Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you find out about Silgrad Tower?
09-09-2006, 11:55 PM,

I found it through the TES4vvardefell moddb. I registered so I could see all the concept art and stuff hosted here.
09-10-2006, 01:08 AM,

Well, it began when I just got Oblivion, I discovered the construction set and me and Aether made a Ka Po' Tun race and posted it on Planet elder scrolls, the Akavir mod found it it and expressed interest so Cog contacted us and asked if we wanted to join, so we did. After a while in the Akavir mod Me and Aether became interested in making our own mod, so we started one on Aldmeris. We did some advertising on ESF and some of the people that decided to join were LavaLampMaster and DarkAsmodeous. After a few days DA said he thought we were ready to join BC, I had no Idea what that was so he explained it to us and held the vote, we were favored in and here we our.
Akavir race modder and texturer
09-10-2006, 03:03 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Orodromis
Well, it began when I just got Oblivion, I discovered the construction set and me and Aether made a Ka Po' Tun race and posted it on Planet elder scrolls, the Akavir mod found it it and expressed interest so Cog contacted us and asked if we wanted to join, so we did. After a while in the Akavir mod Me and Aether became interested in making our own mod, so we started one on Aldmeris. We did some advertising on ESF and some of the people that decided to join were LavaLampMaster and DarkAsmodeous. After a few days DA said he thought we were ready to join BC, I had no Idea what that was so he explained it to us and held the vote, we were favored in and here we our.

What he said Cool

[mod=TheImperialDragon]We are both modding communities, and should have respect each other. Smile I know there was probably no bad intentions here, so no worries.[/mod]
Akavir mod texturer and race modder
09-10-2006, 03:07 AM,

I'd perused the website for ST when it was being made for Morrowind and one day I decided to look at the forums (this was when Oblivion had come out.) I wanted to get into modding so a buyable house for Skyrim seemed like a good option. And here I am Smile
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

->Sir Winston Churchill
09-10-2006, 03:16 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Aetherius
=EDITTED=
please, we aren't here to disrespect :yes:
09-10-2006, 03:20 AM,

Yup yup yup, according to google we are the "huge oblivion mod" out there! Tongue Both results show us: link

Thanks for sharing your stories, they were very interesting to read! Smile I find it interesting that Tamriel Rebuilt is part of so many of our stories. Do you guys think it's possible that most of us, like myself incidentally, had an innate desire to join a mod team before finding out about Silgrad Tower, rather than first finding out about Silgrad Tower and then becoming interested in the idea of joining a team?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-10-2006, 03:36 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Do you guys think it's possible that most of us, like myself incidentally, had an innate desire to join a mod team before finding out about Silgrad Tower, rather than first finding out about Silgrad Tower and then becoming interested in the idea of joining a team?

Well, that wasn't the case for me, the other way around. Big Grin
09-10-2006, 04:51 AM,

I was totally interested in joining Tamriel Rebuilt. Silgrad Tower was just less confusing and through possibly a series of coincidences seemed a bit more friendly. Now my alliances stand firmly with ST. Big Grin
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
09-10-2006, 03:02 PM,

That's what happened with me.

I'm a bit confused about ST and TR. Did they used to be a team? And when I visited TR, I couldn't find any mods, and, is there more mods in ST than I think, all I know is Skyrim, Vardenfell, Valenwood, Black Marshes, Elsweyr, Akavir, and Aldmeris.
Akavir race modder and texturer
09-10-2006, 03:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Orodromis
That's what happened with me.

I'm a bit confused about ST and TR. Did they used to be a team? And when I visited TR, I couldn't find any mods, and, is there more mods in ST than I think, all I know is Skyrim, Vvardenfell, Valenwood, Black Marshes, Elsweyr, Akavir, and Aldmeris.

FAQ
-------

If I remember correctly, I found Silgrad while lurking on the ESF. I really don't like posting there because people there seem to be ignorant jerks, so I just steer clear of it. While browsing for mods, I came across a discussion that led me here. I lurked for a few days, trying to get a feel for the community (assuming it was just another ESF type, jerk filled forum) and decided to post one day. I was overwhelmed at how nice and welcoming all the members were. It seems we've kept that tradition up very well throughout the years.

Silgrad Tower was the first huge landmass mod I downloaded, and most definately the best.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere