Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Village type thing
06-28-2005, 01:04 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkEclipse
Quote:Originally posted by The Nerevarine
So, as you now have a conversion program either JASC or FastStone, you can open the .bmp files with it and than save it in an other format.

To save a file, click on the Menu "File" the Entry "Save as..". Again, only giving the file a name with an other file ending would not work. you have to tell the program which target format you want by selecting the format from the "Filetype" or "Type" (wording depends on program) field in the "save as"-dialogue.

Thanks, I'll check those programs out later.

Anyhow, what'd you think of the esp?

To expand on what I mentioned above:

I checked out your village exterior and I think it looks nice Smile

But to use it, we'd need interiors and NPCs for the shacks as well, because we're trying to finalize our mod and adding exteriors without interiors or NPCs this late in the game would only add more slots to the to-do-list.

If you add interiors and detail them, and a couple of NPCs here and there, then I'd wager your work would be welcomed with open arms Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-28-2005, 01:16 AM,

I can do that easy. Expect it at least by tomorrow, interiors NPC's and all.

EDIT: Should I name it?
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
06-28-2005, 02:28 AM,

I can do that easy. Expect it at least by tomorrow, interiors NPC's and all.

EDIT: Should I name it?

If you want, you could download Beta 3 + the latest internal release and load them up before you load your plugin in the CS, then scout for a nice location for your village. Latrys Island - the gargantuan island off the coast - is quite empty as far as civilisation goes, and could easily accomodate your village.

Don't build on the southernmost tip though. It'd probably be best to build somewhere north of the Daedric shrine.

Whichever cell you pick, it should have a low reference count, so the framerate doesn't drop if you plant a couple of NPCs among the exteriors. Try to get the reference count of the exterior cell you choose up to 400 unless it's heavily detailed already. As I'm sure you already know, be very careful so you don't touch anything that isn't placed there by your mod. That causes the dreaded doubling bug. Landscape is another matter, for some reason... you can adjust the earth levels as you want, it never causes doubling bugs, but may cause other bugs. For example, lower it in the wrong place and a mesh becomes floating in air. If you add trees or rocks, make sure to color the vertices underneath it with some shade of gray. Doublecheck the edges where your landscape textures meet, so there aren't any sharp transitions. If there are, just plant a rock above the join to cover it up, that's what I usually do.

For interior cells you could go as high as a reference count of 600 but I doubt you could cram that much into a little hut and still make it look good... so use your judgement, but feel free to detail the interiors as much as you like. You could check out "Sethalia's Hut" in Reich Parkeep for an example of how much detail can be added to a small interior:

[Image: normal_Reich_Parkeep_Sethalias_Hut.jpg]

Also feel free to baptize the village anything you fancy, and make it as elaborate as you want. You don't have to rush it, a good mod project takes time. Smile

I've been working on my current project for, oh, 40-50 hours now I think.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-28-2005, 04:02 AM,

Thanks for the tips. I might take a few more days... I'm just more used to doing entire citys in one sitting. No social life :goodjob:

I'm taking it I'm allowed to name my humble village.

Ed.Razorwing: Yup, name it as you like. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Edit: GAH! You edited my post! Lucky admins.
06-28-2005, 08:25 PM,

I need to get started moving this village over to it's spot... haven't even started.

UPDATE: Found a nice spot on that island, and I stuck some nice things in there... Mind if I get rid of one tree to make a path?
06-30-2005, 04:11 PM,

Thanks for the tips. I might take a few more days... I'm just more used to doing entire citys in one sitting. No social life :goodjob:

LOL -- join the club! :banana:

Not bad, DE. Sounds like you are off to a very good start with your village.

A suggestion. Maybe you could add a dark secret to the village? Like a smugglers' den or a slaver market. Or a 6th House shrine.
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
06-30-2005, 05:03 PM,

Eh... A problem has arrived, and brought with it ti's house. I might have to start over and try something different...

I was sick and not really paying attention, and I deleted my interiors and NPC's.
Gah... This happens alot with me. I'm gonna try some Redoran buildings.
07-06-2005, 09:00 PM,

Sometimes the only thing that matters is determination. This is really what separates the modders from the wanna-be's. The second group only knows how to dream up impossible mods and beg others to make them. The first group is the one that actually rolls up the sleeves of their shirts, studies the modding tutorials, and releases mods.

Every modder has encoutered huge setbacks. That is the nature of the hobby. I have wrecked several good projects myself, just from not knowing enough about what I was doing. (Cenobite's Tip of the Day: Do not create anything taller than Red Mountain.) What makes a modder? Not recognizing that there is such a thing as a permanently fatal setback. Only temporary setbacks that must be overcome.
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
07-08-2005, 12:44 AM,

Wow... That was... inspiring.

My village will be completed... When I'm done with it, naturally. And that will hopefully be sometime in the next month, in which case you will find it in the Warehouse, with screen-shots! Thank you all for your help! *Turns to leave, and trips over a rock*
07-08-2005, 01:20 AM,

Wow... That was... inspiring.

My village will be completed... When I'm done with it, naturally. And that will hopefully be sometime in the next month, in which case you will find it in the Warehouse, with screen-shots! Thank you all for your help! *Turns to leave, and trips over a rock*

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing how your village turns out =)
If you happen to get it done before July 30th it can be included in the next full release (if you want that). We're going to try and get the full release on one or more game magazine DVDs. But don't let that stress you though, it's not a deadline; we're going to do the same with the final release, which will be finalized sometime during the autumn (october maybe).
Angel mired in filth