciated. Smile
12-22-2005, 07:06 PM,

Mate, this is by no means "spamming with pictures" but an excellent showcase of your artistic craft.

Quote:What do you think?Shall I model fo ST?

This is a rhetoric question, isn't it? :hmm: :applause:

I'd love to see it, if you'd join our ranks of excellent modellers. And if you need a hand lend with the bump mapping just send me the textures and I'll be more than willing to do them for you.

Awesome stuff.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
12-23-2005, 02:00 AM,

That's some really nice models you have there, horodnicdragos! :goodjob:
I've always had a thing for misc items, both because they make a place more interesting to explore and because they add to the culture and atmosphere. And I just love cluttering interiors, arranging sundry items on shelves and moving furniture about and what-not. The models you made are highly useful!

It's true that the models would be for Oblivion rather than for Morrowind, so you don't have to worry just yet about exporting them. 3D Studio Max is the best program though when it comes to modelling for Elder Scrolls, and there's a pretty good chance that once the game and the 3d exporter comes out one would be able to export directly from Max v8 to Oblivion's NIF format. Which would be pretty slick, to be able to check it out in-game in a matter of seconds. There's a 30-day free trial of 3D Studio Max v8 downloadable from autodesk.com btw. In case you're interested, go ahead and download it, but let me know before you install it and I may have something for you :brew:

To make a long story short, what our team wants to do is bring back Morrowind on the TES IV: Oblivion platform. In other words, mod a chunk of the Morrowind Province. To make our mod believable we must bring back stuff that Bethesda created in TES III, but due to copyright reasons we can't grab stuff directly from the TES III game and put it in our mod. So that's why I personally am psyched about anything we might be able to use in our mod that can take the place of something Bethesda created.

In 'screeny1.png' for example, the pitcher in the top-left and the vase in the bottom-left looks to me like they would be perfect contenders for replacing their redware counterparts from TES III. Meaning the player would get to see your work in many, many Dunmer homes. Do you think we could use them for that purpose?

Low-poly models are also very useful, not just in older games but also in newer ones where you want to show a lot of stuff stacked together. For example, let's say we mod a weapon storage for a guard barracks-type of facility and want to show the player they have hundreds of weapons at their disposal. Imagine stacking a hundred of those shiny, high-poly pixelshaded and whatnot weapons that come with Oblivion! That would drag the framerate down to a crawl, if not causing lower-end systems to crash completely. But with a sword like the one you made, that could certainly be done.

The crystal ball looked sweet! Is that veins going around it? It'd make a perfect quest item for example. But perhaps you already have a background story for it? The iron helmet looks mighty fine too, but 80,000 polys is just way too many. I don't think the game could handle that much. Would you consider letting me have a look at it? One thing 3D Studio Max is really good at is optimizing a model without degrading its appearance.

To answer your question about image posting, the easiest way to do it is to click the Attachments button while you're writing a post. Then in the popup window you can browse the images you want to attach to your post and submit them, then when they've all been loaded up you can click the close button in the popup. Then when you make your post the images will show up underneath it as linked thumbnails. A very handy feature I think Smile

A bump-map is a greyscale texture (like this one) that's used together with an ordinary texture file. The darker parts of the bump map looks like they are further away from the viewer than the whiter parts, so with a bump-map like the one in the link, the surface would look bubbly. Quentin is great with textures and has done some really amazing work, so if you want to outsource that task I don't think you'd find a more capable artist here than him.

Glad to have you with us horodnicdragos!
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-23-2005, 03:34 PM,

Ehm.....ok....so how can I start?What can I model?I can do anything you want except faces...i am not good at faces. Tongue
And I use blender.Not 3dsmax.But I want to use 3dsmax.I can make better models with it.
12-23-2005, 06:31 PM,

They are really good work. I especially like the crystal ball. How are you on large models? I'm just wondering on new buildings and other exterior models.
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
12-24-2005, 02:20 AM,

horodnicdragos: Well, if you do download the trial version of 3D Studio Max v8 -here-, PM me and I can tell you further Wink I think Max is the only way to go for someone who wants to develop as a modeller, and the fact that Bethesda used it in creating Morrowind and Oblivion speaks highly of it I think.

As I mentioned to you in the other thread, two things that I personally feel are important right now are Morrowind flora and (to a lesser extent) strongholds.

We might already have an interior tile set for strongholds lined up, as I was talking to Oom Foyat on ESF about the possibility of our team adapting his "Arched Tile Set" for use in strongholds. I think that will work out perfectly. So that would leave the exterior. Do you feel up to creating a huge model that resembles the stronghold exterior from TES3? (see attached screenie) Giving it your own personal touch of course, it doesn't have to be an exact duplicate. In fact if it *was* an exact duplicate, Bethesda and people in general might think the model was just ripped out of the game. A stronghold exterior would be really cool, and you can make it as basic or detailed as you want.

But there's no immediate urgency on a stronghold exterior, and thankfully I'm not the only voice here. Let's hear what Rodan would like to pitch =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]