Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morag Tong Assassin Armor
04-15-2007, 07:49 PM,

loos like small bonemold pieces guarding the thigh or lower sides of the gut?
04-15-2007, 10:42 PM,

it looks too high up for a thigh piece, more like something on the hip. No idea what though
AM NOT A TEXTURER
04-15-2007, 11:16 PM,

I agree with Lady N when she says it's probably a belt piece. It definitely looks to be about waist height, and to me resembles a small compartment where any one of a huge range of useful items could be kept. It certainly looks large enough to fit potions (or poisons), and could easily conceal throwing knives or throwing stars.

At any rate, it's really nothing to dwell on. The concept is a guide, not the rule, and it's somewhat incomplete, seeing as there's a large white gap in the lower half of the armor
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-16-2007, 02:41 AM,

Very nice mate, looking like it is coming along well.
04-16-2007, 05:28 AM,

it is a belt and those are pouches
http://til.gamingsource.net/gallery/mw_TAoM_p29.jpg
04-16-2007, 02:57 PM,

I've been looking at the pic for some time now, reading your opinions and thinking. There is one part that looks alot like a pocket and some parts that look a whole lot like bonemold.

Soo.... I think a mix is in order. I'll make a/2 pocket(s) and then try to throw some bonemold over that. It will not look like the concept art too much though. The bonemold will cover both sides of the armor and they will be connected with a belt... probably. I believe that it will look cool in the end Wink
[Image: thestuffbj6.th.jpg][Image: noonotebonyisaidbonemoltk1.th.jpg]
That's somewhat my plans for the back. I'm not too good at writing with my mouse but I think that you can read it... If there ever was need for a medium armor-class that is now.

My first try at the belt became ebony! ;(
What are the color limitations for bonemold? (a link to some pics would be nice)

I'll skip the idea with the bonemold stuff for the moment... it's probably too much for a light armor.
The Beast Who Sliced To Mexico.... why Mexico?
"Not all questions are supposed to have an answer" - Someone
04-16-2007, 06:55 PM,

wow, its shaping up real nice. the only thing that bothers me is that this is not very assasin-y armor. the bulk of the poncho limits movement, and the colors are rather bright. i love it as non-assasin armor though Tongue
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
04-16-2007, 09:01 PM,
Not my fault!
Well... there are different types of assassins so... and I'm just following the concept art so. But there's actually some stuff being done right now... and they look somewhat nice Smile

As I've said before, the armor is going to get darker after the vertex painting. And aren't these assassins active in enviorments that require certain protection against say... sandstorms? That's at least what I thought :poorme: PROGRESS-PICS!!!
[Image: hizarmzarezblueztv5.th.jpg][Image: hizarmzarezbluez2kj8.th.jpg][Image: hizarmzarezbluezv2et7.th.jpg]
Not sure that the arms will be any darker. Perhaps a bit less colored... but there will bits and pieces of cloth that will hide alot later. That's the only simple thing about this armor Wink

The third pic is another update. The textures for the arms are not the final version... I was thinking about using eeh... whoever it was's idea of using bandage-like stuff on the rest of the arms (where there's no bump).
The Beast Who Sliced To Mexico.... why Mexico?
"Not all questions are supposed to have an answer" - Someone
04-18-2007, 05:42 PM,

Beutiful!
Felix WP
Self inflicted fractures.
I replace my bones with bars.
Aluminium,
Bleeding oxide.
The drug of Gods into my pounding veins.
04-18-2007, 06:55 PM,

Looks great!
Good job. Smile