Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighter's Guild Quest 01
01-27-2009, 11:02 PM,
Fighter's Guild Quest 01
This is not the original side, but I just remembered the stereotypical TES first Fighter's Guild Quest! The rat plague! What do you think. Should we carry on the tradition? I vote yes Big Grin
Like .. someone's a pumpkin breeder. And he's bred tamriels BIGGEST PUMPKIN EVER SEEN! (or something like that) .. and then the rats came and ate it. And now you're to kill them. How about a rat queen, living in the left overs of the big pumpkin? That'd be kinda cool Cool

Just an idea, though.

-doc
Deeza:
Quote:Easy - you make it from meat! Cool

I. Main-Quest-Progress:
:check: 55%

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
:check: 15%
01-28-2009, 03:53 PM,

It could certainly be used on the grounds that BM is a place of infestation, plague and disease...I'm just wondering where to go with the rats motif...

Have you read James Herbert's 'The Rats' trilogy? He helped to create a graphic novel called 'The City' with illustrations by one of my favourite fantasy artists, Ian Miller. It wasn't too great but it extended the idea of rats taking over but set in the future when most human beings are dead or have mutated. Nothing is clean and pure anymore in 'The City'.

I'm just wondering if we can give the rats more power and whether, if we can include it, it would be good gameplay to have a real swarm of them onscreen or to go for an uber-rat i.e. a human being with a rat's head or something. Such a thing might even be a perversion of the Hist's creative powers.

If we follow those ideas to their logical conclusion then the FG quests may be themed around plagues and famine and keeping a sense of order in BM. An ultimate showdown with a 'King Rat' could be the conclusion of such a thing... =)...I'm liking this idea the more I think about it.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-28-2009, 08:11 PM,

Nice ideas, guys. This fits neatly into my own ideas for the fighter's guild:

My plan was that to make a change from the normal FG quests, the player actually helps set up a new Fighter's Guild in Black Marsh. I had the idea that a BM branch did once exist, but it was stripped of its Imperial Charter for being riddled with corruption amid accusations of murder. The role the Fighter's Guild would normally play is filled in BM by mercenaries who have a lot less morals.

The general plot arc was this:
A group of mercenaries decide to clean up their act, and form a new Guild to help keep order in what's fast becoming a lawless province. So the player doesn't just do contracts, they also have to fight rival mercenary gangs, get co-operation from local Argonians and even take on unscrupulous Archeins who don't want to see a legal Guild muscling in on their mercenaries. Ultimately, the Imperial Charter would be restored, with the player ending up as the first boss of the new branch.

I like Ibsen's idea of an epic showdown with the "King of Rats" - it's almost getting into a spoof of the first FG quests, and I think fantasy games often take themselves too seriously.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-28-2009, 08:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
I like Ibsen's idea of an epic showdown with the "King of Rats" - it's almost getting into a spoof of the first FG quests, and I think fantasy games often take themselves too seriously.

:yes: It's quite surrealist and nudges us more into the realms of high fantasy....which is a definite plus IMO.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-28-2009, 09:18 PM,

I am not very sure if I would like a king of rats. It might be a bit to over the top. Although that is just my opinion.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
01-28-2009, 09:20 PM,

I was simply proposing him for the first mission, not for the complete fighters guild quest line, people. The rats were just supposed to feed the first mission ^^
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-28-2009, 09:22 PM,

I do like it for the first quest though, I mena, we should keep traditions alive right?
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
01-28-2009, 09:33 PM,

Thats what i was talking about ^^
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-28-2009, 09:42 PM,

OK then.

What do you think in general about my "restart the Fighter's Guild" idea?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-28-2009, 10:10 PM,

I generally like it, because it's an all new setting, not the old "join the guild, do something, rank up, do more stuff, rank up. there you go, have the master's room and enjoy 200 gold/week!". It's all about building. You could even create a whole fort for them, slowly getting bigger and more crowded. ..I like it! :yes:
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress: