Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial Desert Corps Questline Brainstorm
08-11-2006, 10:35 PM,
Imperial Desert Corps Questline Brainstorm
Stationed in: Rimmen, or around it. That's where their strongest present and barracks are.

Objectives: Increase Imperial influence, defend Imperial forts and locations from the Renrijra Krin, crack down on the Thieves' Guild, put an end to general lawlessness.

Equipment received: You'll get Imperial Desert Corps armour piece by piece, by the time you become highest ranked you'll have a full armory of Imperial Desert armor and arms. Of course, you'll get paid per quest, and you gain access to the guilds services.

Ranks: (These are stock Morrowind, I'd use them as a base, but I want to change them around a bit too.)
[blockquote]Recruit
Spearman/woman
Trooper
Agent
Champion
Knight Errant
Knight Bachelor
Knight Protector
New additions: Legionnaire (Replacing spearman (Need confirmation. DA?)
Knight of the Imperial Dragon, if included will definately be the highest rank.
Lancers, will use lancers using power attacks for swords.[/blockquote]

Ideas: Change Spearman into Legionnaire, as it doesn't make sense to call it a spearman when spears aren't standard issue in the Legion Tongue

Edit: Added missed words and typos.
08-11-2006, 10:48 PM,

No 'Knight of the Imperial Dragon' rank?
Your monkeys dance on the Tower and the stars change and you do not remember.
08-11-2006, 10:49 PM,

You gave me a good idea, I want lancers in the desert corps.

The Desert corps. should be small stations of very tight knit companions, people who have gone through hell and back. The should be usualy outnumbered, held tight together in a dune with desert wind kicking up sand, the can see nothing but the sky above them, suddenly a group of bandits close in around them, they switch formation, three lancers move to the outside held to push them back as the archer prepares to fire, the two swordsman wait for the combat to start, the khajiit disapear in the sand, a lnacer sees movement and impales him, they all spread out into the sand as the battle rages on, each watching hte others back as best they can. Thats how I see it.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-11-2006, 10:52 PM,

Agree'd, they should be small stations for the most part. But there should also be a large reserve at Rimmen, right?
08-11-2006, 10:53 PM,

Yes, more of a planning, storage, and defense station thatn an active garrison.
08-11-2006, 11:00 PM,

Maybe the Desert Corps could be responsible for guarding small supply stations and the like, in the desert/along roadways, for travellers.
08-11-2006, 11:01 PM,

They should also be the target, unlike in other more lawful provinces where they are enforcers, its like Iraq, they never know when they are going to be assaulted and how.
08-11-2006, 11:03 PM,

Of course. However, their primary goal should be to keep the province 'imperialized,' and safe for travel and that sort of thing.
08-11-2006, 11:25 PM,

Yes, I want the legion to be a target, but at the same time giving a false sense of superiority from targetting someone else.

Hrafnkel: Hey, the ranks are open to discussion, I just posted the MW ones for a reference and starting point.

DA: The only way I can see lances being implemented is if the staff animation is used. I say it's safer to use built in things, then when a basis is there we can start customizing it more.
08-11-2006, 11:30 PM,

I have seen some wonderful spear mods, they don't look half bad with the sword animations, just give the lancers power attack AI, thrusting the lance.