Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murkwood Development
11-18-2010, 10:25 PM,

Aye, but it would probably rain so often that the complaints would ring true about the general climate.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-26-2010, 12:59 AM,

Well, I forgot to switch on the swampwater again but I had a little play around with Murkwood today and tried adding the new Mudwater assets by Phitt whilst testing out Koniption's tree city model.

This model is as yet unfinished as there will probably be an interior to go with it. However, I can tell you that it is an absolutely vast model that entirely dominates at least one cell and towers above everything around it. In fact, it's so big that it has it's own, partially magical, micro-climate. You can see the cloud-shaped circle surrounding it in one of the shots...although this is an unlikely sight to see as you should rarely be able to see much of the sky in Murkwood due to the wide-reaching foliage of the trees.

At the top of the tree will be most of the city. The other part may lie at the base in the form of Phitt's models.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
11-26-2010, 03:11 AM,

Oooh, nice screenies!

I'll respond to your PM's later. I know I have 4 of them from you.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-26-2010, 10:19 AM,

Nice indeed! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-23-2011, 12:42 PM,

After what seems like an age trying to get the correct grass textures to work, Murkwood is now finally as murky as it's name. It's looking very, very dark indeed and proves difficult to navigate by night-time, making for a suitably disorientating experience. With the inclusion of Vacuity's dangerous wisp-like spirits and some more light-ray and other effects, it should fully meet up with expectations.

Check out these samples.
02-23-2011, 08:47 PM,

Now THAT'S a region that puts the "Black" into Black Marsh!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-23-2011, 09:03 PM,

I'm glad if it has the aura of death even in daytime.... =)
02-23-2011, 09:32 PM,

As murky as it's name? Hehe.

It is very dark, and delightfully so - just the way it should be.
02-23-2011, 10:15 PM,

Nice to see you, Xae. It's been a while.

Yes, it inspired me to get a lttle more landscaping done. There are some oh-so-enticing parts towards the South of the region that are really nicely height-mapped and giving me all sorts of ideas. I'm itching to place the giant Murkwood tree but feel the need to landscape up to it so I don't give myself loads of dull grunt work with no reward at the end.

Anyway, Rockspring on the Talu border leads up through a very narrow pass where the tree city will be revealed in all its glory....I'm going to clear a few of the high points so that it's possible to see the clouds swarming about the topmost branches....the eventual effect should come out a little better than this where I hadn't properly placed the cloud models: Murkwood Development .... =)
02-23-2011, 10:45 PM,

That sounds very cool, and my mind's eye tells me it'll look really cool, too.

Without intentions to derail the thread, yes, I've been more or less absent since before Christmas. I've been working freelance a lot and involved in a conspicuously large amount of drama. That being said, I've made it a point to check the forums and read most updates even though I haven't posted.

I'm nursing a wicked cold at the moment but I'll be back within a week or two, starting with the more pressing stuff.