Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expanded responsibilities
06-19-2006, 03:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by X23
I think we should try to revitalize the other two mods-Valenwood and Elsweyr.
They aren't progressing at all. Valenwood did nothing, and Elsweyr stopped in their tracks. They did have heightmap and some new khajiit races. I heard Arsonide started another mod anyway.

Those mods aren't really connected to us though. It's a bit fuzzy, but things just happened that way that Silgrad, Vvardenfell and Skyrim stuck closer together and has perhaps gotten more work done. Still, the jobs I mention above is specifically meant with the Silgrad Tower mod in mind (atm: Blacklight - Reich Parkeep - Steadhelm - Ebbedin).

Don't forget the Black Marshes, given, they haven't stuck togehter with the rest of Community so much as the above projects have, however should you guys ever wind up making southern Morrowind I suspect that they will become very important to you. They are getting some work done, currently they are working on a Stormhold Beta.

On the topic of the different boards, is it possible to connect them to the sub-forums of affiliated projects to incourage people who stick to the affilliated project's forums to use them? I know that they're open to everyone, but not everyone uses them, and I'd like to encourage that, I know members from Skyrim, and some from the Black Marshes have been reluctant to ask Silgrad people for advice.

As for PR basically I meant I'd give some advice. Its really pretty simple from what I know, you have to keep a thread about it running on the forums with screens and demos to show people that you are working, and you have to recruit agressively, invite people who show interest to come to the team. Also put the name of your project in massive letters in your sig, with a link to your forums, then just post in miscellaneous threads on the forums. I've picked up a lot of great people that way.
06-19-2006, 03:42 AM,

I think we do all htat we have just discussed, as well as droping coments about our mod in other discussion. If we get a hit from someone we can't use, refer them to the other mod projects.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-19-2006, 07:08 AM,

I could help with the PR, but especially with the Video Editing I can help. Though my skills are limited to editing already existing images/video's....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-19-2006, 07:48 AM,

I used to hang out in some teen forum constantly a few years back, I could drop a word about Silgrad in the gaming section there. I even found out one of my old friends from that site used to work for Wizard's Islands :eek:
Artemis Vendu - sucking Vvardenfell dry since 3E 394
06-19-2006, 07:57 AM,

The core has voted yes to DarkAsmodeous heading the PR department for the Silgrad Tower mod.Looking forward to reading more about your proposed strategies later on, DA. Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-19-2006, 09:33 AM,

This looks like a great step forward - here's hoping it catches on and works out well.

About the other projects - Elsweyr, Valenwood and co, I think that as they have started out independantly without the levels of base modelling and other support that the original Silgrad Tower had both from as I understand it the ST team worked together on another mod and brought their stuff over from there and from the huge asmounts of artwork in Morrowind itself. So that in the visual department they really have their work cut out.

What I have tried to do - as has KuKulzA and others is to link them into lore so that they will have a stronger platform from which to visualise and focus their work. Clearly it is very early days for them, and I would like to see a more active technical support being offered from the ST members.

It is a very positive bonus that has enabled Skyrim to benefit from the long-standing friendships that they have with ST, so I hope that your concept here will assist all the associated projects.

PS concept art at a premium for associated projects atm.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-19-2006, 02:02 PM,

I'd like to volunteer for the Video Editing department....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-19-2006, 02:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
I'd like to volunteer for the Video Editing department....

Cool, I asked the guys in the internal thread and we'll have an answer by the end of the day I think. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-19-2006, 02:56 PM,

hm, well, im not appliyign to anything, but i do have a couple of comments.

i dont see a point for a marketing and RP maneger for a mod. partly since i think that trying to shove yourself into everything is just cheap, but partly since you guys have alot of publicity anyways.

there is not much reason for a concept art guy either imho, since you arent realy making anything totaly new. your concept art is your tes3 mod.

and i sugest that who ever is the video guy should have a good computer so that the videos are close to beth quality.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-19-2006, 03:03 PM,

I agree that one can go overboard with "marketing" the mod, but our publicity remains within the circle of people who know about it, nothing wrong with expanding awareness.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I