Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayoring a small settlement
06-23-2006, 08:41 PM,
Can i try this out?
Hi Razorwing. Dunno if you remember me but I'm from the TES forums.

I have modding experiance and I used to mod for TR (stopped after the new system was introduced).
And would like to ask if I could become a Mayor of a smaller settlement (don't know where to do that).

I am best contacted by PM or MSN but will bookmark this thread just incase. Sorry if I sound like I am at an interview its just that I take my work seriously, and attempt to produce the highest quality of work (as you can tell I know how to appeal to people Cool )

And i love bananas :banana: :banana: :bananarock: :banana: :banana: :bananarock: :banana: :banana: :bananarock: :banana: :banana:

(BTW Razor could you add me to your MSN if you have one?)
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
06-23-2006, 09:26 PM,

Hi there FLESH, welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

I thought I'd answer this part of your post in a new thread, so I copied your post from the other one.

Sure you can mayor a small settlement. Smile
My first question is if you have access to TES III: Morrowind (and both expansions) ? If so, I would suggest downloading our TES3 mod so you can check it out for reference. I'm not sure we'll recreate it piece-by-piece but all the settlements that were there will be here as well, hopefully with a few new ones such as Maar Mok.

If you're able to investigate the old mod first-hand then there's no better way to find a location we used to have and which you think would be fun to bring back, as well as getting ideas for what kind of locations and people used to live there. Legio Argonis and The Ancient Gate are taken, as are Reich Parkeep, Steadhelm and Ebbedin. Let us know which one you would like before starting on it though.

If you don't have access to TES3 I can provide you with screenshots and general information.

It would probably be easiest to mod it in an interior cell in a stand-alone plugin, which can then be transferred to a good spot on the landmass once that has been finished.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-24-2006, 08:31 AM,

Good news razorwing. I have everything you mentioned there + the Silgrad Tower mod. I will check it out for reference but I would like some general information and screenshots first if its not to much of a bother Big Grin
06-24-2006, 10:06 PM,

Cool. Smile

I probably went a bit overboard, but anyway, I added Deepen Meadows to the TES3 map section and took some shots and wrote down information about it. Would you be interested in it?

The full map (you can toggle the size through the links at the bottom):
http://www.silgrad.com/oblivion/images/m...allest.htm

Direct link to the Deepen Meadows info page:
http://www.silgrad.com/cpo/_content/show...main_pages
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-25-2006, 12:02 AM,

Well this seems perfect to start off with. I will take it :bananarock: Oh and some more news Razor I should have the guard house by tomorrow. I have posted a preview check it out

Remember its not finished I'm just searching for a few more items to clutter it with.

Edit: Can I ask do we have those textures and meshes? I could make them myself but that would really slow it down since I havent made any before. But I'll try everything once :goodjob:
06-25-2006, 12:40 AM,

FLESH: Great! We have most of the assets needed, depending on how closely one wants to mimic the old mod. I think gundalf is interested in making an Imperial interior+exterior tileset in the future but I think it would work to use stock Oblivion homes for this village. Maybe the farmhouse homes?

We have the exteriors for the two Redoran buildings and the interiors are being made right now by Caligula Superfly. The Redoran medium walls are done, too. The steps haven't been made yet but are about to be, I think. The special awning for the guardhouse (often called the "Hole" building, listed as #3 in the Alpha) is also made. Most of the Dunmer containers exist, and many of the furtnitures. There's a bit to do in that department. But perhaps if you made the Imperial-style homes first, more Dunmer/Dunmer-Redoran models will be made once you get to Kashi Mantas' Manor?
Angel mired in filth
06-25-2006, 09:38 AM,

OK that great I'll get to work right away.

One more question, I think I remember you or someone else posting saying to make exteriors in interior cells first.
Now this got me a bit confused because what about the details such as hillocks or textures.
Could you just clear this up for me please ?(
06-25-2006, 06:22 PM,

FLESH: Yes exactly. Just pretend there is a landscape in the interior cell, which can have small height variations if you like. Then later on when everything is copy-pasted from that interior cell to a good spot on the exterior landmass, the modder who moves it can just adjust the landscape underneath your village to match up to how you positioned things. If you want you can use collision boxes to further explain how you saw the landscape rise and dip underneath your village; I imagine those collision boxes would make it even easier for the modder who moves it to mold the landscape according to your village layout. Smile
Angel mired in filth
06-25-2006, 07:14 PM,

OK. That acctually is easier. I'll start as soon as I can. And the interior I was working on is finished Cool

EDIT: How do I mkae it so that there is ground everywhere?
06-25-2006, 08:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
EDIT: How do I mkae it so that there is ground everywhere?

You can't do that in interior cells.

But the collision boxes can serve as a guide for the modder who moves your town exterior to the landmass later on.
Angel mired in filth