Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hortator
02-27-2006, 10:40 PM,

uhh... i just meant this:

the Hlaalu should have to kill the Redoran, Telvanni, Indoril and Dres

and the Redoran kills the Hlaalu and Telvanni, and the Hlaalu kills the Indoril and the Telvanni kills the Dres (you allies get killed first, so you end up with all the hortator stuff anyway...)

and Telvanni kills the Hlaalu, Redoran, Indoril, and Dres

or we could, y'know make it simple and just do:

well the Hlaalu should have to kill the Redoran and the Telvanni...
and the Redoran kills the Hlaalu and Telvanni....
and Telvanni kills the Hlaalu and Redoran...

and just leave out the other two...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
02-27-2006, 10:59 PM,

but if the other two are involved... they might as well have their own Hortators....

but doing anything of this sort involves fleshing out the Great House War MQ....
I think I have some ideas for the war-room idea...
02-28-2006, 12:15 AM,

I dont see why the Dres and Indoril need horators. The house war is based in Vvardenfell and is between the three that have major power there, so I doubt they need a horator at the time
02-28-2006, 12:18 AM,

I agree with Harikari.
02-28-2006, 12:56 AM,

...yeeaaahhhhh.....
I just felt that the Indoril and Dres would've been trying to ge a Hortator of their own due to their pride...
.....but lets discuss that a little later alright?

but, anyhow... here are ideas for picking Hortators!
to become a Hortator if...
  1. get all the votes from all the councilors
  2. get approval from all the factions of the Alliance
  3. pass the Hortator's test... (alive)
For Hlaalu that would mean getting approval from all councilors, the Imperial authority, and the Nords. As For Redoran that would be getting approval from the Redoran Council as well as Indoril and Dres leaders. And for the Telvanni, you must meet with the House of Troubles, the Telvanni Council, all the betmer leaders, and the Ashkhans of the Erabenimsun and Zainab who were chosen by the tribes to represent the Molag Amur tribes and the Grazeland tribes.
Then you need to pass a test...

as Hlaalu:
Rethan will have you teleported to a special obstacle course (an interior region set apart from all else). It will have traps, enemies, mazes, etc. The goal is to get the golden scale (like a weight scale) at the end of the course. The course will be guarded by a few undead, a few outlaws sent to be in this arena of sorts, and ogres imported from Cyrodiil. At the end is a Dwemer Goliath (like those giant robots that were never finished construction).... you must use guile and agility to hit the weak point of the robot to shut it down and grab the golden scale.
as Redoran:
go to the Dueling Lodge where an arena beasts will be prepared. The Hortator-to-be must fight a captured Ashlander warrior, Redoran warrior, 3 atronachs and then.... You must choose which one you want to fight... a Dremora Lord, a Grahl captured and brought from Solstheim, or a specially trained arena Kagouti.... the Dremora Lord will put up a deadly, fast fight... he will be clever and will strike hard... you will find it hard to reach him due to his long ax; it is a test of will-power. The Grahl is a test of strength, he can regenerate lost health quickly since he is a troll... but use fire to your advantage.... well if you have any... and the Arena Kagouti is a test of endurance... the Arena Kagouti has specially bred to have a thicker hide, plated with bronze, tusks pointed with steel... and trained to be relentless...
as Telvanni:
go to Sakin Kushkallit who will have the Hortator teleported to a seperate interior... a cavern system... fight your way through the cavern and then reach the end of it where Sakin will await you... throughout the caves are enemies of all types, Daedra, undead, creatures, warriors wanting to be Hortators but lost on the way... and blighted beasts as well... their is no cleverness involved, nor a boss-battle... you just need to survive... against constant attack from enemies and unexplored terrain to navigate...
03-31-2006, 02:39 AM,

whatever....
as Helseth's guys you get to be Hortator of two Houses- Hlaalu & Dres
as the traditionalists you get to be Hortator of- Indoril, Redoran, & Telvanni

although the traditionalists own more land on Vvardenfell, they have less resources
03-31-2006, 03:12 AM,

I don't really think you should need to get the Nords' approval to be Hortator. It seems like any alliance with the Nords wouldn't be a really open, active thing. A behind-the-scenes kind of thing. I can understand getting Ashlander support, as they have their own form of war learder, but why should you need betmeri support to be hortator?
03-31-2006, 03:20 AM,

you are the Hortator
you lead the entire alliance's forces through example and bravery
if a member of that alliance has no love for you
they will not fight for you
and then the Hortator role is useless...

you aren't a Hortator of the Nords or betmer, but you want their support... although it is entirely ok for the Telvanni or the Redoran or the Hlaalu just top name it themselves but having your allies agree is a good thing no?
03-31-2006, 03:23 AM,

when you put it that way it makes sense, just gathering the support of your allies. i guess I was thinking of it in just the traditional sense, as being a war-leader of Great Houses.

Still don't think you should need the Nord support, because as I understand from the other thread, you want to make the Nords be a behind-the-scenes arrangement with King Helseth, so there wouldn't really be any open dealings with them. The Nords would keep attacking whether they support you or not, as they've already made whatever arrangements they had with Helseth.
03-31-2006, 03:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by VTI
when you put it that way it makes sense, just gathering the support of your allies. I guess I was thinking of it in just the traditional sense, as being a war-leader of Great Houses.

Still don't think you should need the Nord support, because as I understand from the other thread, you want to make the Nords be a behind-the-scenes arrangement with King Helseth, so there wouldn't really be any open dealings with them. The Nords would keep attacking whether they support you or not, as they've already made whatever arrangements they had with Helseth.
true true.... but they aren't going to announce it... in fact it is safer not to reveal the indentity of your Hortator... who knows, the enemy might hire a Morag Tong assassin to kill him.... so you wouldn't announce it
but I do see where you are going with this and it is a valid point... maybe when it comes to an agreement with say Nords or Imperials it is simply talking to their leader and not a formal ceremony...