Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Village type thing
06-27-2005, 09:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkEclipse
I'm such an idiot... thank you.

The picture's file size is too big, so I'm trying the esp itself now.

Don't worry about it. You know a lot more about the internet at 13 than I did, so when comparing lifespans, you actually have a headstart over me. The internet didn't even exist when I was 13 Wink

kk will check out your plugin asap.

But how come the picture is over 500 kb? You must be doing something wrong, I think. Save it as a jpeg with 25% compression and see if it helps. Even when I made huge 1600x1200 pictures, the filesize didn't grow above 350kb with 25% compression.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-27-2005, 09:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I'm such an idiot... thank you.

The picture's file size is too big, so I'm trying the esp itself now.

Don't worry about it. You know a lot more about the internet at 13 than I did, so when comparing lifespans, you actually have a headstart over me. The internet didn't even exist when I was 13 Wink

kk will check out your plugin asap.

But how come the picture is over 500 kb? You must be doing something wrong, I think. Save it as a jpeg with 25% compression and see if it helps. Even when I made huge 1600x1200 pictures, the filesize didn't grow above 350kb with 25% compression.

I can't imagine not having internet.

I dunno why the picture is so huge... it's 3.15 MB. That shouldn't happen.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
06-27-2005, 09:54 PM,

Quote:it's 3.15 MB
sounds as the filesize of the original .bmp screenshot (1024x768 perhaps). Could you describe how you brought it to .jpg format?
06-27-2005, 09:59 PM,

When I took it it was a bmp, so I changed it to a jpg by process of re-naming. I don't think I should have done that.
06-27-2005, 10:03 PM,

When I took it it was a bmp, so I changed it to a jpg by process of re-naming. I don't think I should have done that.

That might be why your "zip" file didn't work. No you need to resave the bitmap in a graphics program, such as JASC Paintshop Pro from http://www.jasc.com. It's very easy to do, just open it in PSP then press F12 then find "jpeg" in the dropdown list and click save. I checked out your village exterior and I think it looks nice, but to use it, we'd need interiors and NPCs for the shacks as well. Smile

For reference, most of the exteriors are in -4, -8 and some in -3, -8.
The exterior models are "ex_de_shack_05".
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-27-2005, 10:10 PM,

Thats right. the part of the filename behind the dot indicates what format the image data has. changing it would not only leave the imagedata unchanged but also give other programs the wrong information about how to handle that data.

i suppose you did the same with the zip file you uploaded? If razorwing now changes back the ending of the downloaded .zip file to .bmp he will be able to view it on his computer. Sadly .bmp files are not very handy for internet browsers.

let me explain it on an example:
if you have a bitmap file with a stright 100 pixel long white line in its first row the data for that will consist of 100 times the number 256 (for white).
an other format, .gif, will store the data as "color 256 100 times", plain: 256 100, that are only two numbers. thats the reason why most image formats are smaler than bmp.
the example is simplified as in reality bmp stores the information about a pixel in four numbers for each pixel and gif plays even more tricks on the data do get the file smaler. The varity of image formates (gif, jpg, png ...) comes as there are different methods of shrinking the data.

just changing the filename does not calculate the data to an other format. but apllieing a progam to it and let it change the format would do.

Razorwing, do you know a freeware image conversion program, that we can give him?

[EDIT: obviously i'm getting old, i'm typing too slow Wink]
06-27-2005, 10:11 PM,

I have JASC on my other computer, but not this one. And thanks for the screen-shots.
06-27-2005, 10:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Nerevarine
Razorwing, do you know a freeware image conversion program, that we can give him?

FastStone is pretty good I think, and it's freeware. Here are more freeware image converter programs. Smile
Personally I use Paintshop Pro for image conversions. Especially handy when batch converting a couple dozen Mw-generated bitmaps.
Angel mired in filth
06-27-2005, 10:41 PM,

So, as you now have a conversion program either JASC or FastStone, you can open the .bmp files with it and than save it in an other format.

To save a file, click on the Menu "File" the Entry "Save as..". Again, only giving the file a name with an other file ending would not work. you have to tell the program which target format you want by selecting the format from the "Filetype" or "Type" (wording depends on program) field in the "save as"-dialogue.
06-28-2005, 12:53 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Nerevarine
So, as you now have a conversion program either JASC or FastStone, you can open the .bmp files with it and than save it in an other format.

To save a file, click on the Menu "File" the Entry "Save as..". Again, only giving the file a name with an other file ending would not work. you have to tell the program which target format you want by selecting the format from the "Filetype" or "Type" (wording depends on program) field in the "save as"-dialogue.

Thanks, I'll check those programs out later.

Anyhow, what'd you think of the esp?