Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morag Tong Assassin Armor
04-09-2007, 02:45 PM,

Okaaay... my Windows is crashing at the moment so a reinstall is going to get done in some minutes... This will not affect the progress of this project at a noticable level though... I still have no idea what material the shoulderpads are but here's a pic of how the texture looks like at the moment:
[Image: shoulderpadtexphotoshopip0.th.jpg]
That's all I can get out now since 3ds max isn't working Sad
The Beast Who Sliced To Mexico.... why Mexico?
"Not all questions are supposed to have an answer" - Someone
04-09-2007, 02:49 PM,

That's a shame, glad to see it's under control though, I hope it fixes. Big Grin

Amour is looking fantastic! Keep it up. =)
04-09-2007, 04:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by VABG
Okaaay... my Windows is crashing at the moment so a reinstall is going to get done in some minutes... This will not affect the progress of this project at a noticable level though... I still have no idea what material the shoulderpads are but here's a pic of how the texture looks like at the moment:
[Image: shoulderpadtexphotoshopip0.th.jpg]
That's all I can get out now since 3ds max isn't working Sad

the pauldrons maybe chitin perhaps. it'll be a light armor. So very much doubt its steel or anything.
AM NOT A TEXTURER
04-09-2007, 07:20 PM,

Nice work.
04-13-2007, 09:05 PM,

Just wanted to say that my windows is reinstalled and everyting is working okay... but then a huge problem occured... I got my hands on Zelda - Twilight Princess... and now I'm as stuck as the time I got my hands on Ocarina of Time Big Grin (Sad)

Will try to do some stuff on saturday and sunday...
04-14-2007, 05:00 AM,

Just wanted to say that my windows is reinstalled and everyting is working okay... but then a huge problem occured... I got my hands on Zelda - Twilight Princess... and now I'm as stuck as the time I got my hands on Ocarina of Time Big Grin (Sad)

Will try to do some stuff on saturday and sunday...

? du go ellerr!

j/k Wink

Hope you have fun then, but I hope you'll be able to finish the armor suit too so don't enjoy it too much hehe.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-15-2007, 01:10 PM,
Shoulderpadzorz
I got my hands off the controller and here is the result:
[Image: shoulderpadsshowittoeveaw7.th.jpg]
The armor will be alot darker after I've bombed it with vertex painting and about the space between the different layers, it's a "safety distance". My first try at an armor got alot of clipping that I didn't like at all, so I decided to not get this problem (but I'm 95% sure that there will be clipping in the final version).

I'm now going to start with making 2/3/4 other pieces of hanging garment and the weird metallic-looking arms-texture.
After that there's actually not much left. Some models, vertex painting and the worst part... the skinning. I understand why they didn't make these types of armor in the game Sad

Not sure that there is any need to make the pants and such for it... if there's a fitting piece in the game already then I won't do it. Since there are those long pieces of cloth hanging down the legs I may not have any choice in the matter though. And one last thing:
[Image: whuttisthiscf1.jpg]
WHAT IS THIS!!? :OWHOLE PIC
04-15-2007, 01:45 PM,

:pop: Wow, that looks great!

Ah, now I can see it. Big Grin

...and I now have no idea what it is. Confusedhrug:
04-15-2007, 03:45 PM,

looks like part of the greaves, or part of the belt....
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
04-15-2007, 05:57 PM,
RE: Shoulderpadzorz
And one last thing:
[Image: whuttisthiscf1.jpg]
WHAT IS THIS!!? :OWHOLE PIC

That's weird. Hmm... *thinks*

The artwork only seems to show the upper part of the character's body. Maybe the detail you circled is the upper thigh armor, but the concept artist just didn't know where to make it fit in his drawing?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]