Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expanded responsibilities
06-20-2006, 09:55 AM,

Thanks Rodan. Will get back to you on that -

The basis is there in Razor's opening post, with 2 additions - the idea of Lore Meister - if Razor agrees then I would like to add that to his post.

There is a further aspect to the 'Marketing and PR' task structure that is implied in Razor's post - recruitment! But I suspect that was not more upfront in the title because people do not like to feel that they seen as pushing others into stuff for fear of being thought uncool? We are not 'selling' for money (which I suspect is what caught Lady Nerevar's edge) but just trying to spread the word...which is what a Town Cryer does! And such a traditional, but new application of an ancient and honorable accupation adds flexibility to the post.

Hows about renaming the Marketing and PR post: 'Town Cryer'?

He/she would have to liaise closely with Video Editing and other departments to get the 'ammo' to attract people...

Again this is something that Razor's time is taken up with, arranging all this stuff himself, and without back-up.

X23 - important call on the heightmapping - that has to be in the Techmonkey department.

I'll add another interesting (poss controversial) task that the techmonkey could look into: activating the exterior surfaces of the Oblivion building tilesets so we can walk on them. :evil grin:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-20-2006, 02:23 PM,

When I used the word 'marketing' I meant it in the sense of a) creating more exposure for Silgrad Tower and b) ensuring that our information is appealing to players and fellow modders. Rather like an advertising campaign really, but not intrusive or in-your-face. A good example of the former is how DarkAsmodeus updated our team's entry on the CS Wiki; it creates exposure by the article just being there for modders to stumble on, and the text is phrased and appended with information that could pique the interest of the modders we would love to see join us.

I've seen a lot of examples on ESF of independent modders who just didn't get how to do that sort of thing. They'd write something along the lines of "I'm making a mod and need ten guys. Join now!" (well, usually longer, but you get my drift)... and that's not very smart. When writing a text like that one has to be able to see through the eyes of a potentially interested reader, giving them enough information for them to gauge if it's interesting to them or not. Because the threshold for reading half a page more text is a whole lot lower than posting a question; if they aren't provided with the information they need, more than likely they'll just shrug and go read another thread.

At the same time the information should preferrably be written by a wordsmith who can mold and phrase it so it plays into the degree of professionality we strive for in other areas, because if it's written by someone with mediocre English skills - like me - it just won't come out as highlighting why we're the most skilled and coolest group on the scene. I have no problems admitting that about myself and recognizing that could be a big part of the reason my RP-Alpha threads on ESF doesn't gain as much attention as they probably could if DarkAsmodeus wrote and maintained them.

raggidman: I appended your "Lore Meister" section to the initial post. I agree it could be good to have a person like that, even if I've personally come to trust KuKulzA's insights into anything related to lore.

Well, this is for the Silgrad Tower team. Other teams, like Skyrim, do a good job with for instance PR'ing themselves - it's we who weren't very good at it in the past. I don't see how we would remedy our shortcomings by talking about the other projects all that much.

Quote:If Arsonide had had this kind of back up maybe he would have stayed on with Elsweyr?

In my humble opinion, if you have to go out of your way to convince a leader to stay with his project then he's already ceased being a leader.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-20-2006, 04:40 PM,

well, im a lore "meister" of sorts. im not knowleged in all areas (daedric realms, dragon breaks, and sumerselt isles to name a few), but im learning up on those.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-20-2006, 06:55 PM,

?( but Razorwingy, why didn't you pop them over to Ed's Corner??? Your stuff is always high quality, it just needs a tiny bit of polishing...

Lady Nerevar, are you seriously volunteering to put the time in? and would you need an assistant to redo your spelling? Wink
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

06-20-2006, 07:01 PM,

Lady, I already did all the research there is to do on the navy, it's not much but its interesting, let me know if you want to hear it,
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-20-2006, 07:04 PM,

raggidman:
I'd rather have someone else than me write those texts from scratch.

I didn't think advising others on lore required perfect writing skills? I thought it had more to do with, well, knowing what lore says or not.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-20-2006, 09:10 PM,

volunteering? im just saying. as far as my opinion on the issue goes i dont believe a official lore master is needed at all (but thats ofcourse not what everyone wants to hear Tongue)
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-20-2006, 09:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
volunteering? I'm just saying. as far as my opinion on the issue goes I dont believe a official lore master is needed at all (but thats ofcourse not what everyone wants to hear Tongue)

Sure sounded to me like you were volounteering, Miss [Image: icon7.gif] But oh well, I'm glad to have you here in either case.
Angel mired in filth
06-23-2006, 08:44 AM,

As I'm currently working with some russian games magazines and sites, dedicated to TES, can I take the Russian PR Manager role?

It includes:
- keeping updated version of mod on russian sites
- posting info on forums
- collaborating with game magazines to include ST on DVD, they send with the magazines
- translating readme into russian
- when mod will be release (i mean not alpha, but release with most of exterior/interiors/landmass/quests/factions/main quest) probably organizing team to adapt and translate mod in Russian. There's russian legal version of Oblivion, so I'll have to make it run on this version.
06-23-2006, 09:30 AM,

:lmao: Wonder what the chances are that Dark Asmodeus speak Russian? Wink
Steven Erikson.