Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing child (Steadhelm)
04-12-2007, 06:10 PM,
Missing child (Steadhelm)
This Quest has been claimed by Trankintor

And I think I have a good quest for that room...here it is:

You walk in the street in the city, when a woman approaches you, (can be an allready existing NPC, or we will have to make her a new home and such), and asks you if you have seen her baby. When you say that you haven't, she becomes really uppset, and beggs you to find him/her. You will get this journal entry saying that you should start asking around in the city, the guards, the merchants, in the guild halls...
when you ask any guard he will tell you that this isn't the first case of children dissapearing from the city. And that you should talk to the city guard captain, as he is the one that has the most information about the other cases. When you talk to the captain you get some info about
the people that have been active in the search for the other chidren.
One person have been the most driving of them all in every search, exept the parents to the missing childre. The guard captain suggests that you should go and ask her about what she have found during her searches.
When you seek out this woman, you will find her in the Mages Guild hall, there you ask her what she has discoverd during her searches, but she tells you that she have only found very little, that it is pointing to being a beggar that lives in the city.
As you go and investigate and questions this beggar, you will see that it can't be the beggar, as he/she tells you that he/she also have lost a child to a kiddnapper when he/she was younger and wouldn't do that to anyone else. This couldn't the woman in the Mages Guild have known, as she is pretty new in town. You ask the beggar when this new mage came to live in this city, and that is some 3 years ago. You also ge tto know that the children begun to dissapear some months after this mage arrived.
You get back to the mage and asks if she are really sure that she hasn't found anything else, then she becomes really angry and leaves.
You sens that everything isn't right, so you deside to have a look in the mages room, when she is sleeping, and in a looked chest you find a journal. in it there are a lot of entries about the missing children, and what she have done to them, and the newset is about you (PC) has been snooping around and she have to kill you. and her plan is to make sure that you see her going down into the abandoned guard tower, and down there she will kill you, as with the rest of the childre, and some unfortunat other strangers that have disscoverd her dark pleasure in necromancy.
You can't take this journal, as she will see its missing, so you go to the Captain and tell him what you have found out, and asks for some help to get this crazy mage. But the Captain doesn't belive you and wants real proof, but you tell him that you can't, or she will know.
But if you have good speachcraft, or he likes you enough, he will lend you a new recruit of the city guard to follow you when you go after the mage.
later that day, you stay outside the Mages Guild, with the guard standing like he is guarding something, so he won't look susspisios (?) and draw attention from the mage.
you and the guard follows her down into the basement of the old guard tower, and there, in a small room you find a shrine of necromancy with boddies of childre.
When she sees you, she summons one of her creations, a skeleton child warrior (if this can be done, just scale down a normal skeleton? But I can't make new spells, so someone who know how to do, will have to do that), and after that turns the guard into a zombie.
Well, you just have to kill her, and the zombie guard, but if you manage to kill the mage first, the spell on the guard do away, and he turns back to normal, and you get a reward from him, for not killing him (don't know what).
after that you go to the Captain and tells him what have happend, and if the guard still lives, he can tell its true. You get the reward of Honor Guard of the city of Steadhelm, and with that a city guard armor.

When the quest is finished it can be erected some graves in the grave yard, abit from the others, where the children will be burried, and on the stones you can see there names and a thanks to "The hero of the children of Steadhelm", and down in the basement, the boddies will be gone.
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
04-20-2007, 05:55 PM,

This quest is suposed to be linked to a special room in The Old Defense Tower in the city of Steadhelm, and in the prison there also is going to be a journal from a prison guard, that you are going to get after you have killed the mage and before you get your reward. You get asked if you could check the rest of the old tower to see if you can find something that can explain this strange behavior from the mage.

And as you get into the prison guards living quarter, you will fight a skeleton from one of the guards and on him you will find a key that goes to a looked chest, and in there you find the journal.
And here are some of the journal enrties that I have thought about.

(a date that fit to when the tower was abandoned, a couple of weeks before that)"Today we got us a new prisoner. And what I can tell he is of the really bad sort, as I have never seen so many guards leading a prisoner to his cell."

(one day later)"Today we got some papers on this new prisoner, explaining why he is here, and I can tell you that it was not pleasent to read...The most grewsome was that this evil mage, who was a member of the Mages Guild, had a special fancy of eating child flesh, it gives me the creeps just being in the same building of this 'thing'."

(one week later)"I think that my guard companion are begining to get somewhat crazy. I can hear his nightmares, and what he plans to do in them. I have to stop him! I think that this might be the work of the child flesh eating monster we have here."

(one day later)"Today I had to do what I had feared for many days. I have killed my guard pall...But I had to, it was selfdefense, it was he who attacked me. It was when I over hear a conversation with my pall and the monster, and I hear 'Now is the right time to kill him, so that you can set me free so that I can start doing my good work for this world once again'. After hearing that I hurried into our quartes and sat down on a chair. I checked so that my sword was loose in its sheath.
When my pall came in I saw a strange look in his eyes, but just a glimps, like saying 'I'm sorry' but it was gone just as fast as I saw it. Then he drew his sword and attacked me. But from my sitting position I had a good shot piercing him with my sword as he charged me, and that was just what I did."

(the same day)"I had to take a break from the writing, and I had to take care of the corps of my old pall...But back to what happend.
As my pall fell to the ground with just a faint whisper, I could hear a terrifying scream of failiour from the cell compound. I guess that it was the monster that felt his ink to my pall suddenly dissapear. I could also hear him screaming threats about what he was going to do to me, but I just tried to ignore him."

(the next day)"I have found a good way for punishing this monster for what he did. I will let him starve to death, I will not feed him and I will wear something to protect my ears when I'm feeding the other prisoners."

(5 days later)"I think that the monster is dying. He has been cursing me all the time for the past four and a half days, but now he has stoped.
I think that I'll go and watch him for his last hours in life."

(the same day)"I'm...I'm...I'm dying...The monster killed me...as I came to his cell...he stood in his cell...in the middle of the room...when he saw me, he began to laugh...then he begun to chant a curse...of a kind I have never heard him do before...this sounded like the real thing...it was something like this...'This cures I now lay upon this from now on haunted tower, will be that the first one that breaks the seal after this is abandoned, will be infested with my spirit and take up where I left my work undone'...after he was finished, he...gatherd his last powers and threw a spell at me...it broke most of the bones in my body...I won't last long, just to write this...one thing that I must warn of is...is...is that he became a...a...a lich, I think it had to do with the spell he casted...I don't think that he will live long in that form...as I can hear him groaning about that his life spirit is...is leaving him...as it is leaving me right this very second...I'm...I'm...I'm...I'm dead..."

Well, that was the journal that I can come up with, would like some reflections on this one, if it is any good at all. And I do already have a name of this guard, and I have created the chest and the key too, if it would come to that this quest will be in the game.

and btw, I was told by sandor to post this here, mostly for Bob to see, but for the rest of you too :yes:
Finished Claims
Scc0363 |

04-20-2007, 09:07 PM,

Nice Ideas

Moved to the WIP, who exactly is going to be doing these ?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-20-2007, 09:11 PM,

Well, I don't know, but I don't fell for doing them, as I have tried 2-3 differnet tutorials making quests, and all of them was a waste of time, as none of them worked...I would like someone with experience to do this, as I think that some of the things in this quest might be hard to do.
Finished Claims
Scc0363 |

04-20-2007, 09:43 PM,

I hear ya

I am having the same troubles, its difficult for me since I do not have OB and I tend to be a visual hands on person, I have read the tutorials and Sandor has even set me some screenies of a quest and how it is layed out and I still am having trouble putting it together...which I really need to do :eek: but my brain hasn't been working very well these last few weeks I got some things going on here at home Sad

Putting the quests together is actually my job as far as on paper goes, I am suppose to be laying it out so that whoever is doing the claim can just copy what I've typed into the CS and make it work Confusedhrug:

I am hoping to do it correctly the first time, but you know how that goes Smile

Thats really what I was asking: who' claim is this for? sorry for the confusion

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-20-2007, 11:09 PM,

I think you should give questmaking another shot, Trankintor. If you get stuck you can always post a thread and see if someone here knows the answer. Or you could run a search on ESF's Construction Set board, I do that myself from time to time and it's a great way to get info. Google works too sometimes, since it can list info from other boards than ESF or from some tutorial posted on a website. Personally I think the best way of all to understand something is 1) to thoroughly investigate what Bethesda did, and 2) playtest over and over and over and over again until it works. Good luck! Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-21-2007, 07:15 AM,

Ok, I will maybe try it out, but this one is low on my list of doing...
As I somewhat feel that I have to help geting the entire city of Steadhelm finished before I move on to do other stuff, exept heping with the MT quest line, as I find that kind of stuff really exiting and funSmile
Finished Claims
Scc0363 |

04-21-2007, 05:03 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Trankintor
Ok, I will maybe try it out, but this one is low on my list of doing...

If you get stuck, you can also PM me. I've done quests before (doing quests right now), I know how they can be nuissances at times. What are you having problems with exactly?
04-21-2007, 05:30 PM,

:idea2:
Maybe, if you feel so inclined to, this can be a quest where after the leader guy can say "Thank you for solving this. We have been short on recruits lately, would you like to join the Imperial Legion?" or something like that.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
04-21-2007, 06:07 PM,

if you need help with something quest-related, don't hesitate to ask. Goes for bob and trankintor.
The hard part is really the scripting. There are 2 ways to advance a quest stage. Dialogue, and scripting. IMO, dialogue is pretty darn easy. Just add a new topic, say what you want to say, set conditions, set result (advance stage, addtopics, ect), bam, you've got dialogue!

Scripting, you have to say, when x happens, do y. Or when x happens, do y, z, and advance quest. Or if x and y, do z, elseif a, do c, elseif b, do nothing.

that's the hard part, and i'll try to help. I don't pretend that i'm an expert, but (i think) i did a pretty good job on the glassmines quest, though i must give credit to all the tutorials i read, and all the guys who helped me.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!