Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Modders Start Here
08-26-2011, 04:49 PM,

Hi Shanasha,

Tbh, normally, I wouldn't dream of inviting you in...and that's not a judgement of your skills or anything. It's that we have very, very little need of writers since it's so popular an area and we already have quite a few ideas with regards to quests already. However, the thing that we need right now more than ever before is quests. So until I read that you were Mizreg's sister I was going to apologise and say that BM's probably not for you since your talents are likely to be wasted if you were to write quests. The reason being that no one at all ever does the work to mod someone else's quest and if it's one thing I hate, it's a load of people chatting about what they're going to do without actually doing it.

Nevertheless, this idea of you and Mizreg working together sounds pretty wonderful and I'm really hoping this is going to work and that you can inspire each other...so you're very welcome... Big Grin

Even if quests do not come to fruition, you are always free to contribute books and stuff and to help out discussing the ideas that are given the go-ahead.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-26-2011, 05:19 PM,

Welcome Shashana!

Having a brother/sister duo on our mod sounds pretty neat. And since you guys live in the same building (I assume), you have the luxury of cooperating together in real time, etc. That is an added bonus, imo.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-26-2011, 07:16 PM,

Yeah its quite good really, Miz spent almost two hours teaching me how to make cells and worldspaces, make realistic looking landscapes and how to make NPC's. Only they just stand in one spot and don't have very much to say......... a bit of a bummer really, but still, after I got to work on my own creating a lovely little island (a place that actually appears in my book) with a nice cottage and some pirate I got to feel very satisfied. Think I'm gonna ask Miz how to make them say things though.....
Well here I am, I guess.........
08-26-2011, 07:20 PM,

Warning! Modding is addictive....but don't let me stop you.... Big Grin
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-26-2011, 07:31 PM,

Lol could just walk downstairs and tell you but I'm too lazy to stand up right now, and since you are warring around on the forum here you go, Ella, I am not quite good at doing dialogue just yet, I'm practising but I'm not yet done.

PS: shes gonna bug me to death with this Sad
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
09-12-2011, 07:56 PM,
RE: Hello
Hello!

Spoken on the BGS forums, about writing some quests! Keep me updated on the progress of some detailed quest dialogue/scripts etc. Preferably on the BGS forums as I check there more regularly.

Big Grin.
09-13-2011, 09:07 AM,
RE: Hello
hey AliTheLord;

Welcome to Black marsh, don't mind the smell.
here are a few things I gotta tell you.

*Note* When you say scripts, you mean like a play script? if you mean modding scripts, then ignore number 1. (Same for dialogue)

1st: We are really looking for modders at this time, like we really need em! So if you just want to write quests and not do the grunt work, then you should learn to mod first. A few posts (i.e XXMagma) suggest this. And as Ella (Shanasha) is in the same boat, she has a good brother named Miz who's teaching her how to mod.

2nd: head over too the links I give you below, one of em is Naming Codes. This a abbreviation we will all use to refer to you, (sometimes we just use other nicknames) This will also go into use for your mod names. Your naming code will always be put first in your mod names (i.e ATLBM????????) we always out BM after the code followe by the town or region your claim is in.

3rd: we are always here to help! Just post anything you need help with in the thread, found in the second link I give you.

4th: Please, please please, do not work for a few weeks or days, do something and leave, never to be seen again, that pisses us off. i see so many "new Users" in the bottom section of the home page, and when I check their profile, they have zilch posts or two at the most. if you do, we will hop on guars, take our spears rubbed in blood of a diseased Dunmer and storm your house. but seriously, don't do it, it makes me sad.

hope i won't get in trouble from the core for this, but it is good prectice if i ever make it to the core. (ha! IMD)

Yours Sincerely

PWN

The linky links:

The Naming Codes: Naming Codes

The Help Area: Interior Cell Naming Convention for BM

The Cell Naming I talked about: Interior Cell Naming Convention for BM
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
09-13-2011, 04:34 PM,

That's a good job, PWN. Well done!

And yes, AliTheLord says he knows how to do quests which makes him fit the bill perfectly.

@ AliTheLord - Your main introduction here is to take a look at the first post of this thread which should direct you towards everything else you may need to look at. In the meantime, as mentioned on the Bethsoft forums, I'll try to get some scripts to you by this weekend and send you a private message (just look for the link towards the top of the screen that says 'PM Inbox') when I'm done.

Just for future reference, here is where we discuss and develop quests: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=154 .

And this is where they get turned into proper 'quest claims' for quest modders to work on: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=478 .

The only one there at the moment is really small but there are a large number of quests that just need to be interpreted, scripted and packaged up for Quest modders to work on. It shouldn't be long before you have a good selection to choose from.
09-15-2011, 08:34 AM,

Hello!

I thought I already posted here, but apparently I didn't. My memory isn't that good!

I'll be implementing some small quests and such Smile.
09-15-2011, 08:43 AM,

i'm sorry, but you did, i introduced you and IG clarified some things, i am 100% sure you posted, as i am looking at the post right now.
If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas