Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial Guard Guild ideas
07-01-2006, 01:10 PM,
Imperial Guard Guild ideas
This is a combination of Fighters Guild and Imperial Legion on Vvardenfell whose unique conditions and weakness have led them to merge. Because of their Fighters Guild side, they are mercenary to an extent. Because their Legion side, they are Imperial guards. Thus their survival is decided by Duke Vedam Dren who has decided merging them is a good idea and gave a charter for this guild. Although this is a guild, let us look at the big picture...

The Duke is not totally supportive of Helseth; yes he serves him as a Duke but he wants peace, not civil war, and he wants Redoran, Telvanni, and Hlaalu to co-exist. So when he sees the Morrowind Legions rolling in and taking and absorbing Moonmoth, Firewatch, Pelagiad, and Firemoth, as well as making minor outposts and garrisons on Vvardenfell... he is definitley concerned.
1. his power is being undermined by Helseth's forces, so he cannotmake demands without going through the Morrowind Legions
2. his own forces and security are being overrided and his Legions absorbed into the Morrowind Legions
3. Peace will be much harder to maintain with brutal Dunmeri Legions so close to Telvanni and Redoran lands who are in alliance*
*as of now, before war, the alliance is anti-Hlaalu only if Hlaalu attacks and so currently onlyan economic anti-Hlaalu, so they don't need to trade with Hlaalu and only with each and with Indoril and Dres.

so Duke Vedam Dren wants to establish a powerful Guild to make sure he is safe, and peace can be attained. So far he has two weak factions, the Fighters Guild which lost much leadership, and also lost much in the Daedric invasions... and the Legions which are growing thin.. the Gnisis Deathshead Legion has many who resigned and joined Redoran or the Valenvaryon, the Moonmoth ones are absorbed by the Morrowind Legion as are Pelagiad's, and the Buckmoth were wiped out by Daedra when they attacked Ald-ruhn. Thus he has two small and weak factions...
Dren needs to be able to counter Helseth's influence, and also wants the new Guild to be a big mercenary-service with Imperial influnce to GUARD not ATTACK, so that the Houses will use less of their troops and hire for low cost Guard mercenaries... thus be less war-inclined...

(his intentions are good but of course we know a war will break out anyhow ...when war breaks out, the Guard Guild will stop lending services and most will be recalled to Ebonheart to protect it against everyone and maintain its neutrality. )

so knowing all of this guys, think of quest ideas please....
the leaders are co-consuls like the old Roman Legions... Percius Mercius of the Fighters Guild side and probably Frald the White of the Hawkmoth Legion, the only one not defecting or being absorbed (also the strongest Legion).....
07-01-2006, 01:42 PM,

Well first you'd get a few mercanary quests. Heres a few

1 Kill some random guy that a noble hates.

One of the nobles hires you to kill some criminal guy (You'd have to put why in the quest) and gives you a silver claymore. You go upt o him, but he knows you're after him. He asks you to spare him and instead kill the noble and frame him. if you kill the noble you get more money from the guy than from the fighters guild. Have ti that he didn't really do anything to become a criminal

You return to the fighters and either get no pay or get a pay. This might not be suited. But this is just the first quest and can be a "Clear the rat cave" quest.
07-02-2006, 05:08 PM,

Most of the quests could be peaceful quests or breaking up fights.

Like stopping a drug trade.
Stopping 2 armies from fighting each other.
Killing a rogue Banditwarlord.
Killing sixth house exetremeists.
killing cammong tong.
trading liqour and weapons.
Guarding an important person.

And maybe have a top leader they nominate. Like Frald the White and Percius nominate this so called really good general who served in both the fighters guild and legion back 6years ago.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-02-2006, 06:49 PM,

Good idea EK!

:bananarock:
Boil-em, Mash-em, Stick-em in a stew!

Golems: 9/??
Jiihat: 17/30
Leader of the Khajiit (name undecided): 23/30 braids in the mane

The fort itself:

Interiors: 0%
Exteriors 24%

For Kvatch!
07-03-2006, 10:16 PM,

note, it is a guard guild... so it is very unique....
not about killing or stealing or anything, it is about protecting... so as long as the client is protected you are fine, but he/she or his/her targeted object is hurt or taken, then you lose out...
07-07-2006, 05:33 AM,

Guard Certain Imperial nobles.

Quest Idea: You an 2 men have been hired to protect a certain imperial officer who is about to sign a deal with Hlaalu of placing more troops into the war effort except the sigining isnt til dawn. So assassins will come and try to remove this certain person. 1 by 1 the 2 guards will die and you will have to kill the 3 assassins who are the MoragTong reward is like 600gold.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-22-2006, 04:57 PM,

It might be cool if there was a riot or something you had to break up.

You could complete it in two ways:
1 Kill everyone who's fighting

2 Find the leaders of each side and kill them

#2 would be harder but would have a greater reward because you're sparing lives.
"If you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."
- TesIV Vvardenfell
07-22-2006, 05:46 PM,

Or negotiate with the leaders. Just for another option.
07-28-2006, 12:11 PM,

I have an idea for a short line of side quests. An extension of a previous idea.

First quest: A former FG member has a guard post at a crossroad. Preferably encountered during the Imperial Guard quest line. He says that he's been encountering an alarming amount of undead attacks and he's concerned that ghosts might start showing up. He's sent a courier to the Ebonheart (or the closest major base) quartermaster requesting silver weapons but the response was that none could be spared. When the quartermaster is encountered, he repeats the same thing but after pressing, he gives the location of a necromancer lair. Most likely with some magic weapons. Get through it and a container is found with a few low end enchanted daggers, shortswords, or war axes. Alternately, a quest item called "Small sack of weapons." Bring those to the guard that was originally encountered and he says the undead attacks have ceased because of that raid. He offers a cash reward for the assistance.

Second quest: A letter is delivered from a high ranking member requesting a meeting. He shows some appreciation for easing tensions between members and asks for some help. As a new member, the PC has no stake in either of the previous sides, which is ideal for what he has in mind. The orders are to speak with the older members and see if there's any major dissent without drawing attention. Fighters Guild and Imperial Legion topics are added and with a little questioning, the player's pointed to someone from the old FG. Get his disposition high enough and he admits some dissatisfaction but says that another FG member is taking it too far. Return to the quest-giver and he gives some form of reward and offers the last quest.

Third quest: The PC is ordered to investigate the supposed disloyal member. If evidence is found, arrest him. A warning is given that if he's killed during the arrest, it will cause major complications. If the player can sneak, they can watch him have a conversation with a Cammona Tong member about sabotaging the guild's operations. If not, there's a letter hidden in his room at HQ from the person in the previous quest refusing an offer to join in his plans. In either case, his Cammona Tong contact attacks. Afterwards, speak with him and if he's not talked down, he'll fight to the death. If he is talked down and arrested, a good magic item is given at the end. If he's killed, no reward is given.
07-28-2006, 12:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by csksc
I have an idea for a short line of side quests. An extension of a previous idea.

First quest: A former FG member has a guard post at a crossroad. Preferably encountered during the Imperial Guard quest line. He says that he's been encountering an alarming amount of undead attacks and he's concerned that ghosts might start showing up. He's sent a courier to the Ebonheart (or the closest major base) quartermaster requesting silver weapons but the response was that none could be spared. When the quartermaster is encountered, he repeats the same thing but after pressing, he gives the location of a necromancer lair. Most likely with some magic weapons. Get through it and a container is found with a few low end enchanted daggers, shortswords, or war axes. Alternately, a quest item called "Small sack of weapons." Bring those to the guard that was originally encountered and he says the undead attacks have ceased because of that raid. He offers a cash reward for the assistance.

Second quest: A letter is delivered from a high ranking member requesting a meeting. He shows some appreciation for easing tensions between members and asks for some help. As a new member, the PC has no stake in either of the previous sides, which is ideal for what he has in mind. The orders are to speak with the older members and see if there's any major dissent without drawing attention. Fighters Guild and Imperial Legion topics are added and with a little questioning, the player's pointed to someone from the old FG. Get his disposition high enough and he admits some dissatisfaction but says that another FG member is taking it too far. Return to the quest-giver and he gives some form of reward and offers the last quest.

Third quest: The PC is ordered to investigate the supposed disloyal member. If evidence is found, arrest him. A warning is given that if he's killed during the arrest, it will cause major complications. If the player can sneak, they can watch him have a conversation with a Cammona Tong member about sabotaging the guild's operations. If not, there's a letter hidden in his room at HQ from the person in the previous quest refusing an offer to join in his plans. In either case, his Cammona Tong contact attacks. Afterwards, speak with him and if he's not talked down, he'll fight to the death. If he is talked down and arrested, a good magic item is given at the end. If he's killed, no reward is given.

I like those ideas... a lot. :yes:

Hmm... I'm kind of unclear on most of them, but from what I understand, I really like. Big Grin

For the first one, if you actually kill the necromancer, there should be an even greater reward, I think.