wow that is awesome! :bananarock:
04-19-2007, 04:34 AM,

:pop:

Wow, 2 things:

1. I think the arms may have acually just been bare dunmer arms
2. Promise not to leave without notice like many other modelers here :poorme:
Lol what?
04-19-2007, 05:50 AM,

Very very nice work man, its looking great so far. And I really like how you are sticking to the concept art.
04-19-2007, 07:34 AM,

IAMTHEEMPEROR, the truth is... I don't know how to make the arms look different depending on wich race you are Blush But then I also think that it would be weird to not have protection on the arms when the rest of the armor seems very "anti-sandstorm"-y since that's somewhat my general idea of the design. Will have to stop writing now or else I'll be late for school.
The Beast Who Sliced To Mexico.... why Mexico?
"Not all questions are supposed to have an answer" - Someone
04-20-2007, 04:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by VABG
IAMTHEEMPEROR, the truth is... I don't know how to make the arms look different depending on wich race you are Blush .

they are bare arms. If you wish to have sleeves, I would probably ditch the dunmer blue skin color and opt for something that matches what colors you have there already.

any material property with the name "skin" is a special case. the game code looks for nimaterialproperty named "eyes" "skin" "EnvMap2" "RefractF" ect and applies shaders and what not. or in the case of Skin. does a race check and swaps in the correct races texture on those nitrishapes that have the materialproperty named skin.

look a the upperbody.nif or hand.nif. Notice the texturesource is imperial and the nimaterialproperty is "skin". thats about all there is to it
AM NOT A TEXTURER
04-20-2007, 12:15 PM,

Aaaah! So it was that simple! Anyhow... I'll just change the color of the arms to red to fit the colorscheme then. Like this? Is this even red? It's brown on my second screen. And also you can see the bandage-stuff mentioned earlier.
[Image: armwoorredarmsinsteadsw1.th.jpg]

I'm making a testversion with skinning and I can without exaggerating (YESS! I got the spelling right!) say that it will be a whole lot more difficult (and possibly advanced) than anything else I've done on this model (or ever in 3D). Now I feel like I should have chosen a slightly easier hobby Sad
04-21-2007, 02:12 AM,

yep that'll do.

you do not want to know how much of my life I spent earning to rig some of the things I have done. I still get better everytime I rig. like yesterday, learnt some new very handy skinning tricks Smile

I have rigged like 10-20 cuirass like meshes to the Beth player skeleton. for me the pelvis/thigh area, the clavicle/spine2/upperarmtwist and forearm twist bone took the longest to get to the point of predicting it in the animations. and are key to get good at. Now that it doesn't take me a silly amount of time to rig something is not the bane of my existance Smile I crindge at some of my early rigging. like the ice or bonemold Smile
AM NOT A TEXTURER
04-21-2007, 09:26 AM,

Well the largest problem with the skinning is the red eeeeh... thing that's hangin on the arms. I'll might have to work on it a long while or learn something new to make it look good. Some tips for making some very soft skinning would be nice (I think that it could solve my problem).

The reason the skinning will take time is because I'll have to skin it in many different layers and have those layers not clip into eachother. And I'll also try to not get some weird animation-related "chest contraption" when you take out a weapon from the back.

We'll see how it goes... but I've got a killer-cold atm so I'm not sure that I can get any focus on it for a while Sick
04-21-2007, 12:22 PM,

The armour looks bloody brilliant so far!

Shame about your cold, I hope you're well soon. :goodjob:
04-24-2007, 07:29 AM,

The killer-cold is currently in trial so now I've been able to do some stuff. I've taken some pics in the CS. Here you can see that the armor isn't that bright actually and some progress (and some stuff that needs to be fixed) too.
[Image: cspicarmoorrd6.th.jpg][Image: cspicarmoor2ba0.th.jpg]