Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping on the original and not(partly)
10-03-2005, 08:17 PM,
Keeping on the original and not(partly)
Ok i know we want to advance the game in time which makes plenty of sense to me, im not really up on elder scrolls lore so I dont know how much difference in time there is between the two games.

So lets say if there is say 100 years difference we should plan on making all new NPCs to occupy buildings and houses, possibly renaming them, furthermore cities should be expanded and larger (or not be there at all and have a good story to why)
Also old caves and dungeons should all be there, they could be collapsed so you can no longer enter them or they should be occupied by new NPCs. Again, just like cities there should be more mines and dungeons since morrowind is expanding and more people are populating vvardenfell.

Horses? since they are going to be in oblivion wouldnt it make sense that they now are being shipped fedex to morrowind? Or is there something there that prevents the horses from surviving? Again, not up on lore.

Im also thinking it would be a good idea to have a little more orginization when claiming areas. Since we are starting in the bitter coast region we should list all of the previous interiors/exteriors and then create a bunch of new ones. Im a tad concerned because we are supposed to be learning from tamriel rebuilt, in the first months of its exsistance they did the same thing where they would just allow anyone to create whatever they wanted on thier claimed plot of land, there was a town or city or dungeon every 20 feet claimed untill they realized they would have to regulate.
Theres my 2 1/2 cents :yes:
If im not back in 5 minutes...wait longer
10-03-2005, 08:48 PM,

it's 6 years you know....
10-03-2005, 09:25 PM,

Yep. Morrowind started in 427 3E, Oblivion will start in 433 3E.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-03-2005, 09:52 PM,

ok kill that first part of my thread.

the horses i guess wouldnt be very proper unless there were like only a few of them and they are hard to get.

ide love some feedback on the last part from Kakulza and EnnJ since i think they are pretty much leading this project, itd be cool to set some final rules so we dont all kinda wander off and do our own thing
If im not back in 5 minutes...wait longer
10-04-2005, 07:13 AM,

We will probably organize it better once we have the game and the CS, so far we can only come up with ideas and create models and textures and such.
It may be a problem to divide upp things in the beginning of the project but am pretty sure this will work good after a while when we know how to divide the different areas in a better way.

And the horses, It would be fun to have stables and stuff in the towns in Vvardenfell but then we come to the question: Why didn't horses exist in TES3? We need a good reason not to include them as well as we need a good reason to include them. But I would like to see horses as well. =)
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
10-04-2005, 03:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by EnnJ
<snip>
And the horses, It would be fun to have stables and stuff in the towns in Vvardenfell but then we come to the question: Why didn't horses exist in TES3? We need a good reason not to include them as well as we need a good reason to include them. But I would like to see horses as well. =)
Well, I found these at TIL:

Quote:"Sorry, the Empire got smart and discontinued use of Horses in Morrowind. For 2 main reasons... 1: The environment is not suitable for Horses. The ashy air creates bad vegetation for Horses and upon munching on grass and such, they drop dead. Ashgut sounds like a good term for the ash/gastro poisoning. Imagine having charcoal fill up your digestive tract. Cant be a pretty picture, especially when black goo starts leaking from every hole on your body, right before you pop. 2: Dark Elves find horses to be a great dish. The Alpo Bistro! No Imperial guard wants to walk outside his house and see a Dark Elven family picnicking on his steed." Gary Noonan
Quote:"Imperial attempts to introduce Horses to the island have been a failure; Horses seem particularly succeptible to blight." Ken Rolston
Now with the blight gone, we might be able to re-introduce horse back into the populace, but we would have to keep a look out for any hungry Dark Elves. Big Grin
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
10-04-2005, 04:29 PM,

Good stuff, The only problem we need to deal with is the dark elves then :banana:
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
10-04-2005, 06:34 PM,

I have the answer.... (drumroll please!)

well... the city of Ebonheart will now accomadate stables.... depending on mounts in TES4... you may or may not have to feed them if you do you need to equipt them with hay....
yeah import hay from outlanders...

and one other thing.... Jiub.... yes, Jiub...
he later got his freedom from being a prisoner... he made money being a guide for the imperials and later learned to breed horses.... he imports Cyrodiilic hay and Dres saltrice to feed his horse ranch.... it'll be on the West Gash.... he'll be the prime horse-rancher on Vvardenfell.... horses CAN survive on the mainland... but have trouble mostly on Vvardenfell....

he'll be a rich horse-breeder... and your only source of mounts unless you steal one from the legion stables in Ebonheart....

or fulfill a quest from Duke Dren and he'll reward you a horse....

that's my idea
10-05-2005, 02:22 AM,

why is everybody so worried abtou horses when we have gaurs? They are a very sturdy aniaml and probably better siuted to teh rocky terrian of the central island that horses. Rock are very hard on their feet(hence horse shoes). not to mention the horse y be kinda like in daggerdall ti goes where you go(aside from dungeons) even when yoru not on it. While this is slightly doubtfull it may be easily implemented if it seems more convienant.
As the wind blows by the breeze takes me where it will and freely I go to spread peace on the wind.
10-05-2005, 07:54 PM,

yeah, Guars will be more useful on Vvardenfell... they might not be as fast as horses.... but they are sturdier and more available... plus no complications of ash-gut ailment stuff....

but Jiub will have a horse ranch....