Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for concept artists
05-16-2007, 12:11 PM,
Assassin weapons
Well thanks that u guys like them, I hope that they can be a part of the game, that would be awesome!
05-16-2007, 05:26 PM,

Here is a concept of the Redoran Arena:
Arena front

the gladiator ring

spectator tower

guarhide sun cover

print of the arena
1. Main entrance
2. The gladiator ring
3. Animal pen
4. Spectator towers
5. WIP spectator tower
this is fpr the rich peoples, and "comentatiors"
6. This number dosen't show on the print becose I forgot it!
7. Here are the dining room and some beds where the gladators can rest or have ther "last" dinner or first
8. Here are the gladiator armory and training room!

prints of the arena dungeon
this is the dungeon under the arena where the gladiator dinning room and the armory are!

That's it! If you have any questions or if you need more pictures of the arena ask me!
I hope that you have use for this arena.
07-01-2007, 03:54 AM,
Imperial Homes?
Okay!

I got to work lastnight on some of the Imperial houses that I thought might have ended up on this side of the sea of Ghosts. To that end, I took several things in consideration.
1. The prevailing wind is blowing, I suspect, towards the east in general (Corriolis Effect) but wind will blow counter to the prevailing current on the ocean's surface.
2. These buildings seem to be poured concrete or concrete coverd masonry or cut stone. I could also go as far as thatching and meshed twigs and other agregates to which the concrete and mortar can cling and set.
3. The Greeks used Ash from Vesuvius and other island volcanos in their concrete such as the temple of the Pantheon. Ash makes concrete extremely light and very durrable to stress which allows it to be built up very easily without too much weight.
4. That ash is coming from the plumes of debris coming out of the throat of Mount Daggoth. Now the means and the make are united. Ash falls from Morrowind, is collected and mixed in with the lime and other rocks to create a lightweight, sealed concrete to make buildings.
5. Because of the blight that WAS riding in on the ash, houses are set up to shed the overburden of ash and assist the wind to blow over them to scatter the ash outside of the city region. Houses are designed to shed this potential health risk while also utilizing it to seal out the particulate from the breathing air inside the home.
I could go on but this is getting to be a long post. I will include more of my thoughts as more illustrations come. I have another page and a half done of various imperial designs for houses and town stuffs, culminated in some very nice, colored images of many houses together in a region. That will come last. For now, please review this small piece, done entirely from memory of what houses looked like in Morrowind.

[Image: imperialhouses001co9.th.jpg]
To stand here, the road stretched out before me in perfect view, having been ocluded for so many years by the trial and tribulation of learning: truly it has been worth all of this.
07-01-2007, 07:35 AM,

Great drawing, but it feels a bit like velothi style farmhouses with how the window looks and the shape of the house is like a brick. Maybe you're mixing up velothi and imperael common? Here are some pics of common houses. Very nice concept, however.

http://www.nvnews.net/articles/gpu_world...wind_1.jpg | http://tes.ag.ru/mw/pgv/village/img/seyda_neen_01.jpg
07-01-2007, 11:30 AM,

Nice work there Infamousborlaug! A modeller couldn't ask for clearer and more detailed concept art than that, it's as perfect as can get.

Similar to kingevil however I'm confused what architectural style your concept art is of? It seems to have Velothi influences as kingevil mentioned, but I also thought I could see Hlaalu influences. It looks very beautiful in itself, but I can't say I think the style matches a design from TES3.

Rather, the Imperial houses in Morrowind would look similar to the designs I attached below. You could say that there are two styles; one style has white-ish plaster walls and shingle roofs, and the other style has stone walls and thatch roofs. The former is often called 'common' and the latter 'nord', but since there are other architectural pieces that move inbetween the style categories I'd say it's all just one style but with great variety. An Imperial town in Morrowind, like Caldera for instance, uses both styles. I think it plays into the idea that settlers moved into Morrowind from different parts of the Empire and build homes similar to the ones they had in their old country. Still, I think the style with white-ish plaster walls and shingle roofs is the true "Imperial Common" style, given that the Governor's Mansion in Caldera uses it.

Could I convince you to create concept art based on these designs, but in much higher detail than in the old game?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-12-2007, 12:22 AM,
Lets get this party started!!! Imperial Style!
Okay guys, I shaped up my work flow. After some time off to go job hunting, I bring you the flat colors stage of a piece that will outline my concept ideas for the Imperial style buildings portion of the project. I want to know what you think of the colored rendering as is, since it will have shaddows and shades as well as more material around it, the more I work on it.

For now, enjoy the post as more will come with time Smile

[Image: imperialstyle001nb5.th.jpg]
To stand here, the road stretched out before me in perfect view, having been ocluded for so many years by the trial and tribulation of learning: truly it has been worth all of this.
07-12-2007, 03:19 AM,
RE: Lets get this party started!!! Imperial Style!
Quote:Originally posted by Infamousborlaug
Okay guys, I shaped up my work flow. After some time off to go job hunting, I bring you the flat colors stage of a piece that will outline my concept ideas for the Imperial style buildings portion of the project. I want to know what you think of the colored rendering as is, since it will have shaddows and shades as well as more material around it, the more I work on it.

For now, enjoy the post as more will come with time Smile

Very nice work! I rarely get to see such outstanding concept art around here as yours - clean, perfect perspective, and wonderfully imaginative. :goodjob:

The only thing I could think of that I didn't agree with you in your design is that I would like to keep the overall style the windows had in the original architecture [image]. The way the window sills protrude from the wall in the shape of half of a ten-sided sphere. The flowerbeds was a very nice touch though, and I love the door design. May I ask what the small shield-like shape to the left of the door, and the yellow shape above the door, represents? And on the wall just below the roof - behind the triple support bars - may I ask what the grayish material is that you envisioned (so that I or another modeller can use an appropriate texture for it)?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-13-2007, 07:59 PM,

I would it like mw: making seperate (basic) pieces. if you would have Mw, you could take a look at the cs. it will increase the variety much. FE: the house with a roof of straw should have a different model (or roof texture) than a pice with a (lay?) stone roof. When the models should be finished, it should be possible to add them near each other (and perhaps bleed them, to make it look like one house, although I recommend the modder to this with the houses with teh same roof.
I don't know if you understand or what the other will think.
07-14-2007, 09:52 PM,

Actually my post is more a hint for modellers. I didn't see that it was meant for concept artists.
10-03-2007, 11:52 PM,

Any chance this thread could get updated? I have no clue what is done, being worked on, or what needs to be done.