Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improvised weapons?
09-10-2006, 11:48 PM,
Improvised weapons?
yes i know im a noob dont flame me....
but what about improvised weapons?
It would be a new weapon proficiency in the categories of unarmored, and hand- to- hand. It would take intelligence and agility.
You know...sticks...rocks... if your in a dungeon, then bones.
It depends on where u are at..some places might have big objects and some might have tiny. Some will also last longer than others. for instance a spoon might last longer than a bone...
Or a book might last longer than a stick.
They wont, in general, last a long time at all, since they were not meant to be a weapon in the first place. The more intelligent the person is, the more useful the object he or she finds to the situation.
And i also have an idea for a new race.... again im a noob so if anybody can help with the framework of the lore to which this race must satisfy, i would be most grateful.
09-11-2006, 12:38 AM,

I moved the one that was under general discussion to here. I locked the one in the lore thread. It is not necessary to post more than once.

No one deleted your original post Mal. But I did just move it.
09-11-2006, 03:21 AM,

yea sorry about that...
no hard feelings, i seriously though it got snagged Cool
but o well, thanks
09-11-2006, 03:25 AM,

I would like to have Improvised weapons in Akavir, that would be great for the slaves.

If anyone has suggestions about this, please post them Wink

I have deleted the other thread now :alert:
Akavir mod leader.
09-11-2006, 03:44 AM,

thats cool. Im fine with that.
i mean.. this idea would make Oblivion come to life.
u see a wolf and u dont have a weapon?( a rare occurence)
u reach up and snag a tree limb.
You want to get a guards attention?
Grab a rock and throw it at him from afar.
Masters of this feat will be like jackie chan, being able to take out several guards with one improvised weapon.( A rug for example)
09-15-2006, 11:28 AM,

that seems like it would be hard to do, and what if you didnt want to trow that rock at that guard, oops! i didnt mean to do that, better run!
when you go to court you're trusting your fate to twelve people who aren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Fire in the hole!
09-16-2006, 02:49 PM,

I did find a mod that turns farm implements into weapons.

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=5021

We might be able to use it with existing farm implements. This does mean that other objects can be turned into weapons.

I don't know about an improvising skill. That might be an insanely complex scripting job.
09-16-2006, 03:56 PM,

I think this would not only add strategy to some fights, but alot of comedic relief as well. I would love to pick up a watermellon and smash it over someone's yead...or weild a loaf of stale bread like a not-so-mighty club. :lmao:
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves."

- Ernesto Che Guevara
09-16-2006, 03:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Heywood
I think this would not only add strategy to some fights, but a lot of comedic relief as well. I would love to pick up a watermellon and smash it over someone's yead...or weild a loaf of stale bread like a not-so-mighty club. :lmao:

Yeah, that would be funny. I love it. :lmao:

Dialogue between citizen and guard

Citizen: Um Sir. That soundrel over there just hit me over the head with a breadstick.

Guard: Assault with a breadly weapon.....where is the evidence?

Citizen: I ate it. :lmao:
09-17-2006, 07:19 PM,

Well, you know; makeshift weapons I guess. Rock and piece of wood combined would make improvised club, same could be done with sharp stones.

In fact, you could make an entire improvised weapon series.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.